Best Class to Start With - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best Class to Start With

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#1 gabrixd

gabrixd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:49 AM

Hi guys like the title of the topic, I'm new to ragnarok online, but I want to play it because I always wanted but didn't had the time to actually invest in it, so now I'm coming for it and wanted to know which class you guys would say its the easiest to start, I'm not a hasty person I can do it slow and just levelup with time, but I don't want to struggle much on terms of killing monsters and getting some money.

I've already saw that rogues are a very good class to start of with, but the build (ganker) isn't viable late-game anymore, so I don't plan on making it since it will be useless on long time and I really want to play something that is useful because I get really into the characters that I make.

See ya, and thanks :)

#2 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

Hmm...from what I've seen/heard, Thief or Archer are the best classes to get a start on.

Both are AGI builds, focusing on DPS by ASPD and ATK. Thieves rely on STR and Archers rely on DEX. Depending on the build, the other stats vary.

Thief Classes

Thieves have the option of becoming Rouges as you said, and those guys can make quick zeny upon start. Also, they don't rely on SP that much, and the high AGI builds save you on pots. Hiding, Double Attack, Backslide, Steal, all great skills for easy PvM. Only problem though, is that once reached 3rd Class, it's a bit pricey to get them going, specially Assassins.

If you go to the Assassin build though, you have the option of going Crit, which can save you one DEX points. It's a bit harder though, getting good katars and all.

Archer Classes

Archers on the other hand, are a bit safer, though they rely on arrows. Arrow Shower is a great AoE and will make your life easier. The range of their attacks makes them safer in PvM and since DEX is their ATK stat, you raise both damage and hit with it. They're a bit more fragile and require SP investment, since they use active skills more.

Other great thing about archers is that if you become Ranger, is easily one the best PvM classes with no significant rise on the cost of gear. You can also choose the Ministrel/Wanderer branch if you want to have a bit of support going.

Runner-ups

Other options include Acolyte->Monk and Swordsman->Anything. Both are also ASPD classes with added bonuses. Monks can buff, great single-taget DPS and can tank. They lack AoE's though, and that can get tedious if you're not patient. Swordsmen are tankier and can take more hits, while still maintaining good DPS and are by far the best pullers in TI (if you don't know what that is, check this link http://irowiki.org/w..._Turn-In_Events)

-If you can find people to help you out, other options become viable, like Support Priest.

Merchant Classes

Merchant classes are good options, but they will get tedious without AoE's, specially at higher levels, while lacking the buff option from Monks. BUT, they can potentially give you the biggest bucks by selling. Some people recommend making a Merchant just to sell and return to it once you get some money. I can agree, as selling will be needed to sell the big stuff you may encounter.

Blacksmiths have incredible DPS as they have buffs to increase their damage better than other starting classes. This comes with the disadvantage of higher SP needs. They do need DEX in order to hit stuff and their only AoE is Cart Revolution, which demands a full cart to deal heavy damage. Also, Mammonite is a GREAT damaging skill, but it costs Zeny XD So yeah. They do get Greed without the need of HBP and it's a real Godsend in some maps. Also, forging weapons can help you make zenny.

Alchemists get a homunculus, which is a fun little pet, BUT, it's a tad expensive to maintain and level. Before Transcending, they really struggle, as they don't have access to the Blacksmith buffs, so their DPS isn't as good. They can still sell and Cart Revo, but their skills are just not that useful in PvM. Once the transcend though, it's a whole other story. Biochemists get the all powerful Acid Bomb, and once that thing is at Level 10, you can start getting nuts. I say this, because it's expected that when you transcend, you WILL have some money saved up for gears and Bomb ammo. MVP'ing is what they do best and if you can find a tanker friend, all the better. Leveling will become easier, more enjoyable, more extreme and more rewarding.

