Aervaria

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hi all,

Returning RO player from way back and finding a TON has changed in getting back into RO. Was always a fan of the Hunter class, and I've started up a new Archer on Chaos (Renewal).

I've been reading through a bunch of different posts / guides on here and think I have the gist of it, but wanted to make sure I'm going about building & leveling the best way in the new system.

I'm currently a 35/36 Archer, and coming up on what I believe is the tail end of leveling on Ant Eggs. Great XP so far, but perhaps there's better.

I've seen recommendations for Elder Willows, Bigfoots, Izlude Dungeon (Overlook?), Thara Frog, etc...

My main question comes from making sure I'm leveling optimally with my build, which is for an AS Ranger, which sounds great so far!

I've stated myself full DEX so far, with a bit of VIT to mitigate damage from my lack of AGI.

STR - 1

AGI - 2 (misclicked on it XD )

VIT - 10

INT - 1

DEX - 50

LUK - 1

I plan on getting more DEX, and also VIT,  with some INT and LUK up to rebirth.

Am I correct that AGI isn't needed if I'm going AS?

Given that my ASPD is pretty low (aside from buffs and IC), where would be best to level for me going forward to 99? Or wait... is it 150 now lol

And once I hit Hunter (at 50), can I easily make it to Rebirth with this build? Or am I better to re-stat myself and then go for this AS build when I rebirth? Since I'm planning on going for the AS build, I'm okay with Arrow Showering stuff, but not sure where I should be in the new spawns/exp grid.

Or am I completely missing it with my AS Ranger build so far and messing up already? 

Thanks in advance for the help & pointers you can give to get me in the right direction.

#2 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hello, welcome back to RO ! And I'd say, at your level, you should grind on the Orcs outside of Orc Dungeon, here is the leveling plan I always follow whenever I create any character :
1-14   --> Spores
14-30 --> Eggs/Ants
30-40 --> Orcs
40-51 --> Undead Orcs
51-56 --> Undead orcs or Sleepers
56-71 --> Blossoms
71-85 --> Stemworms/Rafflesia
85-99 --> Low TI

You can also use 
healplz.com/exp/ to find the monster that give the most exp and good spawn rate. Also we gonna get increased spawn rate in quite a few maps next maintenance, so watch out for that too.

Now on to your build, it looks fine for me, since your main leveling method is Arrow Shower, which doesn't really benefit from anything beside DEX, you should get some INT for better regen rate, healing item effectiveness and bigger SP pool. As for LUK, I always get 30 LUK for 10 Status ATK ( 3 LUK = 1 Status ATK), but it's all down to your preference.

#3 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hi all,

Returning RO player from way back and finding a TON has changed in getting back into RO. Was always a fan of the Hunter class, and I've started up a new Archer on Chaos (Renewal).

I've been reading through a bunch of different posts / guides on here and think I have the gist of it, but wanted to make sure I'm going about building & leveling the best way in the new system.

I'm currently a 35/36 Archer, and coming up on what I believe is the tail end of leveling on Ant Eggs. Great XP so far, but perhaps there's better.

I've seen recommendations for Elder Willows, Bigfoots, Izlude Dungeon (Overlook?), Thara Frog, etc...

My main question comes from making sure I'm leveling optimally with my build, which is for an AS Ranger, which sounds great so far!

I've stated myself full DEX so far, with a bit of VIT to mitigate damage from my lack of AGI.

STR - 1

AGI - 2 (misclicked on it XD )

VIT - 10

INT - 1

DEX - 50

LUK - 1

I plan on getting more DEX, and also VIT,  with some INT and LUK up to rebirth.

Am I correct that AGI isn't needed if I'm going AS?

Given that my ASPD is pretty low (aside from buffs and IC), where would be best to level for me going forward to 99? Or wait... is it 150 now lol

And once I hit Hunter (at 50), can I easily make it to Rebirth with this build? Or am I better to re-stat myself and then go for this AS build when I rebirth? Since I'm planning on going for the AS build, I'm okay with Arrow Showering stuff, but not sure where I should be in the new spawns/exp grid.

