A new archer needs help! - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A new archer needs help!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

Hello, few days ago I have downloaded "Ragnarok" and today I was able to level up my hero up until job choosing. After some thinking I made a choice - I want to be an archer. So I went to that teacher's room and she gave me bow, a lot of arrows and some armor, but the problem is that I have no idea of how to use bow! I was in need of higher level to use bow and after I killed some monsters and got base level 4 (that is needed for bow) I tried to equip a bow and attack monsters, but my character just walked near monster and did nothing! Maybe there is a "special" way to equip arrows? Keyboard shortcut? Any help would be good!

Sorry if it is really basic question, but I am completely new with "Ragnarok"...

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:09 AM

drag and drop arrows to your equip window or hotkey the arrows...either one works

#3 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:18 AM

Thank you! This really helped me! I never knew such an window existed... Another question if you don't mind: should I use arrows that archers' teacher gave to me? They seems to be quite powerful so I think it would be better to sell them off? And some tips about archers would be great too!

#4 Tett

Tett

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

to go jane NPC at izlude bridge lv 1 to 99 for 1hr & 30mins only.  (in next maintenance there's a chance they remove this.)

#5 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:39 AM

Thank you! This really helped me! I never knew such an window existed... Another question if you don't mind: should I use arrows that archers' teacher gave to me? They seems to be quite powerful so I think it would be better to sell them off? And some tips about archers would be great too!

no advice i can give about archers... never played em

#6 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:10 AM

Don't sell them, keep them.

There are alot monsters that weak to fire, while silver arrows are useful for undead.

#7 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

you don't really need to worry about gears until you get to third class. this means you can get to 99/50 as a hunter, rebirth and then get to 99/70 as a sniper just using the gears you get from eden. The janeway npc that helps you get to 99/50 as a pre-transcendent class also gives you some of the eden gears as well.

fire arrows and silver arrows are fine and not worth selling off. just sell off whatever loots you get from using the arrows to kill stuff :P

#8 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

Well, I am unsure about prices... I got nearly full inventory bag and I have no idea what every item is worth (Sure I got only materials for who-knows-what so it might be not even good for selling...) How you base prices? Maybe there is city where selling materials is faster work? 

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

since janeway is in, it's not hard to make a merchant and get level 10 overcharge so you can get that extra 25% or so selling items to npc. if you want to make 100% sure you can check out ragial.com to see if other players may be interested in some of the loot you have. as an archer you may also want to hold onto some items for free arrow crafting materials:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Arrow_Crafting

#10 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:29 AM

I think I skipped something because I don't know where is NPC merchant! Maybe you could help me out and say on which city it is? As far as I know now there is a way to sell items for people, but NPC? That is amazing!

#11 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

there's npcs in each city that you can sell your stuff to. usually there are guards in town that can point out where the weapon/armor dealers are, or where the tool shop is. tool shop generally also sells arrows too so you can replenish your ammo there as well.

by default your mini map should also have icons indicating weapon/armor/tool dealers. you can click(or right-click, i forget) and icon on the mini map to get a navigation path highlighted in game for you.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

I think I skipped something because I don't know where is NPC merchant! Maybe you could help me out and say on which city it is? As far as I know now there is a way to sell items for people, but NPC? That is amazing!

You can find shop NPCs in pretty much any town. Tool shops NPCs are most common, but you can also sell items to weapon shop NPCs and food NPCs. Basically any NPC you buy stuff from can also buy stuff from you (pretty much all MMORPGs have this). NPCs will buy certain things from you at half the price you bought from them, but buying monster drops from you will vary with each item.

There will be icons on your minimap that you can click on to get to certain shops. Tool shops are indicated by a potion bottle and weapon shops are indicated by a sword.

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

hey thanks zero! it's almost like you have my posts on ignore or something. :P

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

hey thanks zero! it's almost like you have my posts on ignore or something. :P

I added details. :U

#15 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

Thank you! Yesterday I watched some youtube videos and one guy said that grinding spores and getting strawberries is really profitable and good way to level up until level 15, but I am already level 15 and got a little bored with spores... Which map would have a chance to drop items that are easy to sell (I made quite a big profit from leveling with spores) and is good for 15/19 archer to level up? Personally I enjoy killing mobs for loot a lot more than just grinding for xp... 

I want to thank both, ZeroTigress and Necrohealic for explaining me how to sell items for NPCs :-)

#16 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:59 AM

Poison spores is your next step if you want money. Bigfoot, smokies or ant egg if you want pure progression.

