Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

With every passing day, the nights get longer, and Freya's forces get stronger. Us adventurers might not notice as easily, for we're well training in dealing with their might, but for those who travel the lands without weapon, the trails are fearsome indeed. It just so happens that on the evening of December 21st, a particular explorer will set off across the lands to track down rumors of rare discoveries only available on that night. But they will need our help, a guide who knows where things are. With them is a magical logbook, which transcribe anything they writes into another book. I will be on my character, Katrimi, reading out what they write, but in the darkness they won't be able to see anything written back. Written words won't solve this problem, only the light of a bright image will be seen in the darkness of that night. So, to help show the way, adventurers are to send photos taken in game (as they have no issues with taking pictures in that darkness, it will still show up clear as day) and then share them over these forums. They've agreed that the first person to guide them to each specific location (be it a geographical object, an NPC, or even a monster) will get a share of the mysterious stones that are part of the discovery.

This is a scavenger hunt event, where players to take specifically marked hints from a short dialog and figure out the location being asked for (place, npc, or monster). The first screen shot correct for each request will receive their own Phantom Stone. I will be sending the hints over Public Chat on Dec 21st after 6pm server time on Odin. A single person can only win one prize maximum, and screen shots must have their character + name displayed clearly. Posts that are edited are disqualified, but a person is allowed to guess multiple times. The topic for this event will be created the day of the event. If you have any further questions regarding the event, please use this topic to discuss it.  After the event is over, please offer any feedback you might have on this event, for consideration in future events.

The Story:

Been waiting for the adventurers to be ready, as the darkness finally sets in.  Having traveled in by boat and spent the day at an inn in Alberta, I was ready for the trip ahead.  The first step was to find the crystal which grew nearby under a tree, just north of Alberta.  That crystal could be refined into many little phantom stones, if handled properly.  The crystal itself was rather dangerous at this time, and not very stable either, it needed to be sealed.  To do this, I had to travel north, past a monster which is attracted to shiny stones such as this.  It was known as a red shadow, which moved like the setting sun, travelling from east to west and back again, called Wild Speed.  Past this feathered beast, I was told to seek the leader of the holy cross, Olivier Graham, who had plenty of experience with sealing things that were dangerous such as this crystal.  However, she told me that I would also require the help of another, and gave me a note that was scrambled: "Ylincthal", meaning Chantilly, because she would have gotten in trouble if she was caught referring the aid of one of the merfolk.  With this, I accomplished the first step of my task.

The second however was on the other side of Rune-Midgard, so I would have to take the highroad to reach it.  Fortunately, I had a pass for it, but finding the bridge that needed to be lowered wasn't an easy task either.  I followed the highroad across the great sea and arrived at the other shore, being told to watch my decent, because there were some fish hiding below bridge 0806 that were rather dangerous, the bridge being named after the giant robot which patrolled the area (although my map didn't make it clear if the bridge was 0806 or 0807, I'm sure there was a mix-up somewhere).  The next task was to find the flowers I needed, but I was scared about the rumors of shadows wandering by the lake's blue lily that I was looking for.  The Blue Lily Petals were needed for refining the crystal, so the Sand Shadows wandering in the area were really difficult to deal with.  I hope the adventurers helping me knew of the secret passage going straight from Morroc to the lake, taking the long way around would have taken forever.

Finally, I had to figure out who it was who had the secret recipe for crafting phantom stones.  It was a closely guarded secret the family that took care of it, but I was given another scrambled note: "Cure Notire" to show me who would be willing to help.  The note spoke of Ruti Cereno, because while the recipe was a closely guarded secret of a family of cats, who lived not far from Morroc.  Ruti was at least human enough to help, though that did cost a price itself (lets not go there).  Having everything I needed, I needed to find the person in charge of shipping all this back home, though I didn't know much about him.  All I knew was that he was just some guy, and even his name was a joke.  Surprising enough, his name really was Joke.  I hear a lot of shipping was done around that area too though, so he was used to the traffic.  Tomorrow the ship would be ready for us to return and start working on refining some Phantom Stones.  This took me back full circle back to Alberta, but unfortunately it was so dark that I couldn't find the Inn I stayed at, it was the Poring Inn, with two crystal-shaped lanterns, located on main street in Alberta.  When I got there, Gabriel was still sitting outside, hard at work.  But me, I just went to bed, it was a really long night.

Edited by Lanie, 21 December 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#2 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

Took a while for this to show up. Saw it flashing several times in the game but when hunted for the thread nothing. Was almost thinking the first part was to find the thread. :heh:

#3 qtakaba

qtakaba

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:52 PM

is this for odin server only?

#4 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

is this for odin server only?

Correct.  I only have a character on Odin.  Don't worry, January has a fairly good lineup for both servers regarding planned events, but this is the best I can do.

#5 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

This event will begin in just a few hours.  Best of luck to anyone participating.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users