Or am I completely missing it with my AS Ranger build so far and messing up already? 

Thanks in advance for the help & pointers you can give to get me in the right direction.

If you're not sniper yet, investing in AGI will greatly help you in leveling. I'd invest at least 80 agi for faster aspd. Once you job change to sniper, you can invest heavily on dex/int/vit.

Optimal AS build depends on your taste, but 100+ dex is suggested. and 50~100 vit depends on if you're mainly soloing, or play in party. Int from 60~100 helps you a lot since AS is SP happy skill. 

As for item, just focus on getting White Wing Set and +7 elven bow.

#4 Aervaria

Aervaria

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:53 PM

Awesome, good tips! Thanks to both of you.

Appreciate the link over to the EXP site iDaehyun, that's an awesome find! A heck of a lot easier than the running back and forth and number crunchin' from the old RO Empire site! hah. And yes, INT is definitely needed since only a couple of Arrow Showers wipe me out at the moment :(

Char Azna.. erm, I mean...Lt. Quattro (yea, no one suspects a thing with these shades on!)  - So by that, would I be better of running an AGI/DEX/INT build while I'm Arch/Hunter-- then doing the same till I hit Sniper after rebirth? Or would it be smarter to start the pure AS built on High Nov?

I've heard good things about the White Wing set, so I'll definitely look into those when I get to that point-- right now I'm running the Eden Equip quests for gear (which is an interesting addition, never had any quests before really, so it's awesome that they help you gear up like this!) 

#5 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:55 PM

Appreciate the link over to the EXP site iDaehyun, that's an awesome find! A heck of a lot easier than the running back and forth and number crunchin' from the old RO Empire site! hah. And yes, INT is definitely needed since only a couple of Arrow Showers wipe me out at the moment :(

Char Azna.. erm, I mean...Lt. Quattro (yea, no one suspects a thing with these shades on!)  - So by that, would I be better of running an AGI/DEX/INT build while I'm Arch/Hunter-- then doing the same till I hit Sniper after rebirth? Or would it be smarter to start the pure AS built on High Nov?

I've heard good things about the White Wing set, so I'll definitely look into those when I get to that point-- right now I'm running the Eden Equip quests for gear (which is an interesting addition, never had any quests before really, so it's awesome that they help you gear up like this!) 

What I did with my ranger, I invested in AGI/DEX/VIT/INT until I hit 3rd job then reset my stat to DEX/VIT/INT build. IMO, investing in AGI after transcending is a good thing if you don't have proper equipment or money yet since you get hit less and needs to pot less= less amount of zeny used on pots.

#6 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

Its suggested that you have at least 80 dex as hunter. bit of vit will help you sustain through multiple monsters, but don't over do it. 80+ agi definately plush for you as well. As for int, you can invest around 50~60, and that should be enough. After you trans, you can either focus on Pure Arrow Storm build, or like the other person suggested, invest on agi again, then reset stat using free reset. 

White Wing Set in my opinion is probably best and most cost efficient set iRO can offer right now. so definitely focus on getting pieces. Eden Gear is definately nice. Join a guild, and run some Mora quest as well. so you don't have to spend money on getting White Wing Set. 

#7 Aervaria

Aervaria

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

What I did with my ranger, I invested in AGI/DEX/VIT/INT until I hit 3rd job then reset my stat to DEX/VIT/INT build. IMO, investing in AGI after transcending is a good thing if you don't have proper equipment or money yet since you get hit less and needs to pot less= less amount of zeny used on pots.

I pumped a bit of AGI yesterday after seeing how pitiful my ASPD was against the Orcs recommended above. Works out great so far and the Dodge is nice for less pots. Since the resets are available, I'm definitely liking your idea of keeping it that way till Sniper, then resetting the build. Given that this is my first (well, only so far) character, less zeny is best zeny! 

Its suggested that you have at least 80 dex as hunter. bit of vit will help you sustain through multiple monsters, but don't over do it. 80+ agi definately plush for you as well. As for int, you can invest around 50~60, and that should be enough. After you trans, you can either focus on Pure Arrow Storm build, or like the other person suggested, invest on agi again, then reset stat using free reset. 

