MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

I want to start a discussion on what would be the best stats for a Genetic that is competing with other classes, or other Genetics. Assuming same equipment, what would be the best build for spamming bombs?

Or it really doesn't matter because AB is fixed cast? I remember being able to reduce this cast before renewal.

#2 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

120 dex is a must to compete, you must throw bombs with the -0.5 sec Temporal Dex boots or you will likely lose. Other than that, a decent amount of Int/Str 90-100 and as much Vit as you want, typically you'll get 65-80 depending on how much str/int you put in

#3 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

So 120 Dex IS necessary even though AB is a fixed cast time?

#4 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Yes, but only because of temporal dex boots. At 120 dex, those give a flat -0.5 fixed cast reduction - cutting AB cast time in half

#5 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

I would love to see it in action vs another genetic who is not using temporal boots and 120 dex.

#6 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

I would love to see it in action vs another genetic who is not using temporal boots and 120 dex.

Havenn has tested all this stuff lol. I just swapped to a 120 dex build and really like it. I really don't notice much damage loss. I have less vit but seem to be doing fine. 

#7 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

yes the AB throwing speed advantage is huge you get first hit and you throwing more bombs

#8 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:13 PM

Subcribed to you Havenn on Youtube :)

How much are this Temporal Boots?

#9 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

Just  the boots are cheap, hell if you want em, PM me and I'll get you a pair. Now the enchants, that's a different story. Check out the market section or eden for specific enchants.

#10 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

Thank you again Onii! :)

So Havenn, The whole benefit of 120 DEX would be the -0.5 AB? Are there any other benefits from having 120 DEX?

#11 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:17 AM

Oh yay! XD ty!

Hmm, yes, beyond the faster acid bomb cast - you now have 120 dex and can reduce variable by a ton without having to use spell enchants to reduce your cast times. With 120 dex+eden stats you get a pretty fast cast being naked lol, so adding gears and +20 dex food to it makes it very nice. This allows you to default EA10 FAW and still have a fast CC cast. If you get the luxury of attaining a Mjolnir for your CC needs, 120 dex puts you at instacast for CC,FE,DF which all help a ton.

I just love 120 dex build, and once we get the leveling patch, I will get 90 vit again - then work on more Int i think.

#12 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

This is actually interesting. Never thought of that use for the DEX Boots :o 

What would be the ideal enchants for it? Spell or EA? And what about the bonus enchant? Bear Power? 

#13 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

Would you say this is a good newbie starting build? Zeny wise? I got around 200m right now to spare.

I want to equip my Biochemist so I can go hunt MVP's.

Right now my stats are STR 60, INT 60, DEX 34 and got about 270 free unallocated points. Should I start working on 120 DEX now? or should I go for another build because equips wise it will be too expensive for a 120 DEX?

Edited by MoyuZ777, 04 December 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#14 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

Don't go 120 dex until you're 150 I would say, until then, deal with your slow cast - it should be fine versus smaller MVPs that you won't always have to crush to win (moonlight,orc hero, phreeoni are good leveling ones) 

I would say get a +9 Immune HBP for defense and added stats when you get 90's of STR/int/dex as well as a decent weapon. I think right now your 200m should go towards a +9 red twin edge (try to get one for like 100m) and put 3x AS cards in it or buy one with them in it. That weapon will alow you to bomb those mvps easily as a biochem.

The ideal enchant for dex boots is EA4 (no need for spell enchant, since your cast time is going to be dex based primarily) and for the special enchant Lucky Day is very versatile, bears power is great for tanking MVPs to boost bomb by a TON, and Runaway magic for when you're a high level gene and want to use Demonic Fire to proc the +200 int for CC.

#15 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

Awesome, thanks for the answer. :)

#16 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

Don't go 120 dex until you're 150 I would say, until then, deal with your slow cast - it should be fine versus smaller MVPs that you won't always have to crush to win (moonlight,orc hero, phreeoni are good leveling ones) 

I would say get a +9 Immune HBP for defense and added stats when you get 90's of STR/int/dex as well as a decent weapon. I think right now your 200m should go towards a +9 red twin edge (try to get one for like 100m) and put 3x AS cards in it or buy one with them in it. That weapon will alow you to bomb those mvps easily as a biochem.

The ideal enchant for dex boots is EA4 (no need for spell enchant, since your cast time is going to be dex based primarily) and for the special enchant Lucky Day is very versatile, bears power is great for tanking MVPs to boost bomb by a TON, and Runaway magic for when you're a high level gene and want to use Demonic Fire to proc the +200 int for CC.

Thank you Havenn. I see that DrAzzy recommends luk in his PVM/MVP builds. Would you also recommend getting luk or just adding those points into something else?

