Changing places at character selection screen - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Changing places at character selection screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arrowga

Arrowga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBerlin - Germany
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Waddles Server!

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:54 AM

Aloha,

I 've been thinking about this for quite a time now and think it could easily be implemented.

I'm talking about being able to change the places each created character is sitting/standing.
For example I'd like my current main to be sitting in the right corner, but since he's my third character created he is standing at the tree, reading a book .. @@

- Arrowga

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hi,

this is nothing to be worried about. Due to the way a database is organized and optimized (mostly automatically), it can happen, that the datasets in a database table will be re-sorted. This is sometimes needed to keep the database as small as possible, clean and fast.

The Dragon Saga client gets these datasets in the order the database provide them, without requiring any special ordering. So sometimes it can happen - for example after a server maintenance - that the datasets have been reordered and the client gets the database entries for the characters in a different order than before.

For changing something of this behavior the development team is needed, they could, for example, let the client request an ordering of the datasets by char creation date or somewhat, but I don't think that this "issue" would have any priority.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 28 November 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#3 Arrowga

Arrowga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBerlin - Germany
  • Server:Waddles Server!

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

It's not ment to be an issue it's more like a question / request thingy 'cause I'd like to see that, but oh well.

#4 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Bump, i woud also like to see this change

Edited by ScrambledCraig, 28 November 2014 - 04:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users