#1 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

So i thought i'd share some information about this skill as i spent some time testing it. It creates a safety wall and a (invisible) pnuema at the position of all party members while killing your summoned spirit in the process. The duration at level 5 is 50 seconds and it blocks 12/14/16 hits depending on summoned spirit level.The safety wall and pnuema have individual hit counters which means you can avoid upto 16 melee and 16 ranged attacks before they both disappear.They also have an unknown number of hit points and will disappear in one hit if they take too much damage(not before fully absorbing the damage). The skill itself has no reuse delay and can be used 4 times with 4 different elementals in succession. SP Cost = 120

Edited by sb120495, 27 November 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#2 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

is there a cooldown?

#3 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:39 PM

The skill itself has no reuse delay and can be used 4 times with 4 different elementals in succession. SP Cost = 120

is there a cooldown?

#4 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

So it requires a summon to use?

#5 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yes,and it consumes the summoned spirit.

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

is it exactly like kRO it blocks skills and melee attacks of the elementals nature or it simply blocks all indescriminantly?

#7 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Blocks all.

#8 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:58 AM

This skills sounds lame to me... Furthermore, it makes me feel like Kro doesnt really know themselves which role to push sorcerer into: support or damage dealer. Leaving him in rather poor state

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

This skills sounds lame to me... Furthermore, it makes me feel like Kro doesnt really know themselves which role to push sorcerer into: support or damage dealer. Leaving him in rather poor state

That's kind of like the whole reason I like playing sorc... in that it can do both.

#10 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

That's kind of like the whole reason I like playing sorc... in that it can do both.

You are missing the point. I also like sorcerer being capable of both dealing damage and being support. Still:
-while wizard/hwiz was about aoe, sage/scholar was about single target bolt dmg & support
-warlock further developed hwiz aoe skills, while sorcerer completely scrapped usage of bolts, giving aoe(with some of them bad and rarely used - killing could, poison burst, varetyr) stupid electric/fire walk, some support skills and summons without AI
The only offensive skill, following theme of scholar is spell fist. Which doesnt even work good with hindsight.
Currently sorcerer is a mashup of summoner/direct damage/aoe/support without being exceptionally good in any of them.
I wish sorcerer was given access better bolts usage, like all elements including holy and dark, mdef pierce, enemy debuff etc instead of those aoe spells we have now. Who needs sorcerer's aoe, when he has ranger with 1M dmg arrow shower in party?
You like sorcerer having half of his skills being useless or what?

#11 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

You are missing the point. I also like sorcerer being capable of both dealing damage and being support. Still:
-while wizard/hwiz was about aoe, sage/scholar was about single target bolt dmg & support
-warlock further developed hwiz aoe skills, while sorcerer completely scrapped usage of bolts, giving aoe(with some of them bad and rarely used - killing could, poison burst, varetyr) stupid electric/fire walk, some support skills and summons without AI
The only offensive skill, following theme of scholar is spell fist. Which doesnt even work good with hindsight.
Currently sorcerer is a mashup of summoner/direct damage/aoe/support without being exceptionally good in any of them.
I wish sorcerer was given access better bolts usage, like all elements including holy and dark, mdef pierce, enemy debuff etc instead of those aoe spells we have now. Who needs sorcerer's aoe, when he has ranger with 1M dmg arrow shower in party?
You like sorcerer having half of his skills being useless or what?

If Sorcerers are sad, warlocks should be killed from the game. Their only purpose i believe is AOE attack, but as you said, who needs warlocks row when a ranger does 1m dmg AS in party?

At least there aren't cards that makes ppl immune to Sorcerer's debuff (well........except gtb....lame card anyway)

Edited by harlokjai, 02 December 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#12 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:43 AM

If Sorcerers are sad, warlocks should be killed from the game. Their only purpose i believe is AOE attack, but as you said, who needs warlocks row when a ranger does 1m dmg AS in party?