Recap

If the leveling pace isn't a problem, I would recommend making either a Thief or an Archer. It all comes down to your personal tastes. I DO recommend, however, making a Merchant and learning Vend Level 10 alongside the class you chose. It will help you make zeny while away or sleeping :P Once you make money with your main class, return to the merchant and have it become whatever you like. Some people would say Alchemist because of its end game value and I've been told that everyone playing needs to have a Geneticist. BUT, that's another story. XD

Really, Bouty Boards, Eden and TI's make leveling and making zeny really easy, so you can almost enjoy any class. Also, you're most likely to find someone to help along the road.

Use the Wiki to find any info you need about the game. Good luck and have fun! :)

#3 gabrixd

gabrixd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

Well thanks for the very informative post, I really wanted to see something like that

I don't know now, there's so many options, and even though I'm not new to the game (I read a lot) I'm really lost on where to start, but maybe I'll just start with an merchant that will sell my things.

Maybe after that I'll start with a ranger or something like that.

Also is there anything like party leveling in this server? I know that some other servers this is more common but I don't know if this works in here? And how is the leveling experience? Much slow? 

Thanks for the info :)

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

my tip make 2 accounts... make a archer on one account and a merchant on the 2nd account... level your archer and use your merchant to sell items while you level... this way you can sell while you actively play... even if you dont play archer always make a 2nd account for a merchant... archer or thief or swordie are the top 3 choices id say for newbies...

#5 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

Your absolutely fine to make Rogue as a starting class because from Rogue through to Transcendance to Stalker making use of Gank can really help you build up some revenue at the beginning.

Before going to the 3rd class ShadowChaser until you reach over base lvl 99 there is an NPC called a 'Hypnotist' that will reset your job skill points for free without any limits so you can always Gank till max lvl 99 then reset skills to get the appropriate skills for 3rd classing to ShadowChaser.

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

Overall I'd recommend Genetic, Ranger, Royal Guard, Rune Knight, and maybe Sorcerer for your first character.

Rogues / Shadow Chasers aren't very PVM oriented classes. Actually they are probably the most PVP / WoE and least PVM oriented class in the game.

#7 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

Overall I'd recommend Genetic, Ranger, Royal Guard, Rune Knight, and maybe Sorcerer for your first character.

Rogues / Shadow Chasers aren't very PVM oriented classes. Actually they are probably the most PVP / WoE and least PVM oriented class in the game.

No RK(It's the most gear expensive job in the game, and to make matters worse, they are also the biggest potion addicts as well), and no Genetic(we want new comers to actually learn how to play the game, tyvm)

Lol tell that to my Stalker/SC. Also btw when I WOE with him, I don't use Divest(don't even have it learned), he owns both PvM, WOE, and even MVPs(and no, I don't have a GTB Shield, 2x mags or anything of the sort)

To OP: I strongly suggest Rogue, potions last longer, since you don't need them as often, gear in general is very cheap(there's expensive gear, but there is really cheap alternatives to every type of gear for every situation, to hold you over until you can afford the high stuff, they make zenny like crazy, and they lv fast.

Edited by Zoltor, 01 December 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#8 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

Shadowchasers have the advantage even if your not going bow build, either shadowspell duple light for more damage per target or shadospell storm gust to bounce away other targets from the one your attacking, simple really.

Edited by Marty5337, 01 December 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#9 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

No RK(It's the most gear expensive job in the game, and to make matters worse, they are also the biggest potion addicts as well), and no Genetic(we want new comers to actually learn how to play the game, tyvm)

Lol tell that to my Stalker/SC. Also btw when I WOE with him, I don't use Divest(don't even have it learned), he owns both PvM, WOE, and even MVPs(and no, I don't have a GTB Shield, 2x mags or anything of the sort)

To OP: I strongly suggest Rogue, potions last longer, since you don't need them as often, gear in general is very cheap(there's expensive gear, but there is really cheap alternatives to every type of gear for every situation, to hold you over until you can afford the high stuff, they make zenny like crazy, and they lv fast.