#17 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:39 AM

And while hunting poison spores what item I need to look for? A card? But data base says that it is extremely rare and other items are not worth anything! (I am in Chaos server)

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

poison spores are used by alchemists in some of their crafting. you can check ragial.com to see if anyone has set up a buy shop (similar to what you've undoubtedly seen for strawberries in payon), and then sell the poison spores to those players. don't npc the poison spores.

don't forget to pick up the bounty boards in payon, geffen, prontera; all 3 of these cities contain bounty boards appropriate for your level. the eden group also has quests for your char up through level 140 so be sure to pick those up as well. the eden group quests may give some consumables in addition to exp, but the town bounty boards give you exp and around 50,000 zeny per turn in so that's cold hard cash without even needing to sell any loots.

#19 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

I have already finished all bounty quests at payon town for level 1-10, it was kind of challenging because I needed to find 150 tree monsters (do not remember name, my bad) and there was nearly none mobs in their spawning map! But reward was kind of good, I looted 50 strawberries from snakes and spores +about 100k Zeny as bounty award and that weird thing called "Eden Merid Badge", but it was too hard for me to go and do second time... Maybe there are some tricks to find monsters faster? 

I will try to hunt some poison spores now, what should I do after I get to level 30 for example? Maybe there is a guide for what is the best thing to hunt on certain levels? I would appreciate link if there is one!

#20 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

just keep following the bounty boards in the respective towns: payon, geffen, prontera all have bounty boards from the 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, and 61-80 range. you should be fine just going off of those, and the boards ony include monsters who have a high number of spawns. you were likely not on the proper maps for the mobs you were hunting.

check out the database at divine-pride.net and the latest monster spawn updates from the official ragnarok site to make sure you are on the right map for hunting:

http://www.playragna...aspx?id=262&p=1

HOWEVER, currently the janeway npc is also in izlude, so you can get a free 99/50 just doing her quests as a pre-transcendant character. this way you can skip the grinding and bounty boards and such until you rebirth. i'd suggest getting 99/50s in all your slots and then figuring out what you want to do from there.

Eden merit badges can be turned in for various items. you are only awarded EMBs when you do the full turn in of a bounty board (all quests at once), so you should try to do that if you wish to stock up on EMBs.

http://irowiki.org/w...den_Merit_Badge

the irowiki is also a good source of information for many things; remember to look in the renewal section only as you are playing renewal.

#21 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

Thank you for amazing links Necrohealic!

Just now I got level 45/40 and was thinking about getting other job, my main choices are sniper or hunter since I want to get ranger job at the very end, but which one is better? Sniper or hunter? Since I don't have a V.I.P. it seems a bit too hard to get to Juno for sniper job... 

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

sniper is the transcendent class for hunters. if you want to eventually become a ranger you would need to become a hunter first. you could then choose to rebirth and become a sniper, or you can skip that and go straight from hunter to ranger.

#23 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

I have already finished all bounty quests at payon town for level 1-10, it was kind of challenging because I needed to find 150 tree monsters (do not remember name, my bad) and there was nearly none mobs in their spawning map! But reward was kind of good, I looted 50 strawberries from snakes and spores +about 100k Zeny as bounty award and that weird thing called "Eden Merid Badge", but it was too hard for me to go and do second time... Maybe there are some tricks to find monsters faster?
I will try to hunt some poison spores now, what should I do after I get to level 30 for example? Maybe there is a guide for what is the best thing to hunt on certain levels? I would appreciate link if there is one!

This is kind of an old tool, but it still works:
http://db.irowiki.or...monster-search/
What you want to do is keep searching for monsters that are between under 4 lvl and over 15 lvl range of your current level, and kill the ones you most efficiently can.

Make sure to class change after you hit job level 40-50, before you complete the Janeway training.

The trick to get quick kills is to tag but don't kill a mob, build a big herd, and clear a lot of them out at once using AOE skills like arrow shower, for example. Also, you get credited for partymates' kills so party to get kills faster.

EMBs allow you to trade and earn some cash shop items.

#24 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

Maybe there is a way to get some kind of free V.I.P. portal ticket? For me walking to Hugel town by hand seems to be a huge and tiring day long work... Or maybe there are some kind of consumable that could teleport me to there?

#25 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:11 AM

there is a warper named Keiki in the cross streets of lower left quadrant of Prontera who warps to Juno. Then, the Kafra in Juno warps to Hugel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users