White Wing Set in my opinion is probably best and most cost efficient set iRO can offer right now. so definitely focus on getting pieces. Eden Gear is definately nice. Join a guild, and run some Mora quest as well. so you don't have to spend money on getting White Wing Set. 

A thorough plan-- I like it! I may indeed invest some AGI even into the final AS build since being able to get off some regular hits between AS is always welcomed.

I haven't heard / seen the Mora quests yet, I'll have to read up on those. I'm also finding the Bounty boards and interesting addition as well, makes some fun out of the grinding efforts.

Any other new quest systems I should be on the look out for?

Thanks again all-- very helpful info!

#8 KhogaN

KhogaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

When I first started I did the Overlook Dungeon quest on 5-6 different characters for phen cards to make my initial funds. The first one I sold went towards a Morgaine's Set. Unfortunately, this dungeon is only available for VIP players.

#9 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

I pumped a bit of AGI yesterday after seeing how pitiful my ASPD was against the Orcs recommended above. Works out great so far and the Dodge is nice for less pots. Since the resets are available, I'm definitely liking your idea of keeping it that way till Sniper, then resetting the build. Given that this is my first (well, only so far) character, less zeny is best zeny! 

A thorough plan-- I like it! I may indeed invest some AGI even into the final AS build since being able to get off some regular hits between AS is always welcomed.

I haven't heard / seen the Mora quests yet, I'll have to read up on those. I'm also finding the Bounty boards and interesting addition as well, makes some fun out of the grinding efforts.

Any other new quest systems I should be on the look out for?

Thanks again all-- very helpful info!

Arrow Shower is nice supportive dps for Turn In party Gramp gives you. There are some other quest system that you can look forward to, such as Bounty Board Quest

I will include some helpful links for you to read up as well.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Healing_Items

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Making_Zeny

#10 Aervaria

Aervaria

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

When I first started I did the Overlook Dungeon quest on 5-6 different characters for phen cards to make my initial funds. The first one I sold went towards a Morgaine's Set. Unfortunately, this dungeon is only available for VIP players.

Ah, good thing I put on VIP then. Was interested in checking it out for the first month, so looks like I've got a new place to head to! Is it an Eden quest that you run there?

Arrow Shower is nice supportive dps for Turn In party Gramp gives you. There are some other quest system that you can look forward to, such as Bounty Board Quest

I will include some helpful links for you to read up as well.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Healing_Items

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Making_Zeny

Awesome, thanks for the links! Looks like I've got some readin to do tonite-- plus side is I just hit 40 so I'm movin along! = D

#11 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Ah, good thing I put on VIP then. Was interested in checking it out for the first month, so looks like I've got a new place to head to! Is it an Eden quest that you run there?

Awesome, thanks for the links! Looks like I've got some readin to do tonite-- plus side is I just hit 40 so I'm movin along! = D

Overlook Dungeon 
Though tbh, I've always grind there until someone told me about the leveling plan above, I tried out that plan and never look back, the mobs in Overlook dungeon have way too much HP to give you a good exp/hr .

#12 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

If you have Arrow Shower, and Fire Arrow, go to orc village. mob some monster and shoot your Arrow Shower, This beats overlook dungeon in terms of exp/hr.

Edited by CharAznable, 06 December 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#13 Aervaria

Aervaria

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

Overlook Dungeon 
Though tbh, I've always grind there until someone told me about the leveling plan above, I tried out that plan and never look back, the mobs in Overlook dungeon have way too much HP to give you a good exp/hr .

Gotcha, thanks for the info-- Orcs are working out great so far and just got me L40 Eden equipment, so it's time to take on some Undeads now, so I gotta go stock up on some Silver arrows.

If you have Arrow Shower, and Fire Arrow, go to orc village. mob some monster and shoot your Arrow Shower, This beats overlook dungeon in terms of exp/hr.

It's been working out great! I wish I could AS more, but my SP pool is abysmal, so I need to get some INT going soon.

