Best Homun + Homun S Combination - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best Homun + Homun S Combination

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:17 AM

Guys, Just like the title says. Which one would be the best combination?

My main goal with my Genetic (High Merchant atm) is to MVP/PVM to farm for items. What would be the best combination of Homun atm to support me while MVP/PVM.

Thanks

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Gotta be a sera for that role. Particularly in farming items, having normal monsters not hurt at all is really nice, and it keeps costs down when farming items, and helps with MVP's mobs as well.

For first form, the most useful is Amistr. It's also slow to level, though.

If you're planning to pot alchemist pots (ie, with the skill Prepare Potion) you need a vani base, for instruction change, which adds 5% when maxed to potting rate.

#3 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

My Genetic will be my main and I will also use it to kill MVP's. Right now I got a lvl 93 Vanil but I could remake a Amistr if I have too. I want the best possible MVP killer and the most effective without dying.

How do you keep your bomb supply going? Do you make them yourself?

#4 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:31 AM

Why do you consider Amistr the best Homun?

#5 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:34 AM

Bulwark adds 30 vit which is the best homunculus buff there is.Castling is also fairly useful when mobbed.

#6 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:51 AM

I will remake my Homun today then. I spent about 8m trying to get my Vanil :(

But I want the best of the best. 30 VIT sounds really good, plus PainKilling from Sera also looks very appealing for MVPing.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 03 December 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#7 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:53 AM

Should've done it when the loyalty event was here.Now you'll have to do it the old fashioned way which will take about 400 hours of feeding(if you want blood lust).

#8 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:59 AM

I wasn't playing when the event was on sadly.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

I usually just buy bombs. If you're using them on a large scale, it can make more sense to make them yourself. Mostly depends on how much you're bombing - and also how sensitive you are to the cost of the bombs (which depends on what you're killing with them) - whether it makes sense to invest the time and money in setting up for making pots. 

Should've done it when the loyalty event was here.Now you'll have to do it the old fashioned way which will take about 400 hours of feeding(if you want blood lust).

Naw, not quite that bad. More like 300. 

#10 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

I usually semi-AFK while leveling Homun, so it shouldn't be too bad.

DrAzzy, If I could, I would prefer to kill MVPs with Cart Cannon. Do you think this is doable and comparable dmg to AB or is it considerably lower?

I am only planning to AB MVP's. Nothing else, unless it is a mob with high health and good drops.

#11 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

I usually just buy bombs. If you're using them on a large scale, it can make more sense to make them yourself. Mostly depends on how much you're bombing - and also how sensitive you are to the cost of the bombs (which depends on what you're killing with them) - whether it makes sense to invest the time and money in setting up for making pots. 

Naw, not quite that bad. More like 300. 

300 would require feeding every 10 minutes which i'm pretty sure nobody does.

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

I usually semi-AFK while leveling Homun, so it shouldn't be too bad.

DrAzzy, If I could, I would prefer to kill MVPs with Cart Cannon. Do you think this is doable and comparable dmg to AB or is it considerably lower?

I am only planning to AB MVP's. Nothing else, unless it is a mob with high health and good drops.

Be careful not to let homun level past 99 before changing it to homun S, you'll miss out on homun stat growth if you do.

You can kill some MVPs effectively with cart cannon. AB will usually do more damage, and better DPS, but vs weaker MVPs, you don't need that. 

#13 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:12 PM

I remade my Homun and now got a growing Amistr :)

#14 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

I remade my Homun and now got a growing Amistr :)

have fun leveling your your sera form 99 to 116 :p_devil: i had a blast doing it :p_err:

Edited by Ryviux, 04 December 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#15 MillyBear

MillyBear

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1997 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:45 PM

This guy up here..

He's just joking :P

It's a total pain to level amitsr->sera till she gets an aoe. After that it's smooth sailing

But like life .. Everything that's hard to do is usually worth it 8-)

#16 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

Doesn't bulwark require you to have the homun out, and alive, to keep the effects? That's what I remembered, which is why I never liked amistir for sera.

Since you can summon->painkiller->vaporize, and just do that to keep the buff up, the base type of the homun doesn't matter. The only difference is higher max sp means you have to worry less about blue potting it, or letting it sit out to regen.

It's actually faster to apply the painkiller buff like that, and while using the default AI, than to let a fancy AI do it for you (sorry azzy!)

(Painkiller on the left hand side is applied automatically through Azzy AI. The Right Hand Side is done manually, with the Default AI)

Having the buff applied more quickly means you have more time for your genetic to do whatever you have set out to do. For non-time critical things, the difference is probably negligible. But this came in VERY handy when I was camping Wounded Morroc back in the day, and when chasing him down as soon as he spawned, every second counted. One second standing still, waiting for it to reapply painkiller, so that I'd have it up during the fight could have meant that I'd lose the kill.

If you end up adopting something like this, then it doesn't matter at all what it was previously. Mine was a vani, for ease of leveling, potion brewing, and a higher sp pool. Aside from those things, it could have just as easily have been an Amistir, or Filir, or Lif.

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

That pause is the 1 second SpawnDelay - you can get rid of that by setting it to 0. It's set like that by default to ensure that the homun doesn't waste sp casting buffs that aren't needed while teleporting around. 

#18 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:48 AM

Ah ok, I did not know that. Does that pause include disabling manually casted skills during that time too? Even if I attempted to use painkiller manually, I still had to wait it seemed.

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

Ah ok, I did not know that. Does that pause include disabling manually casted skills during that time too? Even if I attempted to use painkiller manually, I still had to wait it seemed.

Yeah, probably. I should change that.

#20 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

hmm, Tofu, what you are saying is making me reconsider. I used to do something similar with my lif. I used to had a LIF back in the day and I would Urgent Escape and vaporize.

it is the same with Pain Killer? and also will I have to keep my homun alive for Bulwark to be active? or if I vaporize do I continue to have the effect?

will Amistr able to tank MVP for at least 1-3 AB?

Edited by MoyuZ777, 07 February 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#21 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

Painkiller will stay active even if the sera dies or is vaporized. But I don't know about bulwark. I don't have an amistir base anything to test it with, so someone else will have to confirm it.

Homuns in general are extremely squishy though, because they lack the defensive gear the gen can get. So even if you do get an amistir base with like 40k hp, it'll only be worth like 4k of your genetic's hp. It might survive a couple hits, but I don't think you'd get 2 full acid bombs off if you were lucky.

#22 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

I will test tonight and let you know. I did see that my HP increases everytime it kicks in.

#23 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

Painkiller will stay active even if the sera dies or is vaporized. But I don't know about bulwark. I don't have an amistir base anything to test it with, so someone else will have to confirm it.

Homuns in general are extremely squishy though, because they lack the defensive gear the gen can get. So even if you do get an amistir base with like 40k hp, it'll only be worth like 4k of your genetic's hp. It might survive a couple hits, but I don't think you'd get 2 full acid bombs off if you were lucky.

Tofu, I was able to test this with my Amistr. Bulwark does stay active even after vaporizing, which is great. So that means I will get 30 VIT + PK when Mvping.

#24 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

Does the cooldown continue to tick even if it's vaporized? So it has a 30 second cooldown, so if you Summon -> Bulwark -> Vaporize, and wait like 40 seconds, when you resummon it can you instantly Bulwark again?

If you can, then Amistir would definitely be superior.

#25 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

I just checked and no it doesn't work. The cool down pauses when you vaporize it and then it continues after you call it.

DrAzzy, Thank you for creating the AzzyAI. I just set my Amistr to Dance ASDP and it is working wonderfully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users