RK and Generic is fine as beginner's character. RK is a bit hard but Gene is easy, and don't need crazy gear to do damage with CC. Don't expect new player to go into MVPing because thats where gene gets all the hate. 

SC in the other hand, have to rely on AS, or Pwave and so on, so basically you are playing underrated version of actual class you're borrowing skills from. And is actually quite hard to learn and learning curve is very stiff. 

#10 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

RK and Generic is fine as beginner's character. RK is a bit hard but Gene is easy, and don't need crazy gear to do damage with CC. Don't expect new player to go into MVPing because thats where gene gets all the hate. 

SC in the other hand, have to rely on AS, or Pwave and so on, so basically you are playing underrated version of actual class you're borrowing skills from. And is actually quite hard to learn and learning curve is very stiff. 

Yea Gens are easy, It's a god damn bot, the player doesn't even need to be at the PC lol. They're called AFKmists for a reason. We don't want new comers to even know that BS even exists, nevermind use it.

Not necessarily, that's only if you go Bow or cast build, It's a completely different story, if you're going dagger though.

While It's hard to master a Rogue/SC, It's by no means hard to learn, and do decent. Most of what you need to learn, is how to position enemies, to end up being towards your advantage. It's fairly fast to learn, and pickup on other such things, because it comes natural while trying to avoid death(infact It's a downright reflex). knowing your enemy, and thy self is the basics of strategy.

Once you get that down, you really don't even need Intimidate, Reproduce, and other such skills to kick but(as long as you keep your eyes on your surroundings, and allocate your stats properly, you can pretty much just ctrl click to your hearts content) all the other skills you can copy does, is "assist" you in doing the norm, just a tad bit faster, It's definitely not "needed" .

It's comparable to Alcos in a way, just like they have to learn when to cast what spell, and judge the timing of such, a Rogue/SC needs to learn when to move, how to maneuver, and to judge how many anemies they can take on at once, by calcing how much FLEE they need.

Edited by Zoltor, 01 December 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#11 Riemn

Riemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

Yea Gens are easy, It's a god damn bot, the player doesn't even need to be at the PC lol. They're called AFKmists for a reason. We don't want new comers to even know that BS even exists, nevermind use it.

Not necessarily, that's only if you go Bow or cast build, It's a completely different story, if you're going dagger though.

While It's hard to master a Rogue/SC, It's by no means hard to learn, and do decent. Most of what you need to learn, is how to position enemies, to end up being towards your advantage. It's fairly fast to learn, and pickup on other such things, because it comes natural while trying to avoid death(infact It's a downright reflex). knowing your enemy, and thy self is the basics of strategy.

Once you get that down, you really don't even need Intimidate, Reproduce, and other such skills to kick but(as long as you keep your eyes on your surroundings, and allocate your stats properly, you can pretty much just ctrl click to your hearts content) all the other skills you can copy does, is "assist" you in doing the norm, just a tad bit faster, It's definitely not "needed" .

Can you post a short video showing you doing that? It looks pretty cool to watch.

#12 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

It's comparable to Alcos in a way, just like they have to learn when to cast what spell, and judge the timing of such, a Rogue/SC needs to learn when to move, how to maneuver, and to judge how many anemies they can take on at once, by calcing how much FLEE they need.

AFKmist is fine. Player can make their own choice. Although, i wasn't really referring to AFKmist when i said Gene is good for starter. 

Also, About moving your character, same thing can be said to any other character. Positioning for BB is very important, Moving CC is also important for Gene. Arrow showering while using SR is important too. Thats not what i was talking about when i said stiff learning curve. Understanding how Intimidate works, and other skill such as manhole, and divest and so on is what i was referring to. If you were talking about Backsliding, you won't do any kind of killing or fleeing if you mob 11 monster + unless you're using AoE skill that can kill them fast. Even Autocast aspd Dagger cant deal more than 6 enemies at once(well geared). So doing that only grief new player than learning how to play. On that regard, AB is probably best character to learn and observe what people do, and taking role in party play and so on.

