• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationATL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

-Permanent AL3 turn ins.
Population was 1000+ then.

-Make seal rolling require 50 quests(half).

-Move WoE 2.0 to a weekday.

-Actually advertise for Classic

These are just the obvious things to me.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

-Permanent AL3 turn ins.

It would have to stay forever and alternatives need to be put in.

I don't understand why? More players are needed and just flooding the server with the 10+ god sets that leader have in storage will put people off joining, not make them want to.

Friday was way better

#3 Kazaa

Kazaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

Please save classic

#4 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:13 AM

-Permanent AL3 turn ins.

These are just the obvious things to me.

- Permanent multiple turn ins.
- Put old lucky box items to kafra shop permanently. Limited time offers are not newb friendly.
- Stop changing spawn locations and drops, just increase or decrease them. This is classic, not custom pserver.
- Hunt some bots.
- Ban RMTers and delete their hibrams.
- Party/Self buff scrolls are OP, don't put them into boxes.

- You can buff VIP benefits a little bit.

Listen to your community. http://blog.pickcrew...ning-community/

#5 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

- Permanent multiple turn ins. Yes
- Put old lucky box items to kafra shop permanently. Limited time offers are not newb friendly. Yes
- Stop changing spawn locations and drops, just increase or decrease them. This is classic, not custom pserver. Yes
- Hunt some bots. Yes
- Ban RMTers and delete their hibrams. -_- Yes
- Party/Self buff scrolls are OP, don't put them into boxes. They make Priests useless so Yes and no Sniper or Smith scrolls either pls

- You can buff VIP benefits a little bit. Meh

#6 kr1sz0r

kr1sz0r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Locationfield of fate

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:05 AM

wipe

#7 Orenda

Orenda

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

I am here just a short time, compared to others.

- I miss a good event team which is placed just for classic. To make the broadcast a bit more lifely with daily/weekly events.

- Adjust the castle drops. Like exhange all the silk robe's, muffler's etc with some gear, which is actually beeing used.

- BG KVM mode. This was a function on pre-renewal so it could be also on classic.

- Make like a vip room? (or any higher status)

- Why not mix Woe 1 and 2 like on other severs? So it's at the same time.

- There should be more guild related events like RWC fights etc.

- Maybe we can make a castle limit during woe for guilds. (so also small guilds are able to get an end castle and the woe is not owned by 3-4 big guilds who own all castles)

Edited by Orenda, 17 December 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#8 Zoso

Zoso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

I just want them to fix some basic problems. I'm not into all the elaborate pserver style changes.

They should just focus on the basic issues: Lack of new players & woe is boring.

My thoughts on seal rolling is people already did the work and got the pieces why require 100 quests to finish when at almost any given time there are 200 active players online.

#9 Orenda

Orenda

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:58 AM

But other guilds also manage to make their gods.

#10 Zoso

Zoso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

Let's just forget the seals thing. Now that the shiny distraction is gone...
It would be really easy to implement al3 turnins. Also, there are a lot of free ways to advertise for Classic but really a portion of funds from wp purchases should be invested in advertising. Like every successful business/game does.

Edited by Zoso, 18 December 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#11 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

I have a 99 Hwiz with all pre renewal gear and items on it. It shouldn't be difficult to move over to Classic. I'm all for it with restrictions of course. Save classic, the people will come back.

#12 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

Some ideas of what I/some of us want:

1. Permanent AL3 Turns-in

2. Cheaper BMx3 KP

3. Pvp events/rewards

4. Twice woe per week

Cheers

#13 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:28 PM

The super novice event woe was really fun hope we see that again

#14 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

u have to know dat ragnarok especially classic is a really really old game. most players are not newbie in game.u should focus on high level event such as dragon TI,new challenge dungeons/maps.

#15 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

- Permanent multiple turn ins. We can do this pretty easily. If you or others have suggestions for the next TI please post it. 
- Put old lucky box items to kafra shop permanently. Limited time offers are not newb friendly. We can do this. If there are items you want to see sooner please note which ones
- Stop changing spawn locations and drops, just increase or decrease them. This is classic, not custom pserver. Fair enough, I can focus on increases or decreases
- Hunt some bots. The GMs are ramping up bot hunting so we're helping with training them for max efficiency. If their workload eases I might get a Airstrike thread for classic put up. 
- Ban RMTers and delete their hibrams. We've been working with the GMs to identify and remove RMT gear. 
- Party/Self buff scrolls are OP, don't put them into boxes. I'll recommend this to Campitor. If you have alternative consumables you'd like to see instead please post!

- You can buff VIP benefits a little bit. Suggestions?

I am willing to listen, I know that I don't have a great track record on being able to keep focused on these things but suggestions like these are fairly simple and painless for us to accomplish in the short term. 

