Play Ragnarok Online on Web Browser - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Play Ragnarok Online on Web Browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HomerSimpson2406

HomerSimpson2406

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hello

I've stumbled on -snip- which enables people to play Ragnarok using just web browsers. I've tried to use it with their test server and it is very good with almost all the effect features available. I will post the screenshots upon logging in and playing.

I think it can extend the Ragnarok community because people won't have to download the whole client. I hope any RO staffs here can see this and it'll be good if they can implement the iRO sever on this web Ragnarok.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 06 December 2014 - 03:47 AM.
Removing name & screenshots

#2 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Edited by iDaehyun, 05 December 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

Not going to happen.

It would fine if it were developed specifically for iRO and other official RO servers by their respective communities (so long as Gravity was okay with it), but -snip- also functions as a client for private servers, and the devs are by no means unaware of that. Rather, they endorse it.

Gravity would have to do it in-house. jRO already has a web component in that you can't even start the client without accessing the jRO GungHo homepage, so I guess the framework (or at least the ability to call the client) exists, but good luck getting them to put in additional dev time to make a web-based service a viable alternative.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 06 December 2014 - 05:55 AM.
removing service name

#4 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

Interesting suggestion but keep in mind mentioning websites that offer dedicated services to illegal RO servers or those that promotes illegal RO servers is not allowed on forums. Taking screenshot from illegal servers and posting them here is not allowed either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users