bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

There's one little problem that all us ranged classes face, ammo. Now the problem is not the cost, but the annoyance of having to open hundreds of boxes to the point you just give up and buy cheap npc arrows, than you get tired of going to the npc to buy arrows and you go back to opening those pesky boxes. To some of us, this might be ok. but I, personally, I go through 100-200 boxes on a daily basis. Sometimes I run out of arrows mid war or dungeon or whatever and have to stop everything to open boxes, not very ideal. Now if you go for NPC arrows, you need a lot of free slots in your materials tab, you'de need around 10-20 stacks so you don't have to visit Crune every few hours. Unfortunately, this is one of the downsides of being an ammo user, or is it?  :ph34r:. I'm thinking of Magical versions of the npc Ammo that never finish, you equip them and they'll take you to the worlds end and back and still have enough for another 145632312 trips. Of course the price would be a little steep, 10m-50m, since they're never ending. These would only be available in, Wooden, Fire, Claw and Gilded (Bullets and shells too, just don't know the names and too laz to check) Form so crafted ammo would still be needed if you want better ammo. If you think that's abit too much, having unlimited ammo, then increase the maximum number allowed in 1 stack to 9999, I don't know if that's possible or not but I know for sure, it'll be heaven(Maybe not) for a lot of chars that use ammo. 

My 2 cents on Ammo, for free  :hinthint:

I'm posting this here for maximum feedback, even though it's a proposal thread, not alot of people visit other parts of the forum, and a mod can move it later on if they really feel it doesn't belong here, if that's the case, I'de really appreciate if you'de let it stay here for a few days before you move it :D.

Edited by bl0b, 27 November 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#2 Charas

Charas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:02 PM

This is indeed a very good idea!!!

#3 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

Or if you have premium, clean out one whole page and stick nothing but stacks of arrows in that one page. Then when you run out, you can just open premium storage from anywhere in the world, pull out a stack, and continue on :D

#4 Charas

Charas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:39 AM

Do you ever see Katniss Everdeen run out of arrows?... did you ever see Legolas run out of arrows? god... for bourgeois sake i ll say it! Did you ever see Chuck Norris or Steven Seagal run out of bullets? 1 gun... 10 ammos... 348 shots  5327 dead bodies, that s how it goes!

On a serious note, it does bring nothing to the game to have this old arrow system. Back in the days it made sense because the AP raise from top tier arrows was much more of a boost than what it is right now... but still... it takes places, it costs a lot, it doesn t give u any advantage (apart from letting u use ur char), it make u have to stop DPSing.. to open boxes!... It s just plainly annoying ;p.

#5 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:54 AM

Or if you have premium, clean out one whole page and stick nothing but stacks of arrows in that one page. Then when you run out, you can just open premium storage from anywhere in the world, pull out a stack, and continue on :D

I used to do that, become too much of a chore 

in other words, having 1 magic arrow means you never need another bundle/bushel of arrows of that same type. it never runs out. [kinda like how clerics shoot magic from their wands at a range but don't require MP or Ammo to do it..]

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but yes, that's pretty much what I said, for the npc ammo atleast.

Edited by bl0b, 28 November 2014 - 12:58 AM.

#6 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:03 AM

The better idea would be having 1 box of ammo yield 999 ammo, instead of yielding 100. Of course, the material requirement to craft that box would also be increased. This would be the easiest way to solve the ammo problem.

#7 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:44 AM

A better idea would be that you just don't need to open those boxes! Just having a crate of ammo in your storage let you supply the use. 

#8 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:14 AM

A better idea would be that you just don't need to open those boxes! Just having a crate of ammo in your storage let you supply the use. 

May not be a better or worse idea, but it's definately a good idea.

#9 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

This has been brought up numerous times and I heard it had been taken to Leonis already, wich I hope is true. I'll mention it to make sure it has.

Edited by VModOreo, 28 November 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#10 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

Agree with this as this has been causing some annoyance for me as a cannomn bourg :(

#11 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:01 AM

It's a good thing you brought this up, discuss it further so the devs can see what you all want. I've linked the thread into the Rep section as to make sure the devs wont miss it. I'll (we'll) listen to each and everyone and try the best we can to reach a conclusion/suggestion to bring to the devs :)

Here's what I've gathered; Most I've talked to want unlimited ammo. Be it just bean bullets, cannon shells, wooden arrows it would still be a improvement.

You don't need to buy it, it's just there. Always and forever, every class. You could still put other bullets in the slot, when those run out you would automatically start using the basic again.

Suggestion as to opening boxes: Open multiple at the time, option coming up asking how many would you like to open - just as if you were trading zulie (same pop-up or similiar). With the modification that if you hit 'enter' you automatically answer 1+confirm.

Ability to have more then 999 arrows would not be needed to the same extent with this but I'm not one to complain if it was possible.

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 28 November 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#12 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

Did you ever see Chuck Norris or Steven Seagal run out of bullets? 1 gun... 10 ammos... 348 shots  5327 dead bodies, that s how it goes!

hahaa

#13 GoldenAura

GoldenAura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

Well I might say this is a big concern too. Haha Imagine being in a middle of a war and randomly your character stopped attacking haha Go equip that mspd set and run all around until the war is over lol

#14 Cristal

Cristal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:03 PM

Just bring back the ammo counter that use to have. 

