RO Achievements System - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RO Achievements System

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:56 AM

Reposting from iRO Wiki because HOLY CRAP ACHIEVEMENTS. Credits go to Ziu.

Want this. Need this. As soon as they finish it and implement it on their mains, kRO needs to be taken out the back and hit with a phonebook until they give it to us. This will provide untold replay value to the game and they should have made something like this years ago. It also serves as a functional tutorial to basic game mechanics.

Summary:

• The challenge achievements are divided into General, Battle, Instance, Adventure, Quest and "Feat".
  • For each achievement you complete, a number of points are given to you, which increases your rank.
  • Completing achievements will also provide more tangible rewards, the extent of which depends on the achievement. Buffs, potion boxes, etc. are obtainable from the successful completion of an achievement.
  • Items obtained in this way are not added directly into your inventory but instead sent to you via RODEX (a new mail system).
  • A list of currently obtainable achievements on Sakray (subject to change, being a WIP system and all) are here. Credits go to mrdiablo. I rehosted it since I don't think mrdiablo would like me giving out his link.

WHO ELSE IS EXCITED!?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 28 November 2014 - 05:06 AM.

#2 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:01 AM

OMG, yes this would be epic, we need this so bad.

Lets Kidnap some of the kRO developers, and hold them for ransom :)

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:08 AM

achievements are great and all but having achievement points used essentially as currency is a little iffy imo. only the toughest of achievements (requires group play) or completing a large set of achievements should reward actual items.

i would think people would still do achievements just for the sake of doing them. other MMOs have leaderboards and such that people can check so it can still be made into a competition.

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:08 AM

i just want to farm those free slims by doing simple silly things

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

RO2's Khara System has made it to RO, I see. Hope WarpPortal doesn't pull the same stunt and change an achievement to require Kafra Shop purchases.

#6 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

• A list of currently obtainable achievements on Sakray (subject to change, being a WIP system and all) are here.

The second tab on that spreadsheet is called "Achievements_Eng", but all I see on it is Korean.

But yes, I am excited!

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

achievements are great and all but having achievement points used essentially as currency is a little iffy imo. only the toughest of achievements (requires group play) or completing a large set of achievements should reward actual items.

i would think people would still do achievements just for the sake of doing them. other MMOs have leaderboards and such that people can check so it can still be made into a competition.

All achievement systems use points and rankings. Playstation Trophies, XBox Achievements, Steam Achievements, etc. I personally believe that manifest rewards are a fantastic idea, especially since none of the items are particularly OP (in fact nothing I've seen so far is OP or even objectively "good") and newbies will have a much easier time getting into the game. Unnamed, unranked slims would be AMAZING for new players just starting out.

Also have to keep in mind that we don't know whether achievements will be character or account bound. Since the system is very much in beta it's subject to change as well.

At least we're not Dragon Saga, where achievements give you titles that buff your stats to a very high degree, such as:

ATK Speed +15.0%

Movement Speed +15.0%
Strength +7
Intelligence +7
Health +7
Agility +7

for something you can seriously get 2 hours into the game if you're persistent enough, or:

Evade Rate +8.0%
Aim Rate +8.0%
HP Recovery +15.0%

for not dying prior to your first class change! Or hell:

Def +6.0%
Mdef +6.0%
Chances to reflect 100% of physical attack damage +0.6%

just for equipping Legend-tier gear in all your slots. And yes those titles are all as OP as they look.

RO2's Khara System has made it to RO, I see. Hope WarpPortal doesn't pull the same stunt and change an achievement to require Kafra Shop purchases.

You know they will :P

The second tab on that spreadsheet is called "Achievements_Eng", but all I see on it is Korean.

But yes, I am excited!

Those two "_Eng" tabs were created in expectation of a translator going to work on it. mrdiablo wasn't going to translate it and I don't know Korean. If this was a jRO thing on the other hand~

#8 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

getting points for achievements and using the same points to purchase items are different things, which is what i understand the RO version to be.

#9 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

Looks interesting, too bad considering how far behind we are, it will probably be years before we get it.

#10 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:30 PM

I am gonna let char have dibs on this, but if he doesn't want it, I'll get on it.
The first sets are discovering 3-4 "treasures" in the fields north, west, east(3 treasures ea), and south(4 treasures) of Prontera. Then the basically same things for Geffen, Sograt Desert, Payon fields, Near Payon Caves, Mjolnir, Southern Al De Baran, and Comodo.

From ID 200000s, they are experience based achievements like earning lvl99/150/175 Aura, maxing job levels, becoming each one of 1st class, 2nd class, and 3rd classes and expands (but regular 3rds and rebirthed 3rds have different achievements).

From 20017 and on are build based achievements like having 90 or 125 points of each base stats.

Then they have ones for role playing such as achieving 99with Permanent Novice(hehe)/Permanent 1st Class, and making a high novice, creating a chat room/creating a chat room as a dead character, filling a 20-people chat room, registering someone as your friend, getting 10 friends, forming a party, having a marriage, and adopting a child.

From 220009 and on are economy based like spending over 10k/1m/5m/100m/500m z, upgrading level1/2/3/4 weapons to +7 and +12, having to fail an upgrade attempt, picking up a loot that are NPC Sell Price worth over 100/1000/5000/10000/50000/100000/1500000 z, then having each of 10kz/100kz/1m/10m/100m/1b on your character.

From 230100 and on are tames. I'm not gonna list them all, but there seems to be a few that gives multiple cheevos at once, and they have quests incorporated into some of the taming monsters.

Finally, there are some for killing very specific monsters like poring, marin, ghostring, and magmaring which seems to go along with some quests as well. Obviously these are the quests iRO doesn't have yet.

