Thanks a lot, you mean people! - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thanks a lot, you mean people!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Freya1984

Freya1984

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

I thought I would like playing this game, but so far nobody has offerered to help me figure out how to move or kill things, or complete quests. :p_sad:

#2 Freya1984

Freya1984

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF STUCK UP JERKS!!!! :p_ang:  :p_ang:  :p_ang:

#3 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

based on your nickname, i'm assuming you're from Freyja server.. am I right?
why don't you try Odin server? Freyja server is new, if you want a more helping community, try Odin.. we have a lot of bored/willing to help/has a lot of free time/ slacking around/ nothing to do/ knowledgeable veterans and/or old players there..  :p_smile:

And also consider the time of your login, that time might be dead hour, or happy hour(HH), or maybe WoE or Colo.. People usually ignore people asking for help during those time, or they usually tell them to wait til the said event has ended.. those only last for a couple of minutes or hour.. Another thing, if you spammed with or without caps ON, people will surely ignore you, or even block you..
If you need help or answers to your questions, just ask nicely and you will be answered nicely..

P.S. I'm not saying Freyja has a bad community or whatsoever.

#4 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

PM me in game ign: RedZorg

i help you when i'm online but all those stuff that you asked should be in any ro2 guide.

search internet first

#5 Innocenzio

Innocenzio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

I thought I would like playing this game, but so far nobody has offerered to help me figure out how to move or kill things, or complete quests. :p_sad:

Post this from the Official Ragnarok Online 2 website,  yeah.. I'm a jerk. 

http://playragnarok2...eyboardControls

#6 Cailen

Cailen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

Often times, people are unwilling to help others who do not help themselves first. A little googling would have taught you all the basics of playing RO2. Furthermore, Freya's public chat is a joke. Everyone I know has it turned off because it is used as a trade chan. If you are using that to ask for help, I'm sorry; no one is going to help you until GMs do something about that.

As a suggestion, try whispering people by typing /w NameOfPerson in your chat bar. If you're polite (and patient), people are more than likely to help you.

#7 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

I'm honestly surprised that you didn't think of checking that stuff on your own.. you know, like pressing Esc and shortcut keys to see how to move, there are in-game tips that explain how to quest.

There's a lot of stuff that might need external explanation like using pets/dna; clicking on your quests to see the objectives in the map, or right clicking the chat tabs to filter them and keep them clean. But those things you mentioned are like the most basic of any game ever. If you can't click to move, you try arrows, if not arrows, WASD. 99% of games move like that.

Same for the attacks, you might not know that right click uses auto-attack and left click selects mobs.. but you have a skill bar below, at least you can figure out how to use those, right? (and then again, clicking mobs is like the first time you should try in these games)

I may sound like an ^_^ in this post but you really can't expect a better reaction when you call other players "Stuck up jerks" for not giving you basic info of the game that you could get .. you know, reading these forums maybe.

#8 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

I'm pretty sure... 100% sure... Lv 1-5 is tutorial. It literally teaches you the basics (how to move, skill, loot, do all those rubbish). 

#9 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

I'm pretty sure... 100% sure... Lv 1-5 is tutorial. It literally teaches you the basics (how to move, skill, loot, do all those rubbish). 

:sob:

#10 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

if you can't even figure out how to play on your own, then you're not worth helping. don't call people jerks just because you're lazy. 

#11 Innocenzio

Innocenzio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

if you can't even figure out how to play on your own, then you're not worth helping. don't call people jerks just because you're lazy. 

What you said and your forum signature went together flawlessly.

#12 7397141015204128823

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

Oh look!

http://www.playragna...news/article/50

A guide for newbies how to walk and attack and loot and about quests and and so much more! We definitely need this kind of guide! And wow! It can be found in the main site!

But seriously guys, I think we just fed a troll.

#13 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

What you said and your forum signature went together flawlessly.

LOL!!! This just made my day!!!!

#14 Sirceye

Sirceye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

wth hahahaha

#15 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

So...roughly 5 minutes between his/her posts ...that doesn't even give time for anyone to even reply to you.