I'm also going on a Strawberry run now too to get some Z since those definitely sell fast. Some blue pots should do me a world of good when I want to get those mobs under control.

#14 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

It's been working out great! I wish I could AS more, but my SP pool is abysmal, so I need to get some INT going soon.

I'm also going on a Strawberry run now too to get some Z since those definitely sell fast. Some blue pots should do me a world of good when I want to get those mobs under control.

That's great to hear. I would suggest avoid buying blue pots. Strawberry itself is very good sp potion substitute. 

Edited by CharAznable, 07 December 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#15 KhogaN

KhogaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

Gotcha, thanks for the info-- Orcs are working out great so far and just got me L40 Eden equipment, so it's time to take on some Undeads now, so I gotta go stock up on some Silver arrows.

My favorite place to level at 40 was 2 E of Commodo on Groves. They  drop healing items so you don't spend zeny and the blossoms and aloe sell well. All my leveling paths were focused more on zeny/hr over exp/hr and I don't feel like I ever struggled with leveling slowly. I typically did something like this...

Spores/Mandoraga (straws/stems)

Bigfoot/poison spores (honey/shrooms)

Groves/Wolves (aloe/straws)

Overlook Dungeon

low TI

By the time I was ready to Trans I would typically have about 15m  (mostly from selling a phen card) which is a huge boost for a new character. On one character I even got a card drop for each of the kill quests for Overlook Dungeon.  :p_omg: The hp on these guys is very high, but the quest turn-in for each floor is a nice boost for the xp/hr.

#16 Aervaria

Aervaria

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

That's great to hear. I would suggest avoid buying blue pots. Strawberry itself is very good sp potion substitute.

Ah, well that makes it a ton easier then!

My favorite place to level at 40 was 2 E of Commodo on Groves. They  drop healing items so you don't spend zeny and the blossoms and aloe sell well. All my leveling paths were focused more on zeny/hr over exp/hr and I don't feel like I ever struggled with leveling slowly. I typically did something like this...

Spores/Mandoraga (straws/stems)
Bigfoot/poison spores (honey/shrooms)
Groves/Wolves (aloe/straws)
Overlook Dungeon
low TI

By the time I was ready to Trans I would typically have about 15m  (mostly from selling a phen card) which is a huge boost for a new character. On one character I even got a card drop for each of the kill quests for Overlook Dungeon.  :p_omg: The hp on these guys is very high, but the quest turn-in for each floor is a nice boost for the xp/hr.

Wow, that much for the Phen? Not bad! Would that be the best choice reward from outlook zeny wise?? And that's only available to complete once, right? If so,Is it per account or per char? That sounds like an awesome quest to run.!

#17 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

Though it'll be quite tedious if you don't have good gears, beside, you will need a water armor or a marse carded garment, as some I the mobs on the last 2 floors can one shot you with water ball, and they use that skill pretty often.

#18 KhogaN

KhogaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

Though it'll be quite tedious if you don't have good gears, beside, you will need a water armor or a marse carded garment, as some I the mobs on the last 2 floors can one shot you with water ball, and they use that skill pretty often.

You can complete it once per character. I didn't have any of this specialized gear when I did it. I just arrow showered them for the push effect to interupt the cast, used a fly wing if there was nothing I could do or spammed healing items (fresh fish or Linvelle stockpile) when it went off. Just burn them down with double strafe as soon as you see them. I did this on a priest, crusader, assasin, hunter x2, blacksmith, and sage that I can remember off the top of my head - none of them were unbearable to the point of not doing it (the sage was close).

#19 MillyBear

MillyBear

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1997 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hey new guy. If you play during server time 4am-11am I can help you finish overlook so you can get that phen. I'll tank everything in there for you.. Let me know. The weird time is Vos I play from India. It's 13h30min ahead of server time

#20 Aervaria

Aervaria

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

Gotcha-- I do need to start working on my gear shortly. Still using the basic Eden equips given, though I've made it relatively painlessly to Hunter now. Worst was having to go to the top of Payon Dungeon to get some Dokkebi Horns for the quest x-x

You can complete it once per character. I didn't have any of this specialized gear when I did it. I just arrow showered them for the push effect to interupt the cast, used a fly wing if there was nothing I could do or spammed healing items (fresh fish or Linvelle stockpile) when it went off. Just burn them down with double strafe as soon as you see them. I did this on a priest, crusader, assasin, hunter x2, blacksmith, and sage that I can remember off the top of my head - none of them were unbearable to the point of not doing it (the sage was close).

