How About a Free Stats Reset NPC? - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How About a Free Stats Reset NPC?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xfade0awayx

xfade0awayx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos?

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

Just an Idea

I think it would be nice if they brought back the free "stat reset" npc, dont know why they took her off. As I recall, only if your base level was under Level 40, would you be able to get the free reset. But what if we changed that rule to giving one free reset for characters that has yet to rebirth and one freebie after rebirth. This would be beneficial for newcomers who are trying to get a feel for how to build their characters. This could also be exploited by the players (gotta love the really clever ones though) and maybe this will be the reason why it wont be implemented if my idea were to be given any consideration. 

On a personal note, my goal for the game is to create every single end-game Job Class. I think thats a little excessive and pretty hardcore, but thats how much I enjoy the game. So, I would like to try different stats and skill with the character I would be playing til I find the right combination for my play style. (Please, do understand, I dont indulge myself to RO everyday, every hour of the day; on the account of my goal) But since zeny is scarce, I would recreate that very same character. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me even if my character is Lv 85. I will recreate this character many times 'til I find the best build and skill tree that matches up with my play style.

*thanks to hypnotist in Izlude, my exploration with the character's skill tree has been remedied up 'til 3rd Job. Not asking for more.

Now I know that seems ridiculous and exessive to most players and maybe even the GMs in the RO community, but thats just how me, myself, and I enjoy playing RO. I, actually, have more fun playing RO between character levels 20-70 anyways. But I do have a couple reasons for recreating my characters and asking for the free stat reset npc to be re-implemented with a different rule/condition for usage. First and most obvious reason for any gamer is, I don't want to be stuck playing a charater/something I can't find a way to enjoy. It would be great to be able not to start over so much. Second reason, zeny is actually pretty easy to come by; patience from the player, is not however.

*So I applaud everyone who will farm/loot items themselves in order to make money and/or obtain what is you so desired.

Reset Stones are sold for around 4 - 6 million. I would be spending quite the fortune by how often I restart. So, that's not an option for me and other players who are trying to save up zeny for better use. Even just one free stat reset is enough to be asked for any consideration.

- How many of you that took the time to read this post, can imagine how relieved I would be if we can have the one freebie??

lol

And I will admit that I would take advantage of this feat to level even quicker. For example, if I were to make an Assassin, my thief would only focus on AGI and DEX til maybe Base Lv 70 using a Bow weapon and elemental arrows. Then after I job change, I'd use the "one free stat reset before rebirth" to the build I would be using til trans and repeat the process but to Base Lv 55-65 as a High Thief. Another good example; for the pending Full Support Priests, while still an Acolyte, start off like you're building towards a full on Battle Priest instead of hoping and wishing for a party to happen or go through that early "Oh So Enjoyable!" slow solo grind. There are plenty of ways to use this feature to our advantage and really that's what these feats is for anyways. Making it easier and enjoyable for the community, right? Like I mentioned earlier, even just one free stat reset is enough to be asked for any consideration.

+

:p_angel: Thank You for Reading! :p_angel: 

+

- I tried to make it more interesting with the bold and the colors.

- Hope it works (>^o^<)

#2 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

not trying to be mean or anything but why not just purchase WPE to buy reset stones? support the game that you love. i think there is a quest that will let you farm reset stones. i forgot which one since it's my friend who does the quest. i'm not sure but i think he said it's from completing TIs. i'll ask him about it.

#3 ReMont

ReMont

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:Myself

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:07 AM

not trying to be mean or anything but why not just purchase WPE to buy reset stones? support the game that you love. i think there is a quest that will let you farm reset stones. i forgot which one since it's my friend who does the quest. i'm not sure but i think he said it's from completing TIs. i'll ask him about it.

^I think he was trying to say is try to do the Weekly-Turn in Events where you can get Eden Merit Badges...

You can use EM Badges to redeem Reset stones  :rice:

more info here: http://irowiki.org/w...den_Merit_Badge

Edited by ReMont, 04 December 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#4 xfade0awayx

xfade0awayx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Chaos?

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:17 PM

I have supported the game and spent quite a bit on WPE. But since my near death experience last year, my body is still trying to adjust...unable to work equals no income. Otherwise I would be stacked with KP.

Also, you weren't being mean, just honest lol. I really dont mind starting from scratch again..not really a big a hassle as i seem to make it.

^I think he was trying to say is try to do the Weekly-Turn in Events where you can get Eden Merit Badges...

You can use EM Badges to redeem Reset stones  :rice:

more info here: http://irowiki.org/w...den_Merit_Badge

Other than Grampa Quests/Turn-In Events, you can also get Merit Badges from doing Bounty Boards. Though I do have a question now...I'm currently non-ViP..what do I gain by deciding to be ViP through Gramps?? I highly doubt it would be the same deal as VIP from WarpPortal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users