#15 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:50 AM

It's a good thing you brought this up, discuss it further so the devs can see what you all want. I've linked the thread into the Rep section as to make sure the devs wont miss it. I'll (we'll) listen to each and everyone and try the best we can to reach a conclusion/suggestion to bring to the devs :)

Here's what I've gathered; Most I've talked to want unlimited ammo. Be it just bean bullets, cannon shells, wooden arrows it would still be a improvement.

You don't need to buy it, it's just there. Always and forever, every class. You could still put other bullets in the slot, when those run out you would automatically start using the basic again.

Suggestion as to opening boxes: Open multiple at the time, option coming up asking how many would you like to open - just as if you were trading zulie (same pop-up or similiar). With the modification that if you hit 'enter' you automatically answer 1+confirm.

Ability to have more then 999 arrows would not be needed to the same extent with this but I'm not one to complain if it was possible.

Thank you  :happy:.

For the "Ability to have more then 999 arrows", I only suggested that in case people think having unlimited ammo is too extreme. So instead of buying of buying a 999 stack from the npc, you could buy 9999 instead, more ammo, less space. But that is Plan B if plan A's unlimited ammo fails :P 

#16 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

I understand better now.

Where you thinking in the same lines I did, in making the standard bullets unlimited, always there. And thus not reducing the 'value' of putting arrows into the slot for improved damage. But when you run out of the improved bullets you automatically start shooting the standard/basic version.

OR
I somewhat understood your suggestion as if you wanted to be able to put any kind that the npc sells into the slot aka unlimited. Did I understand that right? Wouldn't that render some of the other npc bullets/arrows/shells 'useless'.

#17 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

I don't really see how it would render other ammo types useless, of course the unimited version would cost a lot more, so it would be like paying for a whole lot of ammo at one go instead of buying a few at a time. Example, if 1 arrow/shell/bullet cost 2z, make the unlimited one 10 million times more expensive, so one of those could cost 20m, or more.

#18 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

I guess it is more realistic to run out of arrows since that's what would happen in real life..but we don't also shoot light that could possibly kill you from our wands either.  Just makes sense to have to restock them.  I like the 9999 arrow thing.  That would stop a lot of things.  

#19 Charas

Charas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:15 AM

I read several posts from several different players, about several different topics wich all claim that things should be in a certain just because then it 's more realistic... ROSE is a game, moldie doesn t exist in real life, you cannot buff up in real life, you do not use a flying ship to travel from planet to planet, and most importantly, you cannot respawn.

I think the young generation got a bit too much traumatised by SAO, and they somehow think there should be a relation between a game taking place in a fantasy world, and our all day life. But by definition there is no relation, everything is possible on a game, and as for the "arrows and bullets" topic, most of the mmos in the last 15 years had and still have unlimited arrows ans bullets!!!

The whole arrow and bullets consumable thing is pointless, annoying, have only a negative impact on the gameplay, those are facts. One could say that it make Artisans have something to do... well, most of the time there not more than 1 Arti selling arrows in junon for a full week, so I seriously don't think this would have any big impact on them. Also, the staff could work out unlimited arrows of different rarity, wich could also be drafted by artisan... and requiering A LOT of mats hard to obtain, or expensive.... wich would make top tier "unlimited" arrows worth a few billions.... and give one more oportunity to crafter to make a nice amount of money.

It is never hard to find solutions... 

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

you cannot buff up in real life, 

2hhgnys.jpg

#21 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

Gonna jump in and use a portion of your post :)

The whole arrow and bullets consumable thing is pointless, annoying, have only a negative impact on the gameplay, those are facts. One could say that it make Artisans have something to do...

Yes, and thus I would suggest to only make the absolute basic bullets/arrows/shells as unlimited - always there, every class. All the while maintaining the other versions as consumables that you craft.

@bl0b
I'm not fully on the same course as you eventho I now understand what you mean. But we agree on the fundamental that some kind of bullet/arrow/shell oughta be unlimited ;)

#22 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

I'de be happy with any form of unlimted ammo, whether it'd be only the basics or all npc ammo. I kinda said all because I prefer the fire arrows cuz of the animation, follow a stright path unlike the rest of the npc arrows. 

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:59 AM

There's an advantage to the arc arrows blob, they can't be out-ran. Which is good for you cause it prevents vsync lag [which can cause lagged skill casting]. If/when I play my scout, i always use the highest quality arc's i can find/get, just to prevent that issue. 

#24 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:17 AM

I know Feuer, there was a time I used to play straight line arrows for how they looked, then I switched to arc arrows for the reasons you stated above, and now back to using fire because of how they look. A time comes when you don't really care if something is better or not, or I would be wearing that annoying Akram kingdom set like the rest of the players. 

#25 UziDude

UziDude

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Co. USA

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:57 AM

I kinda like the idea of combining two thoughts here.  Make crates of ammo be 999, and also make it take from the crates automatically, the way it takes stacks of ammo now.  This way you just put 20-30 crates at a time in inventory and go.  That would still last you each day, and keeps all the other effects of ammo still in place, like still needing to consider weight for example.  :D

Edited by UziDude, 30 November 2014 - 07:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users