Lets Talk About WOE

19 replies to this topic

#1 ninjaboy18

ninjaboy18

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

Well WOE sucks in RO2, not just about lagggg issues, but the WOE itself. First of all, the WOE items like Catapults, Mortars and all those -_-ty stuffs. It made the attacking guilds impossible to attack coz if you get hit, it's absolute Death. Not to mention it's one of the reason why WOE map is soo laggy especially when you're near the emp. Too much stuff to load which makes WOE map lagggy and takes away all the fun and discourage other players and guilds to participate. They say to destroy those Catapults, well that BS coz there's like hundreds of those around and enemy guilds killing you. 

Why not take away all those WOE stuffs and make woe how it's supposed to be played? The old fashioned RO1 WOE game play? Player vs Player, not those catapults being use by defending guilds. I'm not suggesting to make it more like RO1 WOE gameplay but just those annoying stuffs added.  It should be better if we get killed by other players than being killed by a manned catapult which also contributes lagg to WOE... 

What do you think about this suggestion guys?

#2 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:31 PM

Well... you're up to date on what makes RO2....RO2. Kudos for you!! :D 

Unfortunately there is no other way for them to change what they have so eagerly thought was going to bring back their RO1 audience. With the things were from the start to the now, class balancing was and is still a major issue. RO1 on the other hand had a system and a roll for each class to take part of in their WoE. Those WoE siege weapons are basically their only option for giving everyone a chance, had there been no siege weapons, then who ever has the best skills and equips will always win, in RO2's case is pretty boring and bland.

So in the meantime while we complain how imbalance, broken, and laggy everything is, they'll just add more imbalanced, broken, and laggy things to make money off of.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

They designed RO2's WoE to be different because RO1 is still supported so you can go to RO1 if you prefer RO1-type WoE. Therefore, I doubt they'd revamp RO2's WoE to be like RO1's.

#4 2964141105040322270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:frey

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:03 AM

agree with this.. up and support ..

#5 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:27 AM

If you know how to use siege weapons you have a pretty big advantage, just play and learn how to use them propertly, you can do miracles with them.
Aaaaaand....if you have the right build for pvp/woe, you wont get 1 shot by catapults (speaking as a sin)
No need to remove them, idk why ppl is still comparing ro1 to ro2, they are 2 different games and they should keep being different, if you want ro2 to be as ro1, then whats the point of making a whole new game haha, just go play ro1 if you're a fan of ro1.

#6 ninjaboy18

ninjaboy18

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:40 AM

Well I'm not not saying to make it like RO1, just those annoying siege weapons are not really necessary. And talking about those who got the best equips/skills will always win, Well I doubt that coz not all good players will stay in 1 guild. So it'll still be balance during WOE. How can you survive Catapults if there's like 2-3 catapults hitting you from random places at the same time? Using those siege weapons only tells players to quit joining woe coz only those Huge HP players with good equips will survive and not giving chance to less fortunate players to enjoy WOE coz they are discourage to join coz they'll just die right away. Without those siege weapons, those players who doesn't have good equips will still stand a chance, why? coz of teamwork and strategies. And defending guilds will work harder to defend than just sitting their asses in those siege weapons and keep firing near the emps and randomly....... Any GM or Devs should review this topic!! 

Edited by ninjaboy18, 24 November 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#7 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

Aaaaaand....if you have the right build for pvp/woe, you wont get 1 shot by catapults (speaking as a sin)

Just go full vit, Basically aside from a Few people the whole player base spams vit, Just put all your stats points in to vit, get some blue seeds, nice gear and u can tank catapults. This also works for every class. VIP+vit runes ect also help

#8 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:28 AM

Speaking about WoE, you dont just waltz inside there and be victorious right away. You have to prepare before going into war, even on real life wars. If you expect to survive with minimal gear then think again.
These guilds that you ate talking about spend time getting themselves strong and ready. Even heavily geared people still cant tank all siege weapons.
You can ask in every guild that joins to WoE if they gain a Victory with just 1 participation and minimal gear. If you are aware that what you gave isnt enough yet then try to get stronger.
Also, you might wanna study every siege weapon coz theres a counter for everything just FYI.

#9 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:49 AM

Its like chess, and whoever thinks the farthest ahead wins, in reality you can win woe with no real pvp ever being done, it just takes knowledge, strategy and the thing most guilds are missing "Coordination"

Edited by deathdelete, 24 November 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#10 bigfatjiji

bigfatjiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:07 AM

If it was going to be player vs player with no siege, then any zerg guild would pretty much win. The constant issue is the FPS which I doubt will ever get fixed.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

RO2's WoE definitely needs a TON of work to get it up to RO1's standard of enjoyability and strategy, but making it the same as RO1's WoE is certainly not going to happen.

#12 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

Every time i see this post bumped, i sing salt n' pepa in my head.

Spoiler

Edited by magpi, 25 November 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#13 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

Its like chess, and whoever thinks the farthest ahead wins, in reality you can win woe with no real pvp ever being done, it just takes knowledge, strategy and the thing most guilds are missing "Coordination"

Or people just gate camp, because that is great PvP.  10v1 at Prontera Gates, too OP.

#14 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

Or people just gate camp, because that is great PvP.  10v1 at Prontera Gates, too OP.

not just prontera gates. just sayin'  :no1:

#15 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

Isn't that the reason our barricades have been disabled?  Because a guild was building them up at the entrances keeping people from entering.

#16 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:43 PM

Someone has been putting barricades at the entrances?  That's horrible!

#17 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:36 PM

Someone has been putting barricades at the entrances?  That's horrible!

This is why we can't have nice things.

#18 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

I heard you like getting grass, well let me just drop lod here, and then..... brandish storm here...... hey guys if anyone walks in cc them to death with 5 people..... that is called pro strats

#19 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:33 AM

or they can use the widely popular Dark Illusion from hide until you are dead or better yet, one shot 2+ people with grimtooth from hide now.

#20 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:16 AM

not just prontera gates. just sayin'  :no1:

Isn't that the reason our barricades have been disabled?  Because a guild was building them up at the entrances keeping people from entering.

Yes to all of that lol. This is also the reason they've added that short "invulnerability" buff when you spawn but its a band-aid patch to the problem.

Thing is:

Long and variable loading times nullifies the buff's usefulness.

Newbies still waste zeny on the barricades, they're still for sale last time I checked.

Small guilds still camp the entrance regardless.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users