#16 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

Work on your in game advertisements. You implemented the shouts every couple of hours but they're rarely updated and old spotlights can be left on there for months after they're gone.

For example: Janeway went in last week and almost nobody knows about it, only the people who read the forums are aware of its existence. It's hidden off to the side in Izlude, there's absolutely NOTHING steering people towards it. This may be intentional because it still needs a lot of fine tuning.

You could have had any of the following up over the last month or so:

Double exp (hell advertise that its going to leave next week and encourage people to make use of it)

Current spotlight

Christmas quest

New Year quest

Dragons

Janeway

Nidhogg

#17 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

What I wish we would have on Iro Classic.

Healthy competition based on fun. And not on hate. Event woes like super novice was cool even tho not many people were participating. I believe people in community have the wrong state of mind since a long time. And this is why there is so much cheating. Trying to manage a war based on hate, is something I wouldn’t do if I was GM. I would just remove the whole woe at this point. This is just bad for any people playing as they will become more agressive on the long term, and agressive people just do anything, they are out of range.  Finding a solution to that, is quite hard, I feel like ennemies should just play together to have a common goal or something and understand that in fact everyone just want to have a good time in game. Playing with this state of mind would definely be good for the server future

In order to have fun in an old game you need to relearn the game on a new perspective.

Why only Woe is challenging. GM you have the power to bring interesting stuff in the game. You can make challenge dungeons you can create map. It would be fairly easy to bring some new challenge in game just by adding stuff that exist already in the game. Nude Challenge dungeon ? All gears disabled, only consumables work. Instanced dungeon for newbie with some stuff like vocal/vagabond wolf ? You could even take example on the old izlude arena I think it was good stuff. 

If you can’t recreate instance stuff maybe you could just re-use scripts like for a BG waiting room. Or just make like 4-5 map of the same thing. Im pretty sure you can manage to come up with something.

Instanced Nightmare dungeons (no mean of resurection / teleport) Could just take every existing dungeon with an MVP and put that in, with some basic changes. Example : Payon Dungeon nightmare instance, 1st floor, you put some zombie master and hyeguns, second floor you put ragged zombie and skeleton general, 3rd floor, ragged zombie, zombie slaughter, 4st 1 Ghostring, Necromancer, penomena, Banshee. Last floor Moonlight flower, and a bit of everything. Then once the quest is over you give some special reward. Maybe you could even put that people must kill all monsters in order to proceed to next level. (If you do so, you disable dead branch, bloody branch, hocus pocus, and polymorph).

Class specific Area, why not doing a whole place that only super novice can enter, and need to party.
The Janeway event could have send player to new maps with the current monster they needed to kill, with a possibility to bring a party with him. (like an option on the npc to join your team leader or something). That would have probably make people participate a lot more into helping those newbies. Or even see a group of newbie helping each other. 

The weapons reward from Janeway event is not good enough, people have all the same problem when they finish those quests, they have a good level but they are gearless and don’t know really how to make zeny. à GSB alter-effect. Of course there is rental gears in kafra shop but if you compare what a Vali manteau worth compared to an immunised rental muffler, It would be a lot more cheap for the new player to sell KP and buy a Vali manteau. That stuff should be available for them already through the janeway event. New player are not interested to spend cash in the game when they first arrive in. Keep them on the server for a long time and they will spend some.

Some basic stuff I feel that should be possible rewards for new players in quests and with a degree of difficulty : Celebrant Mittens (easy), Pantie (Easy), Undershirt (easy), Vali Manteau (medium), Fricco Shoes (medium), Unslotted Glove/Brooch (Medium), Apple Of archer (Medium), Goibne Set (Medium-Hard). Elemental Weapons (medium).

Point out direction to newbies where they could go after level 70, if all those newbie would know they can get some gears in battleground at level 70. It would be really great for them.

Put KVM on and remove weapons rewards and ring reward for now. For the delay make it happen when you click the npc at the end of the match (no screen loading delaying to bypass delay). For the room bug just remove one room and make all player go on the same room. This way people won’t abuse the commit suicide bug in KVM. And will need to actually kill people to get reward. Then wait until we find a fix for other possible bug I dont know myself. Dont forget to reset kvm medal on people if there is some abnormal issue. Just checking out often each week how many medal there is would be already fine I think.

And please remove those OP guardian from flavius, it is the only reason why people dont want to fight each other both team have to put effort to kill guardians because they are too long to kill and too strong. Talking for those new players there. Or you can just completely remove flavius and let people do tierra.

Make tierra give more medal than flavius.

