Experienced GX, help me, suggest what is best from your experience - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Experienced GX, help me, suggest what is best from your experience

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Ricoroma

Ricoroma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

What are the most efficient gears for leveling from 100 to 150 as a GX? I'm nearly there, even though I'm only about to rebirth my Assassin.

I was told by Guardian TK to have +9RWH (HP/SP leech), Nid Garb(SP leech), Earth Deleter Carded armor (SP leech) and a +9Wild Beast Claw carded with Hunter Fly Card for HP leech. What are your thoughts about this?

I am also thinking of using +10 Triple Malicious Jur but I am worried I would be killing mobs longer than I should..

Your suggestions based from experience would be very much appreciated. Thanks! Oh, and would +9Vanargand Helm be a good substitute for +9RWH? I already bought it (for 350m -_-) and got ripped-off of 75m to 100m -_-

Thanks in advance!

#2 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:40 AM

This is highly subjective and I didn't really run any tests, so take it as "It feels like":

+9 RWH is better for HP (HP proc procs often)

+9 Vana is better for SP (in comparison to RWH, SP proc procs more often)

Both are good and since you have a +9 Vana, stick with it imo.

Earth deleter may not be necessary, you'd have to try it somewhere and see if your sp dips low. I used it till lvl 118 or 117 (at that time I changed maps, from Nogg road to Rachel sanc. Didn't have a RWH at that time, that's why I say you should test it and see if you run out of SP. You probably won't but better safe than sorry.). Always carry some pots/aloe leaflets with you.

As for the weapon, I'm not a big fan of HF cards, I prefer damage. A WBC will serve you well. An Inverse Scale for those monsters that are weak to holy. Rolling Cutter is 5 sp, one or two more spins won't make or break you if you decide to go with HF cards.

#3 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:16 AM

i used both +9 vanagard (feels better % proc chance of SP leech than +9 rwh) and WitchPumpkinHat + alarm mask combo for lvling. i got them hotkeyed for easier swapping. as for armor, depends on what elemental attacks the mobs use. 

when my hp is low, i swap to WPH and pot some pumpkins. when my sp is low, i switch back to vanagard .

thats what i did when i lvl all my 3 GXes to 150/50  :thumb:

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 04 December 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#4 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

This is highly subjective and I didn't really run any tests, so take it as "It feels like":

+9 RWH is better for HP (HP proc procs often)

+9 Vana is better for SP (in comparison to RWH, SP proc procs more often)

HP proc rate is (almost) the same for both, actually. RWH just restores 16% at +9 compared to 8% from Vana at +9. RWH is better for GX imo, since RC uses almost no SP.

Edited by Zayaan, 04 December 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#5 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

Oh, the Vana proc rates are known? Cuz certain and higher are kinda... idk, weird. I'd like numbers like with the RWH. :c

#6 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

I currently run a +9 Quadruple Malicious Specialty Jur with EDP and have absolutely no problems killing with rolling cutter

So much damage  :ani_slur: 

#7 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:11 AM

I use Sin Cuff, and +11 Krishuna with 7/7 FS with double Hunterfly. And +9 DR FAW with FS to have more hit. i switch between +7 Star-Spangled Bandana [1] for more damage, and when i need sp leech i switch to +9 vana. 

If you're using Hunter fly carded weapon of any kind, i'd use vana.

#8 Ricoroma

Ricoroma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

Thank you guys for all of your suggestions. I do have one more question..

I plan to buy +9WBC with high FS and just put my Hillslion Card on it for more attack damage.. Now the question, will it be too inefficient if I will frequently switch on +4 Ice Pick/Moonlight Dagger (Main Hand) and +10Quadruple Malicious MG (Off-hand) while mobbing just in case the +9Vanargand didn't proc enough to fill my SP and HP?

If it is inefficient I will then buy the +10 Jur and card it with HF for continous mobbing with Vanargand helm.. hmmmm..

What are your thoughts?

#9 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

I plan to buy +9WBC with high FS and just put my Hillslion Card on it for more attack damage.. Now the question, will it be too inefficient if I will frequently switch on +4 Ice Pick/Moonlight Dagger (Main Hand) and +10Quadruple Malicious MG (Off-hand) while mobbing just in case the +9Vanargand didn't proc enough to fill my SP and HP?

If it is inefficient I will then buy the +10 Jur and card it with HF for continous mobbing with Vanargand helm.. hmmmm..

