[Unconclusive] Hypnotizer level 5 problem - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Unconclusive] Hypnotizer level 5 problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xCroSsLuMi

xCroSsLuMi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSingapore, Earth, Milky Way, Observable Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:49 AM

I am level 54 with a level 5 Hypnotizer and 6000+ aim rate. When I move my cursor over the aim rate in my stats area, it says "If your opponent has 3000 EVA, your aim rate will be 100%" I was PvPing against my friend who is a lvl 46 Assassin with 2000 EVA but whenever I use Hypnotizer on him, it says "miss" on his screen but of course on my screen it says nothing. This has been happening ever since I made sleep to level 5. Initially it was level 3 and when I double leveled it up to 5, this missing thing has become WAYYYY too frequent. Because if it has something to the with it being level 5, I am soooo going to buy a skill reset and turn it back to 3 or 4. 

Edited by xCroSsLuMi, 11 January 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#2 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

hypnotizer is only 90% chance of stun at 5/5 

#3 xCroSsLuMi

xCroSsLuMi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:59 AM

hypnotizer is only 90% chance of stun at 5/5 

It displayed it as "Miss" and normally a miss means your aim rate is too low or am I interpreting this wrongly?

I am not retarded either. I know it is a 90% chance.

Edited by xCroSsLuMi, 07 December 2014 - 02:00 AM.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:44 AM

I don't think Rabbicarpo2011 wanted to offend you. But not everyone knows and I think he just wanted to point this out. So there is no need to give such a rude answer. 

#5 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

It displayed it as "Miss" and normally a miss means your aim rate is too low or am I interpreting this wrongly?

90% chance, therefore it's displayed as miss because your hypnotizer did not hit your target.

#6 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:02 AM

90% chance that does not take into account aim rate.

Here is an examlpe; Stumblebum level 5/5 has a 54% (memory is fuzzy) chance to hit it's target regardless of my aim or their evade.

Hypnotizer is like that, a set % chance that ignores their evade but doesn't use your aim rate. In a sense that means you can use it on targets of any evade rate and have the same chance of hitting them. There are a lot of skills like that in game for a lot of classes.

It's not bugged, you might just be unlucky with the 10% miss rate. The only other explanation is that this is another skill where the skill description was not updated with a recent major patch that might have affected it. However I do not recall Galaxia parts 1 or 2 doing so.

#7 xCroSsLuMi

xCroSsLuMi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

90% chance that does not take into account aim rate.

Here is an examlpe; Stumblebum level 5/5 has a 54% (memory is fuzzy) chance to hit it's target regardless of my aim or their evade.

Hypnotizer is like that, a set % chance that ignores their evade but doesn't use your aim rate. In a sense that means you can use it on targets of any evade rate and have the same chance of hitting them. There are a lot of skills like that in game for a lot of classes.

It's not bugged, you might just be unlucky with the 10% miss rate. The only other explanation is that this is another skill where the skill description was not updated with a recent major patch that might have affected it. However I do not recall Galaxia parts 1 or 2 doing so.

Naw. I found out that the higher movement speed/level one has, the harder it is to hit. I can use sleep 20 times on a person who has 350+ MS and is 10 levels higher than me and only able to sleep him 1/20 times not even exaggerating here.

#8 RJGS

RJGS

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

Naw. I found out that the higher movement speed/level one has, the harder it is to hit. I can use sleep 20 times on a person who has 350+ MS and is 10 levels higher than me and only able to sleep him 1/20 times not even exaggerating here.

It's levels. Your Aim/Evade stat only applies against players/mobs of the same level. Basically, if your target has a higher level than you do, your Aim stat is actually lowered and your target's Evade stat is increased. I'm not a 100% sure about this, but it does seem to be the case, as even Ninjas find it hard to hit mobs who are 10+ levels above them.

Edited by RJGS, 30 January 2015 - 09:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users