Improving BG to make it more active im pretty sure, you can improve the reward based on the amount of player dying and the amount of time spent into a fight. It might a bit of work but it would be a really cool thing. Or even better, make a BG room with no MVP/Miniboss card / God item use and no consumables.

Improve rewards on most of quests. About 90% of quests in ragnarok doesn’t worth the time and effort. Would be nothing to make some hugel medals rewards and put them tradable. Or make another kind of points system if you think bot are gonna exploit this.

There is some event quest you could leave in. I liked the pirate treasure thing. And it wasn’t game breaking.

Bring new enchant to the game that can improve current gears so you can create a bit more rarity, something like additive enchant with a chance to break. +10 HP per enchant or +1 atk or other stuff. Make lower stuff easier to enchant and high stuff harder
Organised pvp, its being prepared I think, hopefully community will respond well to this.

Incentive for player to make videos, and maybe put a weekly Ragnarok video on main warpportal website ? Im not experienced into advertising stuf but im pretty sure something can be work out

Put a way to purchase :1 day – 1 week VIP. Many people are interested in that.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

Healthy competition based on fun. And not on hate. Event woes like super novice was cool even tho not many people were participating. I believe people in community have the wrong state of mind since a long time. And this is why there is so much cheating. Trying to manage a war based on hate, is something I wouldn’t do if I was GM. I would just remove the whole woe at this point. This is just bad for any people playing as they will become more agressive on the long term, and agressive people just do anything, they are out of range.  Finding a solution to that, is quite hard, I feel like ennemies should just play together to have a common goal or something and understand that in fact everyone just want to have a good time in game. Playing with this state of mind would definely be good for the server future

Who plays WoE based on hate? :p_swt: That's actually really detrimental. And yes, that can led to cheating.

You should tell your guildleader what you posted here, I know we've tried for a long time to push for communication to make a more funner atmosphere for people

#SamsForValkyriePresident

#19 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

I agree with pretty much everything in Sams' post. I don't think the complex instanced dungeons would be possible, but aside from that +1!

I would especially like to see the KVM map become usable, a better unfarmable BG implemented, and new (hopefully not super OP) enchants added.

#20 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

Well people do need to start being nicer to each other even in antagonist guilds.

People need to stop using ndl, auto pot, and getting mayap effect w/o card/item or editing grf sprites in WoE. 

WoE 2 castles and econ needs to be altered in some way, possibly making Okolnir runs consume all the econ on a castle too.

1.0 God quest needs to be looked at again.

Can't be like tf2 and give us a new hat a month and expect us to all be happy. Well some of us would be happy. Spare Card and Slotted Hibiscus please. :<

I'm still deciding on the hugel medals becoming tradable thing but I'm leaning on them not being tradable.  If we get spare card then it isn't necessary if not then maybe. 

Mods actually need to get more involved with discussions on these topics, wouldn't hurt to block the people that don't bring anything to the discussion. Aka the dicks that decide to follow and troll users.

Edited by HikariYari, 20 January 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#21 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

People need to stop using ndl, auto pot, and getting mayap effect w/o card/item or editing grf sprites in WoE.

These people need to be dealt with and "Banned for 30 days" and slapping the guild the player was in with a warning. Multiple offences should just break up the guild.

Edited by HikariYari, 20 January 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#22 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

Mods actually need to get more involved with discussions on these topics, wouldn't hurt to block the people that don't bring anything to the discussion. Aka the dicks that decide to follow and troll users.

Nuuu don't block me.

#23 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:16 AM

I have a 99 Hwiz with all pre renewal gear and items on it. It shouldn't be difficult to move over to Classic. I'm all for it with restrictions of course. Save classic, the people will come back.

This would be helpful for those of us who came back to what is basically a completely different game. I'm not sure a straight transfer is possible (I would assume the data format is changed between Classic and Renewal, unless Classic is just a Renewal server with a custom ruleset?), but maybe they could just add custom-tailored copies of the characters directly to the Classic database and then delete the old characters from the Renewal database afterwards?

I'm thinking that you could have a limited-time signup (and ADVERTISE IT; give the event a name like "Back To Classic" or something like that and buy some adspace on anime and gaming sites a month or two before the actual start of the event, give people time to see it and go "Sounds cool, maybe I'll come back") with a start date and an end date. People get the opportunity to transfer one character for free, with the option of transferring up to two additional characters for a small fee. The transfer would be a copying of the character's class, levels, equipped items, inventory, and an amount of zeny; if they've migrated to a 3rd class, they're just downgraded to either a transcendent or non-transcendent version of that class, and their level is set to 99 while their job level is set based on existing skill points. The transfer would have some rules and restrictions, of course, mostly to help protect the market and item pool of the Classic server:

- There must be available character slots on the Classic server for the account in order to complete the transfer.

