TI sucks, is there a better place to lv, then that for 76+ vit knight? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

TI sucks, is there a better place to lv, then that for 76+ vit knight?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

Wow what a horrendous place to hunt, why the hell aren't they instance based sigh. There's too many players in there, for my vit Knight to let loose, and warrant AOE bombing everything to death(sadly static golems is a better designed map then that place, hell even OD with all the AFKmists is more viable then TI), and just poking/Piercing is too slow, plus is just getting me killed.

Please tell me there's a better place to lv then that cluster **** of a map?

Edited by Zoltor, 21 November 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#2 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:08 AM

Low TIs map has always been a mess,I always try to skip it and only start doing mid TIs. I'd say try doing those bounty board quests, Eden Group quests. 

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

You're supposed to do it in a party, not solo... I've always found the turnins to be unreasonably fast, though low TI is the worst of them. Often, it's very crowded. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 November 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#4 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:11 AM

You're supposed to do it in a party, not solo... I've always found the turnins to be unreasonably fast.

Lol, that reminded me, back then I used to solo Low TIs with Blacksmith via HSCR, or my Crusader with Grand Cross to get the last few levels, painful memories.

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:16 AM

There are eden boards up to ~85 that have pretty good reward. Some of those are passive monsters though so they may be more kill-one-at-a-time oriented.

Nogg is a place you can solo but it's quite difficult for players without full soloing gears. That and the nightmare terrors suck SP like mad. I actually prefer just soloing low TI so I can get counts while getting good EXP.

Without full soloing gears, partying in a TI is pretty much the way to go. You might end up spending quite a while waiting for the party to get a Healer / Wiz / (Maybe a ranger!) but once it begins with a solid party, it's quite fast.

#6 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:23 AM

You're supposed to do it in a party, not solo... I've always found the turnins to be unreasonably fast.

I hate patying(until this game makes it so everyone gets separate drops/each player rolls for drops(think FF 11,FF11 is a utter POS,  the drop system was the only good thing about FF, but that's definitely the kind of drop system RO should use, until then, screw parties), nevermind  the time it takes just to organize a stupid party, yea I'll pass on that.

OMG, so are you saying there is no "real" map in the entire game, that people can lv from say 80-99 now?

This is RO for crying out loud, why should I be encouraged to do stupid hunting quests, in order to lv? Every few minutes, I'm gonna have to return to town now to hand in a stupid quest, sounds fun.

How bad does the xp penalty hit, can I get away with leveling in Magma or will those mobs give no xp at my lv?

Edited by Zoltor, 21 November 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#7 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

There are eden boards up to ~85 that have pretty good reward. Some of those are passive monsters though so they may be more kill-one-at-a-time oriented.

86-90 Eden Boards and 91-99 Eden Boards exist.  They are on the second floor.

Both boards give pretty reasonable rewards but they do have a cooldown of a few hours per quest.  91-99 is very useful for job exp since each give 300k job for 30 monsters.

Bounty and Eden Boards are the way to go if you want to level outside Gramps TI.  There are some good bounty boards in Juno and in Geffen for that range.  There is also places like Moscovia or Glast Heim that are pretty decent for grinding.  I used to get to 90-95 there on my characters in moscovia since it also provides decent zeny making.  If you don't want to do the quest to access the maps there are a few people willing to give warps.

You can always try going to db.irowiki.org and search for monsters -5 to +15 levels of your current level (71-91 for you).  Those are where you want to level.

#8 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:14 AM

86-90 Eden Boards and 91-99 Eden Boards exist.  They are on the second floor.

Both boards give pretty reasonable rewards but they do have a cooldown of a few hours per quest.  91-99 is very useful for job exp since each give 300k job for 30 monsters.

Bounty and Eden Boards are the way to go if you want to level outside Gramps TI.  There are some good bounty boards in Juno and in Geffen for that range.  There is also places like Moscovia or Glast Heim that are pretty decent for grinding.  I used to get to 90-95 there on my characters in moscovia since it also provides decent zeny making.  If you don't want to do the quest to access the maps there are a few people willing to give warps.