And also, Intimidate and Reproduce increases your efficiency significantly. not just a tad bit.  

#13 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

Can you post a short video showing you doing that? It looks pretty cool to watch.

I wish your could see my lv 99 Rogue before I transed, even after renewal hit, I was still able to fight/farm Raydrics in Chiv 2(without Intimade mind you. I didn't even have that learned, since without preserve, It's useless on most maps, including chiv 2), that's how skilled I am, and how badass his stat build is(and no, I don't have god items, MVP cards or even the best non God item/MVP cards equips).

I'm in Magma atm working to get back upto the comparable power level I was on pre-renewal(I could take on 15+ Raydrics, solo MVPs, solo "Bloody Knight": with ease, and would fight him every time he spawned. I once fought him, and beat him 6 times in a single run, while also fighting a metric to of Raydrics while I wait for him to respawn, before running out of the 200 whites I brought with me.

Yes, those measly 200 whites lasted me 3 hours, and that was when I chose to hunt Bloody, like It's my job

atm I'm in Magma doing pretty damn well(by pretty well, pretty much everything dies in 1-2 seconds with a +4 Ice Pick that "Isn't" endowed), on my way to 3rd job. Once I hit lv 99/70 Stalker, I should be equal/comparable in power, to what my 99 non-trans Rogue was pre-renewal(3rd job is just a bonus for me), I'll be happy to show you then

I'm about to turn lv 95 now, so It's mostly job lv bonuses I need now+a few specific high end gear(cough "Rogue's Treasure" cough, and any one of 3 garments to replace the basic Mocking)

What I don't get, is how could you not know, rogue could easily kill things by ctrl clicking.

I'm not gonna disclose my MVP stat build, but I'll tell you the key to being a successful Rogue, aside from maneuvering ofcourse.

#1: Have the right weapon/supporting gear for the job/area you're gonna be fighting.

and

#2: You can "never" have enough FLEE(we're not brokenly OPed sins afterall), if you can hit a monster 100% of the time or close enough, give your char all the flee you can, that doesn't force you to sacrifice any resistance gear you feel, "you need" for X monster. Nomatter how much FLEE a Rogue route char has, more is better

Edit: To your post right before this. Yes to learn all the ins, and outs of the available skills, it takes time, however you can be effective without such skills. The skills just makes a already great char, even better, in short such just adds more weapons to your arsenal so to speak.

What you were saying however, is that Rogues must rely on such, like a crutch basically, to be effective, which is not true at all, and is what I'm depating. A new player can easily learn at their own pace(and they will), because they don't "need" the skills to lv or effectly hunt things in general.

Hell in WOE, I only ever used 2 skils, Stalk, and Backstab(Backstab, is just to take down high lv LKs with my little 99 non trans rogue, while Stalk allows you to get by precast with np, and to avoid bringing attention to yourself), no Divest or anything, I was a killer, and a emp breaker.

Edited by Zoltor, 01 December 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#14 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

I wish your could see my lv 99 Rogue before I transed, even after renewal hit, I was still able to fight/farm Raydrics in Chiv 2(without Intimade mind you. I didn't even have that learned, since without preserve, It's useless on most maps, including chiv 2), that's how skilled I am, and how badass his stat build is(and no, I don't have god items, MVP cards or even the best non God item/MVP cards equips).

I'm in Magma atm working to get back upto the comparable power level I was on pre-renewal(I could take on 15+ Raydrics, solo MVPs, solo "Bloody Knight": with ease, and would fight him every time he spawned. I once fought him, and beat him 6 times in a single run, while also fighting a metric to of Raydrics while I wait for him to respawn, before running out of the 200 whites I brought with me.