At least there aren't cards that makes ppl immune to Sorcerer's debuff (well........except gtb....lame card anyway)

Well...In woe pre-transcend wizard can do job just as good as warlock
Spamming storm gust lvl 1 isnt demanding in terms of eq and level

#13 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

I don't get what you're mad about. If it's the inconsistency of sage -> scholar -> sorc roles, that's because they had to add on third classes while preserving trans second classes' functionality. Considering that, they already did a pretty good job, or at least not a horrible one. At least after the major balance patch, things are pretty balanced.

Sorcs are also currently extremely powerful DPS wise (not burst like arrow storm) due to the GH INT proc shoes and also how the crazy sp drain is not an issue with indulge.

#14 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

I don't get what you're mad about. If it's the inconsistency of sage -> scholar -> sorc roles, that's because they had to add on third classes while preserving trans second classes' functionality. Considering that, they already did a pretty good job, or at least not a horrible one. At least after the major balance patch, things are pretty balanced.

Sorcs are also currently extremely powerful DPS wise (not burst like arrow storm) due to the GH INT proc shoes and also how the crazy sp drain is not an issue with indulge.

Not really mad, just annoyed. Being mad about issue that will never be adressed is a waste of time.
Extremely powerful? Debatable.

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

Give it up Asperatus, even my guildmate who is a prominant Warlock player has stopped complaining about the imbalance between Warlocks and Sorcerers damage-wise, Sorcerers get the better formula's in the end so no use complaining.

Did you know for a piece of trivia when they first released the 3rd class for various testing by a few select players that won a lottery draw to use them on a test server, Sorcerers had a different skill which was very similar to Spellfist in that you cast an elemental bolt, but using this skill it will turn the bolt spell into an AoE centered around the target, which was further affected by double bolt, therefore leading targets to get pelted by 2x lvl 10 bolt spells? This skill was then morphed into Psychic wave near the end process for some unknown reason.

Food for thought.

#16 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

Give it up Asperatus, even my guildmate who is a prominant Warlock player has stopped complaining about the imbalance between Warlocks and Sorcerers damage-wise, Sorcerers get the better formula's in the end so no use complaining.

Did you know for a piece of trivia when they first released the 3rd class for various testing by a few select players that won a lottery draw to use them on a test server, Sorcerers had a different skill which was very similar to Spellfist in that you cast an elemental bolt, but using this skill it will turn the bolt spell into an AoE centered around the target, which was further affected by double bolt, therefore leading targets to get pelted by 2x lvl 10 bolt spells? This skill was then morphed into Psychic wave near the end process for some unknown reason.

Food for thought.

I want that skill.

#17 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

holy cow this sounds awesome.  Utility for MVP and WOE, why would anyone complain about that?

#18 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

holy cow this sounds awesome.  Utility for MVP and WOE, why would anyone complain about that?

Me.
Its just safety wall + pneuma. Nothing priest can't do. And most of sorcerers have SW anyway.

Edited by asperatus, 11 December 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#19 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

You can't do BOTH on the same cell normally. This makes you temporarily immune to all physical damage.

#20 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

quite an OP skill if you ask me.

Plus there is no cooldown like most of the other new skills.

#21 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

There's kind of a cooldown, but its with the spirits.

Its actually a much more interesting "cooldown" this way, imo. With 4 spirits, you can choose to either space out your elemental shields every 15 seconds, so that you always have a shield every 15s. Or if you need some burst defense, you can shield 4 times back to back, every minute.

Its kind of like having multiple charges on the spell, and it gives you a lot of flexibility in how you want to use the spell.

It seems like gravity is trying out new mechanics, like cooldowns (see intense telekinesis, unlimit, the excessively long cd full throttle, etc), but as usual, they're many years late to the party lol. Its nice to finally see them in the game, though.

Edited by Tofu, 11 December 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#22 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:01 AM

This skill will be useful in woe, in pve and mvp, not so much. I don't remember any mvp which requires both pneuma and sw to avoid death.

#23 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

Lots of MVPs use both melee and long range attacks at the same time. Being immune to all physical attacks at least momentarily is pretty good.

#24 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:42 AM

Don't forget, you don't even nned to target individual to put up the sw/pneuma. It's just 1 click of a button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users