You can always try going to db.irowiki.org and search for monsters -5 to +15 levels of your current level (71-91 for you).  Those are where you want to level.

Ok thanks

Once I get to 86, looks like I'll have more Freedom. Perhaps I'll hunt Evil Druids, as long as there aren't a lot of people in there, it should be super easy place to get to 85 or so. If that doesn't work out(although it should, they don't need 500 hit, there's 40 on the map, they're weak to Holy, and they only have just over 5k HP, I should beable to easily 1hit entire armies of Evil Druids to death), I guess I can do the boring boards for the few levels I need.

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

if you're vip you can also get access to high orcs map.  that's perfect for brandish build knights.

#10 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

if you're vip you can also get access to high orcs map.  that's perfect for brandish build knights.

Oh yea forgot about them, seems like they removed them from the field though, so Clock Tower is really the only place to find them now. It's a option I guess though, so thanks.

#11 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

86-90 Eden Boards and 91-99 Eden Boards exist. They are on the second floor.

Yeah I know they exist, but I did say "good reward". The 86-90 ones are pretty bad. 91-99 is only good for job EXP. Actually even the 71-85 ones start to feel slow after ~80 but they are not bad from 71-80.

#12 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:21 PM

Yeah I know they exist, but I did say "good reward". The 86-90 ones are pretty bad. 91-99 is only good for job EXP. Actually even the 71-85 ones start to feel slow after ~80 but they are not bad from 71-80.

May not be the best option but most of the monster on those boards are put in on the TIs, so you dont lose anything by taking Eden Boards and Bounty Quest plus TI, ppl should be getting 99/70 in less than a weekend.

#13 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

Harpies, and then Desert wolves. Make sure you've either got a marduk headgear, or plenty of green pots for harpies.

By themselves, they're already fast exp. If you've got VIP, you can just do harpies + the bounty board for them until 99.

#14 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

Harpies, and then Desert wolves. Make sure you've either got a marduk headgear, or plenty of green pots for harpies.

By themselves, they're already fast exp. If you've got VIP, you can just do harpies + the bounty board for them until 99.

Holy crap, 150 Harpies on a single map. what the hell?  Is that a typo on iRO wiki or something? If not I'm gonna so head over there. To make matters even better, their def sucks, and they have crap hp too.

I hate Juno, but omg I need to check that map out. Also yea, I have VIP too. Oh Develing spawns there too huh, wouldn't it be nice if I got the card to drop(I want one to actually use too, but with my luck, It's so not gonna drop), I'll bring my Holy spear just incase I run into it.

Thanks.

Edit: Yea I'll fight Harpies until around 85, then I'll do Magma until I get to 99/70. Thanks again

Edited by Zoltor, 21 November 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#15 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Right, desert wolves, that's actually one of my favorite grind maps around 90-105. I personally haven't played any characters below ~120 in a while so my memory is pretty fuzzy.

Kobolds map is pretty good too if you have a ton of demihuman gear too. Roweens are not bad from 80-90 or so.

#16 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

Right, desert wolves, that's actually one of my favorite grind maps around 90-105. I personally haven't played any characters below ~120 in a while so my memory is pretty fuzzy.

Kobolds map is pretty good too if you have a ton of demihuman gear too. Roweens are not bad from 80-90 or so.

Do I have any Demi-human gear...; You're talking to the king of Raydric Hunting here. Granted that was on my rogue, but the gear can be used by any job, and I made sure to stockpile a array of spears for my future high lv trans LK, where more then a couple are designed to dominate Demi-human, so yea lol I'm good.

I may check them out, but unless they tampered with the Magma map, I should be set from lv 85-100+. However thanks anyway.

Edited by Zoltor, 21 November 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

bowling bashing or brandishing stem worms and rafflesias while they are in spotlight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users