Yes, those measly 200 whites lasted me 3 hours, and that was when I chose to hunt Bloody, like It's my job

atm I'm in Magma doing pretty damn well(by pretty well, pretty much everything dies in 1-2 seconds with a +4 Ice Pick that "Isn't" endowed), on my way to 3rd job. Once I hit lv 99/70 Stalker, I should be equal/comparable in power, to what my 99 non-trans Rogue was pre-renewal(3rd job is just a bonus for me), I'll be happy to show you then

I'm about to turn lv 95 now, so It's mostly job lv bonuses I need now+a few specific high end gear(cough "Rogue's Treasure" cough, and any one of 3 garments to replace the basic Mocking)

What I don't get, is how could you not know, rogue could easily kill things by ctrl clicking.

I'm not gonna disclose my MVP stat build, but I'll tell you the key to being a successful Rogue, aside from maneuvering ofcourse.

#1: Have the right weapon/supporting gear for the job/area you're gonna be fighting.

and

#2: You can "never" have enough FLEE(we're not brokenly OPed sins afterall), if you can hit a monster 100% of the time or close enough, give your char all the flee you can, that doesn't force you to sacrifice any resistance gear you feel, "you need" for X monster. Nomatter how much FLEE a Rogue route char has, more is better

I feel like you're looking down on me but i hope its not. I'm not talking on Pre-renewal. So whatever you said about pre renewal thing doesn't matter because SC can't do that nowadays. I've soloed countless mvps on pre renwal and but i'm not going to bring those into table because they're absolutely means nothing on renewal. I'm not going to brag about personal skill set either because i'm suggesting good character to new player. Not to pro or experienced player. 

+, I now see you're new to pre renewal, and i could comfortably say that SC isn't optimal to MVP anymore due to nerf on flee. I know rogue can kill things with ctrl+clicking. But once you reach 110+, you will find yourself trying to optimize Reproduce. 

#1 is just too silly and i feel offended so not going to answer on that. 

for #2, 100 + SkillBonus + [BaseLv + AGI + LUK ÷ 5 + ItemBonus] × {1 - [(Mobs − 2) × 0.1]} this is current formula on Flee. And i will quote flee penalty from wiki.

"Being attacked by more than two monsters decreases Flee by 10% per every additional monster. This reduction is counted before adding Flee from Skills that directly add Flee (ie. Thief's Improve Dodge). This means that if a character is attacked by 4 monsters and his/her Flee is 250, his/her Actual Flee would be 200 assuming that there is no Flee from any skills directly. This also means that if the character is attacked by more than 11 monsters at the same time, they will always land every hit regardless of the character's Flee."

that being said, no matter how much actual flee you have, if you have more than 4 you will start to get hit a lot. thats where P dodge comes in. And even in this realm, SC outclassed by GX and Ranger for p dodge. GX can use dual fortune sword for p dodge boost, and Valk Mant for Ranger always comes in handy. 

Even on your edit, Idk why you kept using Pre Renewal information because if you want, go WoE guild, try to use just ctrl click and such to survive on WoE with SC. When i say Rogue should optimize AS or whatever, I'm refering to intimidate and reproduce, which is their very own skill. if you saying screw that and just go pure ctrl+click without such skill, you're saying non of rogue skill is needed but you can kill stuff easily with just opting stat, ctrl click without any skill set(double attack and such) Thats not the case right? Please do look over how monster def and regular attack calculates, and how much damage will you be doing on anything above monster level 120+. 

Edited by CharAznable, 01 December 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#15 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Um, who said SC was optimal for taking on MVPs(lol My Rogue is the only one who could do so efficiently anyway), I just said they can "solo" MVPs, take on mobs, make things that would have most other jobs running for cover, look easy, ect.

It's a Numbers game, combined with using the right equipment, and knowing how much you can handle.

At no point did I ever say, a SC could handle "everything" in the game, without the use of skills, who said you even had to go to ET, BT, Solo Ifrit, ect You clearly misunderstood.

Yo, I know how FLEE works. That is a load of BS, that people started spouting after the Commodo expansion made every hybrid knight useless.

