About Profession ( Collecting ) - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

About Profession ( Collecting )

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HzHeart

HzHeart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

Erm.

any1 have any guides for me to lvl it up faster?...its like taking days to lvl up since i start off 300 exp...its sooooo slowwwwww

Too slow if i may.

And the production is totally useless, cant be sell to npc.

who the heck around lvl 30 ~ 40 is going to buy any of these anyways.

and may i know hw does the socket system works?.

i read some wiki.

and dun understand a bit of it.

thanks

and also.

y did the forum which is a place for ppl to flood with post and discussion, can oni post 3 post per day?.

srsly, 3?...if worried of spammers might jam the server, i believe 10 or even 5 is much practical isnt it?

#2 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

About the "too slow" part, just leave your computer running while you are doing something else (aka watching TV for example). Just make sure you come back every two hours to give your char a new tool. The usual tool goes poof every 2 hours of usage.

Plus this shall be no gift, it shall actually cost you something (at least some time in this matter) to reach a higher collecting skill. Cause the higher the skill is, the more money you get at any NPC for selling your collected (pure) materials.  :p_smile:

The production isn't useless- yes you can't sell produced items to the NPC (but as far as I know the staff is aware of this and it's on their "change" list, once the Dev team is working again like it should). 

But you can actually create things like "socket hammers" out of it.  These go for every 10 level on weapons and  gears (example working from level 30 to 39 weapon). There are two for weapons and two for gears. One is for creating slot 1 and the other one for creating slot 2. Into these slots you can put in "socket cards". Those you can either exchange at Midas (if I remember this right....has been ages) and find in open market. Those cards give some more stats (like health for example, or crit) to you weapon/gear. Which is actually pretty good, because you can get some extras without using real cash, that actually make you "stronger". This is a big part of the socket system btw and many people (any level) do use it on their weapons and gear. I'm not that much into this, cause I myself have to learn the usage of it a bit better. (wasn't necessary to me on EU....)  :p_smile:

Maybe someone on here knows more and is able to explain a little more about it?

#3 HzHeart

HzHeart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

ok thanks.

regarding the too slow part.

i mean, i found some ppl state that if we collect like only lvl1 materials,

its basically going to serve the same exp for both collect and product with less amount of materials.

is it true?

#4 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:23 AM

This are only rumors, like choosing no box in a dungeon will give you better rewards blah...

(about the last point, the game calculates what you get already when the 4 boxes pop up, no matter if you personally choose one of the boxes or not. The game calculates it randomly for you and you get what you get from the calculation of the game, no matter what.)

It isn't important on which "field" of your "job" you stay to collect (gather) materials. You can stay on the level 1 field, but you end up with materials less valuable and the exact same time for your skill to progress.  This are just rumors, it isn't true.

It is kinda like exp for leveling, you need "blah points" exp to level up and on which field of your "job" you "farm" the needed exp doesn't matter. You will always have to get the same exp, no matter what and this you get on all available fields of your "job" in the exact same rate.

Same for production I believe. Yep. 

:p_smile:

#5 pluumy

pluumy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

i think thats not what he meant, @Fliederduft78

only collecting lvl 1 ingredients (at whatever job) instead of going for the lvl 2 ingredients once you reach lvl 200 and so on, is probably better than collecting ingredients of all lvls, because you dont get leftovers (like 10/12 necessary lvl 1 items available and 5/12 necessary lvl 2 items available). 

producing a lvl 2 socket hammer for example consumes the less fatigue points than producing a lvl 3 socket hammer. also you need less ore's for a lvl 2 hammer than you need for a lvl 3 hammer.

while the ingredient and fatigue consumption differs, the exp gain for both is the exact same. 

so all in all its better to only farm lvl 1 ingredients in order to lvl up your production skills.  

#6 HzHeart

HzHeart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:54 AM

Yeap.

thats wat ive been asking...

just to comfirm it before i waste tons of times trying to grind it.

thanks for the answer thou..

#7 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

i think thats not what he meant, @Fliederduft78

only collecting lvl 1 ingredients (at whatever job) instead of going for the lvl 2 ingredients once you reach lvl 200 and so on, is probably better than collecting ingredients of all lvls, because you dont get leftovers (like 10/12 necessary lvl 1 items available and 5/12 necessary lvl 2 items available). 

producing a lvl 2 socket hammer for example consumes the less fatigue points than producing a lvl 3 socket hammer. also you need less ore's for a lvl 2 hammer than you need for a lvl 3 hammer.

while the ingredient and fatigue consumption differs, the exp gain for both is the exact same. 

so all in all its better to only farm lvl 1 ingredients in order to lvl up your production skills.  

Aaah, I see. Thanks for clarification.  :p_smile:

Didn't  know there are this much material differences these days....

Sure thing, in that case I would stick to level 1 production for leveling too. 

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

y did the forum which is a place for ppl to flood with post and discussion, can oni post 3 post per day?.

srsly, 3?...if worried of spammers might jam the server, i believe 10 or even 5 is much practical isnt it?

The posting is limited to 3 posts per day only in the first 24 hrs after your register.

#9 HzHeart

HzHeart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

Orh ic....

Thanks for the answer thou...lols.

=)

#10 Neniwi

Neniwi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

Erm.

any1 have any guides for me to lvl it up faster?...its like taking days to lvl up since i start off 300 exp...its sooooo slowwwwww

Too slow if i may.

And the production is totally useless, cant be sell to npc.

who the heck around lvl 30 ~ 40 is going to buy any of these anyways.

and may i know hw does the socket system works?.

i read some wiki.

and dun understand a bit of it.

thanks

and also.

Hello,

I try the professions system and find the faster way to lvl up this, is making socket card box. If you see in middle of the description of creations in menu (press H), you will see the exp associate to each item, and the socket card is the item that have more exp, in any lvl.

I making this, lvl up from 100-200 in a day for profession,  I prefer lvl up all the professions. 200-300 in a week, 300-400 in a month and I am here and go on.

The gather items useless are selling at npc, is a better price for better items, except the blessed, this is only for making things, it can not be sold at npc, and the cards I sell at players, when they want buy it.

The lvl 1 items are for im equip, for example tunas, GB, are lvl 1 equip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users