Make Use of the Wide Map in Crystal Defenders. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make Use of the Wide Map in Crystal Defenders.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:46 AM

I've been playing CD for a long time now and one thing that i've noticed is that, if not all the time, then most of the time, players have been clashing on the same area again and again, same strategy again and again. How about making the game more "Flexible" (is that the right term? lol) in  way where players will scatter or will be forced to move around a certain area depending on which crystal is spawned and have different strategies.

I say make the crystal move around the battle field in maybe, a 750 MSPD? like for example in the first crystal, make it move around in circles in that House at the middle and make the crystal immune to slows. What do you guys think?

#2 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:34 AM

There is a section called purposals and suggestions, why do people not understand that this isn t the place for suggestions?

#3 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:21 AM

Would be a good idea, turn the crystal defender a bit more "challenger"

Also, make use of the purposals and suggestions section.  :heh:

#4 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

There is a section called purposals and suggestions, why do people not understand that this isn t the place for suggestions?

You two made me giggle. Thanks for that. It's PROPOSALS. :heh:

#5 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

You two made me giggle. Thanks for that. It's PROPOSALS. :heh:

Well, I even do mistakes with my main language, mind what I do trying to speak english?

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#6 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

i intentionally posted this in the ROSE community chat because basing from views and replies it is where most of the people visit :heh:  well ok sorry, i'm gonna use the proper section now... but dem purposals though. now let's go back to the topic?  :p_smile:

#7 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

like a levitating crystal? hahah

for starters, i don't think there's a problem with the spatial use. the rules are to defeat/defend the crystal, people will inevitably congregate around it and areas leading up to it. having it move around would probably serve the defending team more than attackers, because the melee classes will take longer to damage the crystal if they have to chase it. and why should it be immune from slow? it's not immune from heals or other debuffs. mspeed down would help the attacking team too. 

draconis peaks offers a lot of movement and space use, even akram arena has slightly more spatial use with different crystals spawn in different areas, but they're not as popular as cd

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:35 AM

There's a difference between a proposal, which is generally an already formed idea, and starting a discussion to get a proposal built. The OP doesn't seem to know what he wants, other then he wants something more intricate. So I see nothing wrong with people discussing features or implementation potentials for enhance the mode, then submitting it as an official proposal. It's what I generally do, just not typically on the forums. 

I'd already also started a thread on this same topic that incorporated bombs + healing crystals as a side objective. 

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

Of course the thread gets moved regardless, typical. 

#10 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

I bet if the topic title was like "Crystal Defenders Map Range Usage" then you will not be complaining.

#11 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

who the ff cares? of all the replies to this thread only one post is on topic, mine. the rest of you too busy pretending to be mods

Edited by Squipy, 14 December 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

who the ff cares? of all the replies to this thread only one post is on topic, mine. the rest of you too busy pretending to be mods

Go ahead an pat yourself on the back for that :) 

#13 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

No one visits the Proposals & Suggestions section. Ideas that have the potential to become great are wasted and forgotten. Ideas,not matter how great, with not enough feedback, are sometimes ignored. Fact.

Edited by bl0b, 15 December 2014 - 12:24 AM.

#14 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:24 AM

No one visits the Proposals & Suggestions section. Ideas that have the potential to become great are wasted and forgotten. Ideas,not matter how great, with not enough feedback, are sometimes ignored. Fact.

i do visit the  Proposals & Suggestions section, but i only reply when i find it interesting. but i agree good ideas get forgotten by devs or they dont have enough feedback. thats sad :p_sad: .

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:41 AM

Did someone say Proposals & Suggestions?

#16 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:03 AM

Holy mother of... what happened to my post

#17 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:54 AM

Holy mother of... what happened to my post

sorry dude :)

well ok i'll share my idea. That is if i have any! LOL jk.

but personally i think that making the crystal move around in will not force the players to scatter and use the wide CD map because the crystal is just too tough, making it move around will only benefit the defenders because for defenders their goal is to just keep killing the enemy while the attackers need to kill the enemy and kill the xtal.

So if its moving, even if attackers have a team for destroyng the xtal, the defenders can just lock up the FS of the attackers and completey ignore the xtal because they know it will not die that easily because its just too tough and we all know that if w/o FS you get wiped.

i'm not in a mood yet to think about how we can make-use of the wide map of CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users