Change Autumn Hairband - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Change Autumn Hairband

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

Arrow Storm is overpowered as hell in PvM and really makes the game un-fun in party play, because Rangers steal the show. Half-baked players with +4~7 gears can do 200k damage, while players with +12 gears and, god items, and MVP cards can only be about par to that damage, if not falling way short of it. That's pretty unequal.

Please change the hat to do something with traps like you promised, or at the very least, make it like Performer's broken hat that doesn't work.

#2 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

Well I don't think they can do that, considering  people already over-upgraded their headbands, unless they have some sort of compensation, just straight up changing the headgear with nothing but a maint note will cause quite an outrage. Beside, I don't see any headgear that can replace Vanar/RWH for trappers, as they are melee and need the HP/SP regen to survive, changing the headbands to boost trapper build will just result in them collecting the dust in storage.

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:40 PM

They claimed they would change it when it first came out. That's a poor excuse if you upgraded despite the warning.

It's also an extremely poor justification for how powerful Arrow Storm is and devoid of any effort in countering the notion of how much buffing it doesn't need.

Edited by Jaye, 27 November 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#4 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

They claimed they would change it when it first came out. That's a poor excuse if you upgraded despite the warning.

So the ones who bought the headgears are supposed to leave it at +0, in the storage because the CMs said " we gonna change it soon" ? ( and their "soon" is about as good as "Half-life 3 soon"). If it's something that's still in debate, subject to changing 100% of the effect, then they shouldn't have released it, at all.

I know it's poor justification from kRO, but they released it, people bought it, used it, upgraded it with their $, now if you gonna change it to something that's 100% useless to their build, they won't just sit there and let you do that. Too bad Gravity messed this up big time.

Edited by iDaehyun, 27 November 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

Poor rationale that has already been debunked. My +9 christmas tree hat and such want to say hi to you.

#6 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

Poor rationale that has already been debunked. My +9 christmas tree hat and such want to say hi to you.

Sure, It's because they messed up so many times that pissed off so many customers already, turning a few more away from the game won't hurt right ? 

Edited by iDaehyun, 27 November 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:17 PM

If it makes the game more fun to play, its the right decision. The only argument I've heard from you so far is "We've tasted power, we don't wanna give it up!" make a constructive argument that Arrow Shower needs to be buffed, or that having Ranger be significantly cheaper (something in the order of 100 to 1000 times cheaper) to deal massive AoE damage is somehow a good thing. Those would be actual arguments. Destined to fail, but they wouldn't be based on greed/self-interest.

Edited by Jaye, 27 November 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#8 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

If it makes the game more fun to play, its the right decision. The only argument I've heard from you so far is "We've tasted power, we don't wanna give it up!" make a constructive argument that Arrow Shower needs to be buffed, or that having Ranger be significantly cheaper (something in the order of 100 to 1000 times cheaper) to deal massive AoE damage is somehow a good thing. Those would be actual arguments. Destined to fail, but they wouldn't be based on greed/self-interest.

How does it makes the game more fun to play ? It's been like this even before the headgear comes, back when they still use +9 EMH .And all I see from you is complaints about how your decked out chars cannot out dps some rangers with the headgear, also, please point to me which ranger with +4-+7 gears doing 200k AS dmg without lex, I'd love to see it as well, as my ranger with +9 Autumn headband, +12 BXB,+9 WWM 8% ATK, +9 WWS EA5 can only do 230k at most, with mild wind, on Element 4 small mobs.
Though worry not, once 160 come, rangers that can do 200k+ dmg will prefer to go solo instead, and you won't have to worry about being outdps in party anymore.

Edited by iDaehyun, 27 November 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

facepalm.gif

#10 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

ye%2Bshrug.gif

We just look at it in different ways, that is all, I still love you, do TIs with my Ranger again.

Edited by iDaehyun, 27 November 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#11 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

Make the game more fun to play: allow other classes to have a role in TI parties, besides just follow and leech. No other class besides ranger has a killing role in TI parties. Anything else that tries might get a couple hits in on a couple monsters, but ultimately it doesn't matter. If they had just stood there, the monster they were hitting would have died to the ranger anyway.

Other classes will only have a role if they can do what rangers can do, or if rangers cease to vaporize everything on screen instantly.

#12 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:00 PM

Make the game more fun to play: allow other classes to have a role in TI parties, besides just follow and leech. No other class besides ranger has a killing role in TI parties. Anything else that tries might get a couple hits in on a couple monsters, but ultimately it doesn't matter. If they had just stood there, the monster they were hitting would have died to the ranger anyway.

Other classes will only have a role if they can do what rangers can do, or if rangers cease to vaporize everything on screen instantly.

What I am against here is, making a useful hat, a hat that people paid their money for, become useless. Just imagine, if they make it benefit trapper build, how many of those trappers will actually use them ? When what they need from headgear slot is the HP/SP regen from RWH/Vanargand, as without those 2 hats, they die in a matter of seconds. Beside, what makes Ranger's AS dmg so high is the WW sest, so unless you nerf the WW set or AS skill modifier, which seems like we don't have the right to do so ourselves,I dont see a solution for this.
Or you can always go hard mode in TIs by making no-Ranger-allowed parties.

Edited by iDaehyun, 27 November 2014 - 10:22 PM.

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

from what i remember these hats wernt sold in the kafra shop they were earned in game from a quest... so the "i spent money on this item" argument isnt valid... and it NEEDS to be fixed... ive seen the effects from the new ranger skill coming with the job 60 update... over 150k damage with good gears... you add in the white wing set, a good bow/arrow set, and then tack on the autumn hairband in its current state and youre looking at a SUPER OP skill...