- Characters signed up for the event will have a set weight limit for the duration; this is more to give non-Strength classes a chance to carry a good amount of items over.

- Zeny transferred is limited to 10,000 zeny per base level for each character, so a level 99 character can transfer a grand total of 990,000 zeny on a character.

- No loose cards are to be transferred. Normal cards that are already slotted into gear are permitted. MVP cards are barred altogether.

- Certain gear is ineligible for transfer. This mostly relates to God items, but the community probably has some ideas of what gear shouldn't be allowed to make it onto the server in large quantities.

- Alchemist/Creator classes with a Homunculus will receive a new one of their choice. Those with a Homunculus S will get a normal one with max Loyalty.

- Kafra Storage will not be transferred.

- Marriages will not be retained, but a voucher will be given to the character to acquire the needed items.

- Feel free to come up with more ideas here!

Once the signups have concluded and the transfers have been completed, I would also suggest offering lapsed accounts of at least 2 years a little incentive: 30 days free of VIP service on the Classic Server Only, and maybe a small gift as a "Welcome Back" thing. Nothing fancy: a couple of Battle Manuals or something to that effect, maybe a headgear.

This campaign would give players an opportunity to get at least some of their characters off of the Renewal server and back onto a server that is more to their liking, and may persuade people to return to the game. They won't have all their stuff, but they'll at least have the stuff that matters to them and won't be helpless on arrival.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

#24 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:08 AM

I am willing to listen, I know that I don't have a great track record on being able to keep focused on these things but suggestions like these are fairly simple and painless for us to accomplish in the short term. 

Multiple Turn Ins:
Think about all classes, that's why we need multiple TIs. Thanatos Tower, Bio 3, Ice Dungeon, Abyys Lake and Juperos are good places to level characters.

Bio 3 needs rollback to old spawns, you can make all of them demi-human too (Nvm, just old spawns please). That map is ridiculous right now. We went there, leveled a couple of our characters but it's extremely hard. It was the best map to level characters back then, I wanna see big parties again.

You can create a quest chain like janeway but it must be longer and harder and it must carry player to 99. (Pre-Trans only)

Party Play:
Instead of buffing current  exp rates please buff party play. Give more exp if they are sharing exp. This is a social game, if players play with others they'll stay longer and it'll be more profitable for you too.

Kafra Shop Improvement:
Slotted Mids are most important thing right now, just sell them. Ppl won't wait three months to get a sl mid. Put old sl mids to kafra shop, release new sl mids in boxes. When you release a new one put old one to kafra shop again. Some people love cute hats, you'll keep getting money.

Party/Self Buff Scrolls:
They are just insane, we have dex/agi/vit build HPs and they are killing a meta WoE build. You can give endow scrolls instead of blessing/agility scrolls if you want a replacement.

Vip Buffs:
Endow NPC: 15-20 min endow, player must bring required item (Red blood, Wind of Verdure, Crystal Blue or Green Live). Less alt leveling = More time to spend on main character.
Dungeon Teleport: Free level 1 dungeon teleports. You can keep selling other scrolls, level 1 dungeons are enough for newbies.

I'm not asking any of them for myself (except scrolls part), I already have gears, zeny and almost all trans characters. But we were helping to newbies and we saw their problems.

Bonuses:
- Pre-Trans WoE FE (Lots of ppl left after trans-patch, pre-trans is affordable for newbies and all oldschool players likes it.)
- No Gods/MvP Cards WoE SE. (Newbs are scared because of them, even I die instantly to storm gust with my Biochemist...)
- Limited Consumable/Gear PvP Room (I can bring PvP-addict players if we get this one)

Some ideas of what I/some of us want:

1. Permanent AL3 Turns-in

2. Cheaper BMx3 KP

3. Pvp events/rewards

4. Twice woe per week

Cheers

Listen to this guy, he's a new guild leader and pvp active person. He's trying to keep his newb guildies on this server.

Edited by Misos, 22 January 2015 - 03:33 PM.

#25 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

Multiple Turn Ins:
Think about all classes, that's why we need multiple TIs. Thanatos Tower, Bio 3, Ice Dungeon, Abyys Lake and Juperos are good places to level characters.

Bio 3 needs rollback to old spawns, you can make all of them demi-human too. That map is ridiculous right now. We went there, leveled a couple of our characters but it's extremely hard. It was the best map to level characters back then, I wanna see big parties again.

u can use anti-medium shiled in bio3 now. bio3 should be hard enough and good reward.u will lose fun and see many Sinx solo there easily when they all become demi-humen.

its easy for champ+scholar+hp to wipe bio3.
its a good map for hwiz and hp to practise their operation and team work.
sniper+hp is also good but low effiency.
but it will be more dangerous when there are more members in the party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users