What are your thoughts?

Given you can't AoE with Dual Dagger, i think its waste of investment. Even if you're Dual Dagger ctrl+click, 4x HF MG won't help you sustain.

#10 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

I will have to prove it's possible with enough AoE autocasts haha.

#11 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

I will have to prove it's possible with enough AoE autocasts haha.

Idk if theres enough Physical autocast AoE to proc. I never tried but i believe baphomet card wont proc HF? baphomet card on 193 aspd DD is insanely good tho.

#12 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

Magnum Break, Earthquake, Bowling Bash, Fireball, Meteor Attack and possibly a few other autocasts are possible all at once.

#13 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

Bapho is too small an AoE, I used it on my old agi RK for fun.

#14 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

Magnum Break, Earthquake, Bowling Bash, Fireball, Meteor Attack and possibly a few other autocasts are possible all at once.

Earthquake, Fireball, Meteo Strike from DL or Ifrit, and many other AoE is Magic property. which won't proc HF at all.

#15 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

EQ, Meteor Attack and Magnum Break are all physical and Hunter Fly isn't really needed. I never had to use it.

#16 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

EQ, Meteor Attack and Magnum Break are all physical and Hunter Fly isn't really needed. I never had to use it.

I'm pretty sure EQ and Meteor is Magic property. 

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Meteor_Storm

http://irowiki.org/wiki/NPC_EARTHQUAKE

Although, if theres enough damage, HF will leech hp fast enough from 193 aspd. MB is physical yes. i didn't oppose to that. 

#17 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

Ugh meant Meteor Assault lol my bad, either way not Meteor Storm. Also EQ is based off your Atk not Matk, so doesn't really matter if it's magical damage. 

Edited by Omnipheles, 04 December 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#18 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

Ugh meant Meteor Assault lol my bad, either way not Meteor Storm. Also EQ is based off your attack not Matk.

I haven't tested with Faceworm Queen thingy, but EQ is based off of your ATK, but it is neutral single target magic to all enemy. Unless Faceworm one have different property, it will register as Magic Property. You can test it with GTB over Valk. 

Edited by CharAznable, 04 December 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#19 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

The thing is that DD based autocasts do not require HF card at all or any SP, you just kill as fast as you possibly can and everything dies, it's how I do TIs lol.

#20 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

The thing is that DD based autocasts do not require HF card at all or any SP, you just kill as fast as you possibly can and everything dies, it's how I do TIs lol.

Hunter Fly card is for HP leech.

#21 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

I know... and it's in no way necessary. It's only nice if you want to give up killing speed to save on pots.

BTW quick EQ tip; if you use a fire weapon and earth armor for example, your EQ will do more damage.

Edited by Omnipheles, 04 December 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#22 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

I know... and it's in no way necessary. It's only nice if you want to give up killing speed to save on pots.

OP asked,

Now the question, will it be too inefficient if I will frequently switch on +4 Ice Pick/Moonlight Dagger (Main Hand) and +10Quadruple Malicious MG (Off-hand) while mobbing just in case the +9Vanargand didn't proc enough to fill my SP and HP?

What are your thoughts?

and my answer was if his uding Quad MG offhand, it wont help him sustain through mobs. its better either kill monster faster, or opting with RC to proc faster AoE. So i was basically giving him a same answer. DD can sustain without it just fine. 

Edited by CharAznable, 04 December 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#23 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

I know I was just saying that AoEing with DDs is possible, not that it was how OP is going to do be doing it. I was just replying to your comment saying you can't AoE with daggers.

Edited by Omnipheles, 04 December 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#24 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

I know I was just saying that AoEing with DDs is possible, not that it was how OP is going to do be doing it. I was just replying to your comment saying you can't AoE with daggers.

Hmm i should've made it clear that my answer was cater to OP's setting regarding to HF and SP leech. Sorry if it was confusing you or by all mean offended you on certain degree. It's not like i'm not aware of Autocasts. Earthquake alone should be enough to do all the AoE. 

#25 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Nah EQ alone isn't enough, it doesn't activate ALL the time. But yeah, wasn't offended, took it more like a challenge lol.

Speaking of being on topic... I can't believe none of us even mentioned Succubus or Incubus now that they got rid of the loyal requirement.

EDIT: In that video it only seems like it activates that much because his attack isn't that high and the speed is like on 4X.

Edited by Omnipheles, 04 December 2014 - 03:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users