11/25 Early Tuesday Maintenance - Page 9 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

11/25 Early Tuesday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
419 replies to this topic

#201 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:56 AM

what server down? ive been logging in just fine here ^_^

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 22 November 2014 - 01:57 AM.

#202 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:56 AM

Why did the server go down, tonight again, for the 3rd time this week, or has it just been me???

Just you.

#203 teitoklien

teitoklien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:00 AM

Lets talk about these Super Novices that cant lvl solo.

Speak for yourself 126-135 i solo'd Bitfrost Tower and eclage dailys el dictaste bounty boards on my super novice.

As a person who mains novice i am looking forward to this change, i think TI leveling is ridiculous and would like to see eden and gramps removed entirely.

Edited by teitoklien, 22 November 2014 - 02:00 AM.

#204 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:01 AM

any video? and ill speak for myself.

#205 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:02 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Has this been the case ever since maintenance? No one else has experienced it? I know one of the times it happened, & I  checked Ragial, that there weren't as many vendors on. There were also a lot of new patches when I did restart RO.

#206 teitoklien

teitoklien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:02 AM

any video? and ill speak for myself.

I didn't film the entire thing but i can show you a video of my novice pseudo effectively doing these things that i made to show how good another players build guide was, gimme 30minutes to re upload. 

#207 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:29 AM

ok

#208 teitoklien

teitoklien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:01 AM

ok

Now i am not proclaiming to be a faster killer than a ranger or as tanky as a RG, but those 9 levels only took me  a week 2-4 hours a day and every single one of them was challenging and rewarding.

My leveling methods for my super novice included but were not limited too Bitfrost Tower, Eclage Dailys/ Quests, Scaraba dungeon, El Dictaste bounty boards, manuk field, Nidhoggur's place before the dungeon with the elementals, Biolabs level 1.

Before you make the obvious retort "Well thats not efficient and your killing power is terrible" i estimate that by the time i am 150/50 (Currently 144/30) i will have quadrupled my killing power and since in this video i was using substandard gear (EDEN STUFF) it is logical that my character will have progressed in items/ skills/ damage by the time i am ready to start my leveling too 160.

It may not be the fastest thing in the world, but its doable, PLS NO LICHTERNS THOUGH i have to run in fear if those guys get too mobby.

Saying a super novice is unable to solo is false,people are just lazy.

On a side note, i have literally broken 5 agi gloves trying to slot them now, i went over the official quest scripts and it looks like they should only have a 5% chance to break, i am not sure what kind of modification's iRO has made to the original KRO script but was it this hard for anyone else? feel like i would have been better off making costume hats and selling them than buying the slotted gloves.

Edited by teitoklien, 22 November 2014 - 03:23 AM.

#209 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:07 AM

although it seems slow, but you really know what u were doing and how to save your ass. thumbs up.

#210 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:29 AM

Just curious how many blue pots did you go through :D

Edited by Razzez, 22 November 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#211 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:48 AM

did u see he use strawberries?

#212 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:52 AM

From the 11/12 maintenance thread, "Pets no longer need to be loyal status to give pet egg bonuses".  My Dullahan pet is at Shy status but it doesnt give me the effect bonus (+5 crit). Am i missing something here?  :hmm: Or i have to feed it at least to cordial or something?

#213 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:15 AM

did u see he use strawberries?

Of course not or I wouldn't have posted that :P

From the 11/12 maintenance thread, "Pets no longer need to be loyal status to give pet egg bonuses".  My Dullahan pet is at Shy status but it doesnt give me the effect bonus (+5 crit). Am i missing something here?  :hmm: Or i have to feed it at least to cordial or something?

I've seen some other posts, in last weeks thread, with others saying it wasn't working for them either.

I'm wanting to know if you guys can fix it, so when the HP Bar shows no HP left, the monsters are really dead, instead of barely alive. The HP Bars are going blank but they are still alive :hmm:

#214 LTpain

LTpain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

free reset for stats and skill please

#215 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:30 AM

First thing. A big big thank you to the people who've done this on the wiki. Really, godbless you people, I kiss the ground on which you walk on. Saved me tons of time.