#16 PeachMilkTea

PeachMilkTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

There are a lot of people who will help in Odin O:

But you really should try the game out on your own or with friends to get the hang of it instead of having someone carry you though.

#17 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

What kind of gamers do we have nowadays...in my days(15 years ago) i had to learn all by myself and Internet was rare and expensive. Now people has to offer you help to have a chance on games.

TIPS:

1- Smash your keyboard and eventually you will move.

2- Use your Mouse, that hardware is kinda useful, you know.

3- Panic button: If you see you're dying and you have no potions to heal up; press Ctr + Alt + Del or Alt F4.

If anything, turn off your screen or ask for help to mommy/daddy.

Keep calm, is just a game.

#Gameishard

Edited by Vau, 09 December 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#18 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

Vau you made my night XD

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

What kind of gamers do we have nowadays...in my days(15 years ago) i had to learn all by myself and Internet was rare and expensive. Now people has to offer you help to have a chance on games.

Maybe the OP should've started with Facebook games instead of an MMORPG. Unless those are too hard to comprehend, too!

#20 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

TIPS:

1- Smash your keyboard and eventually you will move.

2- Use your Mouse, that hardware is kinda useful, you know.

3- Panic button: If you see you're dying and you have no potions to heal up; press Ctr + Alt + Del or Alt F4.

If anything, turn off your screen or ask for help to mommy/daddy.

#Gameishard

this made me think to link this lol 

https://www.youtube....h?v=xzpndHtdl9A

#21 Matsuyuki

Matsuyuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

>OP is frustrated and calls everyone mean jerks
>After one or maybe two sensible responses everyone acts like a jerk
>OP never touches the game again

Pretty cool.

#22 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

Pretty cool.

I don't justify people acting like "jerks" but the OP feels more like a troll or like a caveman that spent millions of years frozen in the pole...  considering he couldn't even decide what forum was the right one for the game he was actually playing.

http://forums.warppo...p/#entry1984913

As I said in my post, WASD, Arrows, and clicking everything you see on screen is like the first thing you try in ANY game made since pc games exist. If they couldn't try that on their own and/or browse correctly the forums, and instead came to call us out for being "jerks and not helpful" then that's their problem and we can't really treat him much better than this.

Also, I kinda doubt it will be our fault if the OP never touches the game again. He knew what he was walking into when he started his post insulting people.

#23 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

Pretty cool.

>OP also posted a similar thread in the RO1 forum section the same day: http://forums.warppo...53-i-need-help/
>Not sure if OP is troll or not

[EDIT]: was responding to the quoted post when the person above me posted at the same time xP

Edited by inuko23, 09 December 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#24 Matsuyuki

Matsuyuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

I don't justify people acting like "jerks" but the OP feels more like a troll or like a caveman that spent millions of years frozen in the pole...  considering he couldn't even decide what forum was the right one for the game he was actually playing.

http://forums.warppo...p/#entry1984913

As I said in my post, WASD, Arrows, and clicking everything you see on screen is like the first thing you try in ANY game made since pc games exist. If they couldn't try that on their own and/or browse correctly the forums, and instead came to call us out for being "jerks and not helpful" then that's their problem and we can't really treat him much better than this.

Also, I kinda doubt it will be our fault if the OP never touches the game again. He knew what he was walking into when he started his post insulting people.

Whey I said one or two sensible answers, I was talking about your first answer. Funnily enough.

#25 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:30 AM

What kind of gamers do we have nowadays...in my days(15 years ago) i had to learn all by myself and Internet was rare and expensive.

In my day (too many years ago) there was no internet. Pen and Paper were the tools of the day. :P

You had to read the rule book, do your own math, draw your own character & maps, but I digress...

*keeping calm* :no1:

BTW, if this is NOT a troll post, and you do come back to play... Try Odin server. PM/Mail Kescha...

(to send a mail, right-click on a mailbox in town, left-click the blue buttons 1) mailbox 2) compose a mail.

Address it to Kescha. It costs 10 rupees to 'send' a mail. Sell your potions if you need to; I'll reimburse.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users