Then from 240000 are padding out achievements i.e. 'became level 1-20 achievement hunter', aka achievement for getting other achievements.
That is basically it. Reserving more details for my Pagans guildies.

#11 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

I am gonna let char have dibs on this, but if he doesn't want it, I'll get on it.
The first sets are discovering 3-4 "treasures" in the fields north, west, east(3 treasures ea), and south(4 treasures) of Prontera. Then the basically same things for Geffen, Sograt Desert, Payon fields, Near Payon Caves, Mjolnir, Southern Al De Baran, and Comodo.

From ID 200000s, they are experience based achievements like earning lvl99/150/175 Aura, maxing job levels, becoming each one of 1st class, 2nd class, and 3rd classes and expands (but regular 3rds and rebirthed 3rds have different achievements).

From 20017 and on are build based achievements like having 90 or 125 points of each base stats.

Then they have ones for role playing such as achieving 99with Permanent Novice(hehe)/Permanent 1st Class, and making a high novice, creating a chat room/creating a chat room as a dead character, filling a 20-people chat room, registering someone as your friend, getting 10 friends, forming a party, having a marriage, and adopting a child.

From 220009 and on are economy based like spending over 10k/1m/5m/100m/500m z, upgrading level1/2/3/4 weapons to +7 and +12, having to fail an upgrade attempt, picking up a loot that are NPC Sell Price worth over 100/1000/5000/10000/50000/100000/1500000 z, then having each of 10kz/100kz/1m/10m/100m/1b on your character.

From 230100 and on are tames. I'm not gonna list them all, but there seems to be a few that gives multiple cheevos at once, and they have quests incorporated into some of the taming monsters.

Finally, there are some for killing very specific monsters like poring, marin, ghostring, and magmaring which seems to go along with some quests as well. Obviously these are the quests iRO doesn't have yet.

Then from 240000 are padding out achievements i.e. 'became level 1-20 achievement hunter', aka achievement for getting other achievements.

Thank you very much seaechiowai! You're a lifesaver XD

They sound very comprehensive, and it's nice to see that no placeholders for KP Shop spending exist yet, though I can see getting refinement ones being nigh impossible without KP Ores. And 99 1st Classes!? Finally my 99 Permathief gets some recognition~

Oh btw I used to be in Pagans. Can I get some of that tasty info?  :p_love:

#12 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

Sure, it'll go up in the guild messageboard later when I feel like working on it. You can also post questions here or pm me or other nice korean dudes for very specific lines of translations.

With that said, I am personally a bit disappointed. It shouldn't be a surprise at this point, but like every other great idea they come up with, it doesn't seem like it's executed as well as it could have been. I don't like how they pretend only Rune-Midgarts exists and deny any cheevos based on the other regions.

#13 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

Sure, it'll go up in the guild messageboard later when I feel like working on it. You can also post questions here or pm me or other nice korean dudes for very specific lines of translations.

With that said, I am personally a bit disappointed. It shouldn't be a surprise at this point, but like every other great idea they come up with, it doesn't seem like it's executed as well as it could have been. I don't like how they pretend only Rune-Midgarts exists and deny any cheevos based on the other regions.

Perhaps those regions aren't so popular on kRO? There have been no Nightmare Dungeons for New World content to my knowledge, for example, except for Scarabs. Scarabs was implemented AGES ago and nothing has really been done with the area since.

Or perhaps the achievements aren't yet finalised. Should probably give them the benefit of the doubt on this one XD

Is it possible to voice one's opinion direct to kRO btw? Do they have a forum similar to ours and a place to write up feedback?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 28 November 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#14 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

People frequently party in the nogg and Thors to this day in kro from what I read in ro.inven.kr. Some even party in the bradium golems.
The main sites that I know of are at ro.inven.kr and the official gravity home page. There might be a few more. I do hope the list isn't final, or at least (nudge nudge) customized to have more obscure monsters and locations in iRO.

#15 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

They have a bbs it's sad to use =(. Achievements are always a fun thing though even if meaningless.

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

new task:

spend $1, $10, $100, $1000 and $10000 on KP items.

#17 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:33 PM

new task:

spend $1, $10, $100, $1000 and $10000 on KP items.

There is no such achievement.

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:23 AM

Wow, some of those sound like stuff from my old Achievements thread. It's kinda disturbing.

#19 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:45 AM

Wow, some of those sound like stuff from my old Achievements thread. It's kinda disturbing.

Oda has stated that he compiles community-driven content threads like those and sends them off for review. Who knows! They may have pilfered one or two things :P

#20 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:05 AM

https://docs.google....1#gid=244764911
by mrdiablo

#21 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:26 AM

I left RO2 for a reason, they better not fudge up RO1 with RO2 crap, or to my dismay, I'll be giving one final farewell to RO.

#22 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:29 AM

That exact document is already linked in the OP  :blowkiss:

#23 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:35 AM

lol, sorry. didnt paid much attention

#24 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

Oda has stated that he compiles community-driven content threads like those and sends them off for review. Who knows! They may have pilfered one or two things :P

It's just really weird they're actually listening to the community for game feature suggestions. 8U

I left RO2 for a reason, they better not fudge up RO1 with RO2 crap, or to my dismay, I'll be giving one final farewell to RO.

In before Phantom Pyramid and refine announcements every second!

#25 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

It's just really weird they're actually listening to the community for game feature suggestions. 8U

In before Phantom Pyramid and refine announcements every second!

yea they listen sometimes or even wait till years to pop in a idea. like for example the fishing quest. Sadly it wasnt taken well and was taken away. wish they stayed to the suggestions i spoke with them about instead of changing it so much. well one can only hope they will learn

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 29 November 2014 - 01:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users