Oh awesome! I'll give it a go and see how it turns out. Not sure which other characters I'm going to make at this point, but I'll have to remember to jump on the dungeon when I do make a new one. Did any of the classes finish noticeably easier from your aspect?

Hey new guy. If you play during server time 4am-11am I can help you finish overlook so you can get that phen. I'll tank everything in there for you.. Let me know. The weird time is Vos I play from India. It's 13h30min ahead of server time

Appreciate the gesture! Sadly I'll be at work around those times, looks like we're on opposite timezones. Perhaps on the weekends though. I'll be sure to give you a shout if I ever find myself up around that time, much appreciated!

#21 KhogaN

KhogaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

Gotcha-- I do need to start working on my gear shortly. Still using the basic Eden equips given, though I've made it relatively painlessly to Hunter now. Worst was having to go to the top of Payon Dungeon to get some Dokkebi Horns for the quest x-x

Oh awesome! I'll give it a go and see how it turns out. Not sure which other characters I'm going to make at this point, but I'll have to remember to jump on the dungeon when I do make a new one. Did any of the classes finish noticeably easier from your aspect?

Appreciate the gesture! Sadly I'll be at work around those times, looks like we're on opposite timezones. Perhaps on the weekends though. I'll be sure to give you a shout if I ever find myself up around that time, much appreci

Hunter was the easiest followed by the crusader probably, but by then I was doing it with better gear than I did with the assasin. Also to note you can only enter it up to level 85 I believe then you are locked out, but you can re-enter once you trans if you want. In the eden HQ you can get a free mercenary from the NPC against the far east wall by the NPC that will warp you to Overlook Dungeon - every little bit helps.

#22 Aervaria

Aervaria

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

Hunter was the easiest followed by the crusader probably, but by then I was doing it with better gear than I did with the assasin. Also to note you can only enter it up to level 85 I believe then you are locked out, but you can re-enter once you trans if you want. In the eden HQ you can get a free mercenary from the NPC against the far east wall by the NPC that will warp you to Overlook Dungeon - every little bit helps.

Good to know!

I've been cruisin through levels thanks to all the great advice so far, just got to 65 and changed to hunter not long ago! (Almost didn't, got bugged in the quest room at first lol) and wow-- Groves were a huge boon in leveling and great money, along with the heal items! Given that, I'll start looking at tackling Overlook soon so I can cash in on the phen soon.

Finished my last Eden equip quest (or that I know of on the wiki) and geared up with those. Going forward towards trAns, should I look out for any other gear? I know the White Wing is on my radar for end equips, but anything I should think about grabbing now? The Eden ones have been great, but perhaps I can get better?

#23 momolyn

momolyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:00 AM

Hello! Sorry for interrupting, but I am making my first ranger as well and I was curious about what you just said. Did I get this right: there is a free stat reset after trans? Where can I find this NPC?

I'm hoping to get my sniper to 99 soon and I initially wanted to do an Arrow Storm/Auto Warg hybrid. But I can't seem to find a lot of info regarding that build, so I am considering doing a reset (since I've already invested in AGI) and going Pure AS.

#24 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

There's no free stat reset (apart from when you rebirth). The NPC *might* be put in for Christmas (like last year) or for the level update (maybe, dunno, people are asking for it), but if you want to reset stats now you'll have to use reset stones.

#25 momolyn

momolyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:32 AM

There's no free stat reset (apart from when you rebirth). The NPC *might* be put in for Christmas (like last year) or for the level update (maybe, dunno, people are asking for it), but if you want to reset stats now you'll have to use reset stones.

Oh okay. I guess I'll just have to wait and see before buying stones then. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users