This is the build I am going to follow:

FAW/HBP Optimized

Str: 100

Int: 108

Vit: 96

Dex: 90

Luk: 21

Also, Do you know of any guild that you would recommend me joining? I am active player but not looking for a WOE guild since I am busy with work/family all the time.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 04 December 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#17 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

That is a very balanced build and good to start with, once you're 150 and ready to go for 120 dex. Hmm, there are many guilds out there that your player style would fit, I would take a look around eden forones who do instances/social but don't WoE

#18 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

Thank you Havenn. I see that DrAzzy recommends luk in his PVM/MVP builds. Would you also recommend getting luk or just adding those points into something else?

This is the build I am going to follow:

FAW/HBP Optimized

Str: 100

Int: 108

Vit: 96

Dex: 90

Luk: 21

Also, Do you know of any guild that you would recommend me joining? I am active player but not looking for a WOE guild since I am busy with work/family all the time.

175/60 is coming next week. You can have 120dex and not have to gimp on the other stats.

#19 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

Azzy's builds are outdated and don't address the newer gears. Best builds are purely optimized for your own gears and needs. If you're looking to compete in hunting natural spawn MVPs, you'll need high DPS, meaning damage per second. If you can only release one bomb in 2 seconds (1 sec cast time, 1 sec cool down), while the other person can release 2 bombs in 3 seconds (.5 sec cast time, 1 sec cool down) they'll out damage you unless you're doing more than 1.5x their bomb damage. Basically you'll need to be doing 300k bombs to compete against someone who is wearing dex boots and doing 200k. That damage difference is pretty significant. So 120 dex is definitely recommended.

#20 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

Azzy's builds are outdated and don't address the newer gears. Best builds are purely optimized for your own gears and needs. If you're looking to compete in hunting natural spawn MVPs, you'll need high DPS, meaning damage per second. If you can only release one bomb in 2 seconds (1 sec cast time, 1 sec cool down), while the other person can release 2 bombs in 3 seconds (.5 sec cast time, 1 sec cool down) they'll out damage you unless you're doing more than 1.5x their bomb damage. Basically you'll need to be doing 300k bombs to compete against someone who is wearing dex boots and doing 200k. That damage difference is pretty significant. So 120 dex is definitely recommended.

Thank you for your input. I have come to realize that a lot of ppl farm MVPs and if you can't kill it fast, someone will take it.

I will go ahead with the 120 DEX build. So the only thing I need for the -0.5 reduction is 120 Dex and Temporal Dex Boots and nothing extra?

Also when hitting level cap and using a +9 Twin Edge Sword, Would it be ok to expect that kind of damage? say 100 Str and weapon, or do I need god like equipment?

Edited by MoyuZ777, 04 December 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#21 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

For a 120 DEX build, your final or near-final build will probably be something like this:

STR: 70-100
AGI: usually 1
VIT: 70-96 (100 if going for FAW VIT bonus)
INT: 70-100
DEX: 120
LUK: 10-40

Since 175 is coming out soon you will be able to have a lot more stat points to work with.

Compared to pre-GH builds, you have to sacrifice points from the other stats to put more into DEX. Immunities are nice but you can actually make up for a lot of them easily by using +20 foods (VIT food is cheap).

For leveling and stat progression, aim for something like this first:

STR: 70
AGI: 1
VIT: 70
INT: 70
DEX: 40-80 (less required if you use near 100% cast reduction gears)
LUK: 10

After you have that, you can raise STR/VIT/INT slightly depending on what your final build will be. People who are mostly leveling with CC tend to raise INT higher than the rest a bit since that will help their PVM a lot.

Since your core stats are pretty high already (70+) and good enough for PVM, you can then work on pumping DEX to 120.

I actually recommend building a character assuming you are 135~145 or so. A 135~145 genetic isn't too different from a 150 genetic MVP-ing wise. So if you can already have 120 DEX at 135~145 you are pretty much good to go already, so you can actually base your calculations on that. That way you don't have to grind 5~10 levels just so you get your last 120 DEX bonus.

Some people might experiment with low STR builds relying on GH STR proc too. But that requires you to be tanking and taking damage at all times to really work. That sort of build becomes more specialized and situational. Same with low VIT builds relying on Orc Hero Card for stun immunity, etc. Don't worry about those and just stick to a more all-around versatile buid until you have several high level characters and a lot of funds and gears to work with.

#22 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

Some people might experiment with low STR builds relying on GH STR proc too. But that requires you to be tanking and taking damage at all times to really work.

Would that work with painkiller? RM saps waaay too much SP for my liking and no luck getting Lucky day on dex boots yet. ,_,

#23 MillyBear

MillyBear

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1997 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

Onii. You love to solo. Get bears power .. It'll proc unless you're bringing down them mvps way too fast .. Lololol..

#24 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:57 AM

Would that work with painkiller? RM saps waaay too much SP for my liking and no luck getting Lucky day on dex boots yet. ,_,

I would give RM double the SP if it asked for it, it's honestly the most powerful enchant xD

But yea, if you like to tank like a man, get BP

#25 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:28 AM

Gib indulge to gen class pls, ayy lmao.

Yeah, still on the fence if I wanna BP or LD. Prolly gonna go with BP, I like taking a beating or two. :> Thanks for the infos. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users