You "are" 100% wrong, you can take on more then 4 enemies without getting hit much at all, nevermind the many hits, you want to claim.
 It's a numbers game, all you need is the FLEE to cover the additional monsters.

Edited by Zoltor, 01 December 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#16 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

Um, who said SC was optimal for taking on MVPs(lol My Rogue is the only one who could do so efficiently anyway), I just said they can "solo" MVPs, take on mobs, make things that would have most other jobs running for cover, look easy, ect.

It's a Numbers game, combined with using the right equipment, and knowing how much you can handle.

At no point did I ever say, a SC could handle "everything" in the game, without the use of skills, who said you even had to go to ET, BT, Solo Ifrit, ect You clearly misunderstood.

Yo, I know how FLEE works. That is a load of BS, that people started spouting after the Commodo expansion made every hybrid knight useless.

You "are" 100% wrong, you can take on more then 4 enemies without getting hit much at all, nevermind the many hits, you want to claim.

Show me a video you fleeing(not moving) 10 monster without getting hit. You have to stay still. That is how flee work without moving(even with moving, as soon as you get a contact with 4+ more monster your flee will get penalty by 40%) . You're keep bringing information from pre renewal which is useless now(meaning you're spreading information that isn't present(WoE and so on)). So i was pointing out on that. If you're using dagger, you're destine to get hit when you're tanking 4+ monster(even you said you cant have 100% Flee rate. every monster after 1 decrease 10% of your actual flee). I never said anything about "everything." what i said was "Shadow Chaser isn't "Optimal" for MVPing anymore unlike pre-renewal." its probably weakest class to mvp nowadays. 

Please provide me evidence that i'm wrong in terms of how flee stat works. I'm going to close my case here because i'm going off topic. If you have any concern or have things to say after this, PM me what you have to say. 

Edited by CharAznable, 01 December 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#17 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

Show me a video you fleeing(not moving) 10 monster without getting hit. You have to stay still. That is how flee work without moving. You're keep bringing information from pre renewal which is useless now(meaning you're spreading information that isn't present(WoE and so on)). So i was pointing out on that. If you're using dagger, you're destine to get hit when you're tanking 4+ monster(even you said you cant have 100% Flee rate. every monster after 1 decrease 10% of your actual flee). I never said anything about "everything." what i said was "Shadow Chaser isn't "Optimal" for MVPing anymore unlike pre-renewal." its probably weakest class to mvp nowadays. 

Please provide me evidence that i'm wrong in terms of how flee stat works. I'm going to close my case here because i'm going off topic. If you have any concern or have things to say after this, PM me what you have to say. 

(serves me right, trying to teach people how to use a damn Rogue, I knew this would happen too, because 99.9% of even the vets, are utterly clueless) Yes I know, and I a sure you, I'm not doing any moving, when I am done pulling the mob into a corner(so no uninvited guests show up), and start hacking away with my knife/double attacking sword, until none are left standing.

I swear, ever since that Commodo patch, people just wrote off FLEE utterly useless, while taking on more then 3 monsters.

Well it Isn't, you just need more FLEE, you can't get by, just having enough FLEE, for 95% FLEE.  You can never go wrong with having more FLEE then whatever you have(as a Rogue-SC anyway).

I'm really glad you people underrate FLEE so much, It's what makes one of the best god items, the only affordable god item, cheers :)

Edited by Zoltor, 01 December 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#18 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

(serves me right, trying to teach people how to use a damn Rogue, I knew this would happen too, because 99.9% of even the vets, are utterly clueless) Yes I know, and I a sure you, I'm not doing any moving, when I am done pulling the mob into a corner, and start hacking away with my knife/double attacking sword, until none are left standing.

Do provide me a video with you facetanking 10+ mobs in the corner, fleeing all their hit except magic. 

#19 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

Do provide me a video with you facetanking 10+ mobs in the corner, fleeing all their hit except magic. 