Second, the "information gathering" starts from October 9, 2012. Before that date the turn ins were separated in different level ranges than what we have now with gramps so I don't see a point to include that data. And I guess they were done in a different way (hunt on field maps I think. idk really, I started playing in late December 2012).

Third, this is a simplified version of what you can find on irowiki (link). If you spot anything that's wrong, reply/PM and I'll edit it. And no, I won't write out stats for different monsters (too much unpaid work. Offer me some cute headgears and I might reconsider :3). The only thing I might add is the date when the monsters were used before last (does that make sense? Basically, it would show the last two dates when the monsters were used lol)

Link to google doc (if you can't access, do tell, I didn't use google docs for a while)

Comments/TL;DR:

Low TI
1) There were a total of 51(!) monsters in low turn ins.
2) High Orcs are the most common monster put in (10 appearances). Followed by Elders and Headless Mules (both 9 appearances).
3) There are 5 monsters with only 1 appearance (Holden, Permeter, Cendrawasih, Waste stove). Assaulter has his debut this week tho.
4) The most common combination is Headless Mule and Marionette. That combo showed up 8(!) times (consider that Mules were in 9 times and Marionettes 8 times, it's a match made in heaven :3 ).
5) I assume all monsters with 3 or more appearances are okay to put in.

Mid TI
1) Total of 51(!) monsters again.
2) To my surprise, Loli Ruri is the most often used monster (11 appearances). Quite a lot of monsters have 9 appearances (Succubus, Incubus, Abys Knight, Naga and Death Word).
3) There are 12(!) monsters with only one appearance(Deleter(Sky), Hill Wind, Anubis, Archdam,Aliza, Hillslion, Agav, Echio, Tikbalang, Nepenthes, Seeker and Vanberk).
4) Succubus and Incubus are the match made in heaven for mid TI. 9 appearances together. They go nicely together, don't they? :>

High TI
1) Total of 41 monsters.
2) Parus, Angra Mantis and Banshee are the most often used monsters (13 appearances).
3) 7 monsters appeared only once (Necromancer, Incarnation of Morroc (Human), KK, Armeyer Dinze, Howard, Seyren and Cecil).
4) The fiery duo of Imp and Salamander shows up 6 times. Banshee and Miming 5 times.

Suggestion(s):
Kay, now lets see...
A database search for monster levels 75-103 (Desert Wolf is 103 and was used in low TI), which aren't Boss protocol, shows up 134 monsters. Let's consider some that can be used (keeping in mind Oda's guidelines):
Petite (Sky), Clock, Porcellio, Dragon Tail, Demon Pungus, Poisonous Toad (passive), Spring rabbit (looter, easy to mob), Injustice, Gig, Nereid are some of them.

Mid TI (101 to 125) shows 119 monsters (yes I know Desert Wolf is 103, Hill Wind is 101 and was used in mid). Some more that could be used: Medusa, Snowier, Gibbet, Kobold (axe), Plasmas (maybe, kinda low spawn outside of TT), Centipede (NOT larva, the regular one, it's lvl 125).

Mid is covered pretty nicely, the rest of monsters have either really low spawn or are spawned in instances (like Aqua Elemental, Mini Demon and similar, then again we have succi and incubuses /shrug).

High TI shows 69 monsters that are 126+ and not Boss protocol. We're kinda thin here. The only thing that they could add in are the rest of Lichterns (no Bow/Sword Guardians, Byorgues and such as per Oda's guidelines). I was going to suggest old glast heim mobs too but then I realised that they drop coagulated spells so it's probably not a good idea. Yeah, I should probably use that thing we call the brain more often.

Oookay, that's it from me, I hope you can discuss it more, give suggestions to CMs, be civil and have fun. I'm going to go make some hot chocolate, smoke like 3 cigs at once and go level my fail swordie. I'll cover the maps in the next couple of days (will try to do it before Tuesday maint).