#14 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:16 AM

honestly, as soon as they were implemented the community raised the issue and CMs responded that they would be changing the hat to properly reflect the original intended mechanics. at this point, the hat has been with its current effect for over four months, people have had ample time to milk this baby for all it's worth.

this is not a "surprise we're changing the effect" that the CMs are springing on you. This was in the works from the start; kRO just changed the effects without consulting with iRO. As always, consumers should strive to be as informed as possible.

#15 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

from what i remember these hats wernt sold in the kafra shop they were earned in game from a quest... so the "i spent money on this item" argument isnt valid... and it NEEDS to be fixed... ive seen the effects from the new ranger skill coming with the job 60 update... over 150k damage with good gears... you add in the white wing set, a good bow/arrow set, and then tack on the autumn hairband in its current state and youre looking at a SUPER OP skill...

Yeah because we can still get those hat for free now right ? And we over upgrade them with the elu we got from farming mobs ? And because AS isn't op before the hat comes ? Beside what you gonna change the hat to ? Increase trap damage ? Because sure, maybe a few trappers will pick em up to see what's the max dmg their trap can do for the lul before going back to the good old RWH/Vanar.

#16 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

Change it. Pure and simple! The AS buff was never intended on our side and kRO have given us legroom to evaluate the effects and request changes.

From a balancing perspective the hat is atrocious. I play a Ranger (and I own a +9 headband) and even I think the damn thing is going overboard. With the skill Unlimit incoming, AS will officially be THE most powerful skill in the game when factoring optimal gear. It will be more powerful than a 120 VIT Suicidal Destruction with 1.3x the range. You can use Arrow Storm 93.75 times for each Suicidal Destruction btw. Them cooldowns.

Besides, the hats were created to revitalise uncommon and/or unpopular builds; it was referred to as such by the CMs and the creator, Inubashiri, for 2 years prior to implementation. AS Ranger is a popular build. Trapper is not. Therefore the hat should boost trap skills as originally intended. Those who think otherwise are pretty much flipping off Inu.

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

Gramps needs to be deleted. The whole point of having him was to encourage party play, and we don't have that. We have follow around and leech a  ranger play. Either gramps or some of this arrow shower boosting gear needs to go.

You're talking about having the effect of the autumn band changed being a huge financial loss. What about those of us who upgraded our night sparrow's cap only to find the effect was broken? I've made my peace over the last four months, and you will be able to as well, if your hat eventually doesn't do what you upgraded it to do.

Edited by Jaye, 28 November 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#18 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

They should remove gramps when we get the job exp boosting update.

#19 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:15 AM

somewhere, Fuyukikun cries and mercilessly killing kittens

#20 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

So your hat is broken, and you want ours to be broken as well, to have a taste of what you've went through ? that's the most screwed up logic I've heard, but sure, whatever float your boat, as for "encouraging party play" with the miserable party exp sharing system, couple with the natural spawn rate, that's a myth. Beside, if you are sick of getting "leeched", you can always go hard mode in Tis, make a party that doesn't allow ranger you know ? So your class will have a chance to show case your dmg.

Edited by iDaehyun, 28 November 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#21 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

So you admit you were wrong. That defending it only because you want it for personal gain is a bad argument. I'd appreciate it if you left the thread if all you're going to do is keep repeating your own self admittedly failed argument.

#22 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

To be fair GM said the hat would be changed to what the original proposal was, a trap buff headgear. Most people upgraded knowing this.

#23 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

yeah u're right,in sakray i can do 300k damage without lex,mora gears and using +10BXB ...

Will be easy to get 999k damage without Autumn,using Autumn...hahaha

Btw,they need to fix/change every hat... i Still waiting some News about the sura's hat...

#24 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:17 PM

Gramps needs to be deleted. The whole point of having him was to encourage party play, and we don't have that. We have follow around and leech a  ranger play. Either gramps or some of this arrow shower boosting gear needs to go.

You're talking about having the effect of the autumn band changed being a huge financial loss. What about those of us who upgraded our night sparrow's cap only to find the effect was broken? I've made my peace over the last four months, and you will be able to as well, if your hat eventually doesn't do what you upgraded it to do.

i agree with u... but hey,even without gramps parties will ''follow around and leech a ranger play''

Some classes are really hard to level up without gramps (SN for example) and in normal maps people will just avoid them and invite rangers,so... Whatever.

On my old server that i used to play (bRO) people just make spot parties and stay hours and hours on the same place killing everything,its boring as hell because people ONLY play in 1 MAP and ONLY invite Rangers,RK's,Warlocks,Sorcs,ABs and 1 Maestro.

i cant see difference with or without gramps

#25 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

As a person who plays a ranger that uses AS, I'll admit that even though I love the damage I can do, I can definitely see the argument that it's over powered.  Even my relatively crappy geared Ranger (my +9 Autumn is the only super gear he has) can do 80k dmg on the right mobs with just self buffs and endow using a +7 elven.  But what do you do? nerfing AS will piss off people and buffing everyone else make the game too easy and probably piss someone off.

BTW, +9 Autumns aren't something everyone can get.  Buying on is pretty expensive for a lot of people.  It took me a lot of work to get mine and I think I found it cheap.  And upgrading a clean one isn't overly easy either unless your rich in game or willing to spend a lot of real money.  Also, can you even get them anymore outside of buying off other players?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users