I said I will, once I get back to a comparable lv. You do know, that max FLEE is 95%, don't you, in a mob that big, the odds are pretty high, that 1 monster will succeed in hitting you.

It really confuses me, that you dare talk about Rogues/SCs, yet you never mobbed with one? Or is it you mobbed, but your puny FLEE(because you don't trust FLEE to work, so you have very little of it), was just that, so naturally you got owned..

Also I never said I got 95% FLEE with 10+ monsters(I said I could easily take 10+ monsters down without skill spamming, and infact didn't even take many pots at all either), the most I took on, which I'm pretty sure was still at MAX FLEE, is 8. downing a potion every once in a while, is not a crime you know lmao.

Edited by Zoltor, 01 December 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#20 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:08 PM

I said I will, once I get back to a comparable lv. You do know, that max FLEE is 95%, don't you, in a mob that big, the odds are pretty high, that 1 monster will succeed in hitting you.

It really confuses me, that you dare talk about Rogues/SCs, yet you never mobbed with one? Or is it you mobbed, but your puny FLEE(because you don't trust FLEE to work, so you have very little of it), was just that, so naturally you got owned..

Also I never said I got 95% FLEE with 10+ monsters(I said I could easily take 10+ monsters down without skill spamming, and infact didn't even take many pots at all either), the most I took on, which I'm pretty sure was still at MAX FLEE, is 8. downing a potion every once in a while, is not a crime you know lmao.

i will give you an example. if you want to get 90% flee against 8 Uni Horn Scaraba, you need, 

100 + SkillBonus + [BaseLv + AGI + LUK ÷ 5 + ItemBonus] × {1 - [(Mobs − 2) × 0.1]} = 441

At level 150, with best fleeing gear, you will get around 500 flee. but this is where {1 - [(Mobs − 2) × 0.1]} kicks in. given that 100+ skill bonus is your base flee, you will - 130 from 500. so 370 is where it gets affected by amount of monster you're dealing with. up to 2 monster, you will not get affected. after getting 3 and more mobs on you, penalty starts to kick in. at 8 monster on you, you will get, 0.4 modifier panelty on you. which makes your 370 flee down to 148. making your actual flee to 278. so to have 90%+ fleeing rate, you need about 396 actual flee rate. making you to have sum of 795 Flee rate on your stat. which is, 130(from skill/base) + 400(From item) + 265(from your base level(150) and stat(90 agi, 50 luk)). and your actual Flee against 8 Uni horn Scaraba will be, 396(130+[665*0.4])

You don't really need comparable level to do this, and RO relies on mathematical formula such as this. if mob stacks more than 11, you will get 90% penalty, making it next to impossible to flee all of them. 

Edited by CharAznable, 01 December 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#21 Riemn

Riemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

LMAO!!!!

#22 gabrixd

gabrixd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:49 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to say that i've already created a merchant and I'm going forward into genetic because I really liked the aspect of the class.

I'm still level 10 though...

Any tips would be very appreciated :)

#23 archiew

archiew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:13 AM

Need tips? Hmm...

Other players have told great tips....

Well u know that payon bounty board for 1-20? That is a neat trick to farm eden merit badge..

Just create low level chars and simultaneously do the bounty board delete and create new char again to do that bounty

until you get 8 badges u can trade in reset stone and get some quick zeny...

#24 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to say that i've already created a merchant and I'm going forward into genetic because I really liked the aspect of the class.

I'm still level 10 though...

Any tips would be very appreciated :)

You are new to the game, and already picked the most costly, frustrated class to level, you are in for a world of pain.

#25 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

You are new to the game, and already picked the most costly, frustrated class to level, you are in for a world of pain.

Hey now, don't scare him like that XD It's true that it can be tedious to level, but that's what adds to the challenge. I had lots of fun leveling my 2 merchants and going both the Smith path and the Alche path.

Just be patient and have fun. It's RO my friend, try and make a story out of it. I know I do. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users