To the above, about free stat/skill reset, be patient, we got one last year for Christmas, if we behave like good children do, we might get it this year too. :3

Edited by OniichanN, 22 November 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#216 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

Fascinating data

#217 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:13 PM

It amazes me how many people haven't even registered the fact that Oda has said he has the 175 update data with the new skills included. This is like this biggest news in years.

As for gramps there is no 3rd class anymore that can not easily solo level on their own thanks to numerous equipment updates, primarily boots of time. There is no support who cannot now use their AoE skills as a instant cast build and literally wipe the floor with any mobs in regular dungeons or the new nightmare dungeons. The whole idea of party play is not actually needed at all. It wont stop some people going around in small groups but the idea that 12 man partys are somehow efficient, they are not and never have been "unless each member is going around solo and not as a group". It has always been well tuned small partys that have been most efficient.

It's amazing that people still argue that there are some classes that can not solo or do well themselves. It's like they have been in complete ignorance of the last year worth of updates. Couple that with the nightmare dungeons kro relies on to level and no-one would ever touch gramps in comparison to solo leveling in the new nightmare dungeons.

iRO has ignored nightmare dungeons for YEARS now. We need to DEMAND that they put them in, not squabble over the question of a aging and tired gramps.

#218 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

Gramps TIs were implemented BECAUSE kRO won't give us the dungeons for some reason.

#219 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Gramps TIs were implemented BECAUSE kRO won't give us the dungeons for some reason.

because kRO only care about kRO/jRO.

btw we should have a new TI 150~160...

Edited by Hissis, 22 November 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#220 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

It amazes me how many people haven't even registered the fact that Oda has said he has the 175 update data with the new skills included. This is like this biggest news in years.

As for gramps there is no 3rd class anymore that can not easily solo level on their own thanks to numerous equipment updates, primarily boots of time. There is no support who cannot now use their AoE skills as a instant cast build and literally wipe the floor with any mobs in regular dungeons or the new nightmare dungeons. The whole idea of party play is not actually needed at all. It wont stop some people going around in small groups but the idea that 12 man partys are somehow efficient, they are not and never have been "unless each member is going around solo and not as a group". It has always been well tuned small partys that have been most efficient.

It's amazing that people still argue that there are some classes that can not solo or do well themselves. It's like they have been in complete ignorance of the last year worth of updates. Couple that with the nightmare dungeons kro relies on to level and no-one would ever touch gramps in comparison to solo leveling in the new nightmare dungeons.

iRO has ignored nightmare dungeons for YEARS now. We need to DEMAND that they put them in, not squabble over the question of a aging and tired gramps.

Wait, 3rd jobs are getting new skills too, I heard the job lv cap will be raised to lv 60, but didn't know more skills will be added as well.

Is there any site to see what new skills we will be getting(translated into English please) ?

Yea, it would be great to get the Nightmare dungeons, Gramps can go to hell for all I care.

Edited by Zoltor, 22 November 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#221 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

Wait, 3rd jobs are getting new skills too, I heard the job lv cap will be raised to lv 60, but didn't know more skills will be added as well.

Is there any site to see what new skills we will be getting(translated into English please) ?

Yea, it would be great to get the Nightmare dungeons, Gramps can go to hell for all I care.

Take a look here.

#222 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

Wanderers get gypped again

#223 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:50 PM

Take a look here.

Oh ok thanks(I knew about Water DB, thought that was already in), that RG skill is damn awesome, and the SC skill is gonna annoy so many people :). Looks like kRO is trying to turn Sorcerers into the new MVP tanks/wannabe Sac Saders. Suras get a sweet buff, although for what is needed to trigger it, 4 sec duration seems rather low.

#224 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

DB water is not already in

#225 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

We are planning limited consumable and/or no god item or mvp card woes if you have other event woes you would like to suggest post it here!

Any suggest guys? we are just talking about TIs and lvl 160 :v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users