How to save classic. - Page 2 - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How to save classic.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

I'm so torn on the bio3 all demi thing.... On one hand omg that would be op as hell on sin

on the other hand that would be op as hell on sin

What they DO need to do, is put teleport back in the 99s AI.

#27 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

The ultimate way to save classic is to have more character progression methods, such as;

- Newer gear

- More stats points / base levels

- More skills points / job levels

- Newer Skills or new combinations of skills on specific classes

- More interactive events (like the pvp tourney, woe, and MvP instances)

- New dungeons.

What if you combined many of these factors to have new quests focused on making  'Demi-God Gear items'?  It could require the completing of event/party based quests to collect the components (like complete the prontera maze, or the geffen races), and then some solo event to complete the item such as defeat x monster.  Then whatever the new gear is, it could temporarily offer stat point, skill point, or skill option progression.

For example; a dancer tames 'Blue Eddga' an event monster and gets a 'cats tail' for a prize.  If she had 5 cats tails she can make a 'mewling whip' which lets her cast 'dispel level 1'.

Or a knight could win a bracer for killing an event MVP, that expires in a week, but gives him +15 strength during that time.

Just food for thought 

#28 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

I would love to have class specific quests that reward gear on classic server. 

#29 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

Incentive for player to make video for each server event. Maybe like a montly video contest or something

#30 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

Incentive for player to make video for each server event. Maybe like a montly video contest or something

Was already planning to do just that! What do you guys think an appropriate prize would be? WPE? In-game items? 

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

brb unmaking all my videos and streams

#32 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

Was already planning to do just that! What do you guys think an appropriate prize would be? WPE? In-game items? 

VIP.

#33 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Was already planning to do just that! What do you guys think an appropriate prize would be? WPE? In-game items

WPE/KP or VIP is enough.

#34 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBeyond where the sun touches
  • Server:The good one wink wink

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

I was about to make a topic asking if was still worth paying for classic.

I want to pay KP on classic but there's no incentive. There's guilds looking for players and all but they just want it for WoE and such. There's no mvp parties anymore (I started a couple of days ago, I'm sorry if I'm being stupid), I don't see leveling parties anywhere. All I can see is bots, bots and bots. There's a lot of people quiting classic because of it.  I don't want to quit classic, I would like to enter a guild where I could level with them, mvp with them and do crazy stuff (in a good way, have fun with it) but there's no incentive to play classic, no incentive to pay on classic.

There's private servers with 2k+ servers (not going to mention names) who also have bots but still are growing. Why an official server don't grow like it? I can't really say it's because of bots because please, 2k+ can't be only bots. We have 500 with 400 bots but it ain't the only problem.

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

That doesn't sound like the classic I play at all.

We mvp everyday (loots go to crowdfunding for more items for people to use and are given to the needy), we have a group of fresh starters levelling every day looking for parties. The lack of levelling parties in general across the server concerns me, but they do exist.... at least where I play.

This video is footage from the last 2 weeks (minus the woe sections, those are old because I didn't wanna make a new woe video), so please don't think all guilds are like that

#36 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

You actually made me look at classic with other eyes. @_@

You actually do everything I was looking for when I get to classic, still, the server needs to grow more, there's almost no one in the server. Like you said, there's no leveling parties (unless guildies/group of people that know each other). :(

@EDIT

btw a good way to bring more players to iro classic is bring the pRO players to there (not the characters, just incentive it)

Edited by UlrichStern, 15 February 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, I play RO like its 2006 and I enjoy it. WoE is a big part of life, but it is part of making the rest of the game more fun.

we just need more population and more people who want to play this way.

+1 pRO, come play with us.

#38 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

Yea, I'd like to bring that back to discussion. I think there's good things in here to take a close look at -the start of the topic-.

There's been a week since someone posted in here and a couple of months it's here. What happend since? :c

#39 patch

patch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

how 2 save classic?

2 suggestions:

1) reset the server. too many gods / milked cards and its just like end game stage ppl fighting in WoE all saiyan..
reset the server and gives everyone a purpose to play again

2)along with this, GET RID OF THORS and never release it EVER! Have you noticed adding thors dungeon nobody is lvling their chara? There's just TKM flying around gaining all the exp which destroys the iRO experience of lvling together with friends in a party

3) maybe not release everything right away..u know how before we had to wait for al3 to come out and with each maint something good came? yea...do that again, cause I'm sure we'd all be playing it over again

4) ban this -snip-, basically ppl are going there cuz they're bored of here...and this is the offic...shouldnt' be allowed to get away with that private server rubbish

5) when that filipino server comes force them to either integrate on to classic or renewal, don't give them their own server...that way our numbers go up

6)make tashiro a best sinx character sprite with gm power

VMod Edit:

Mention of illegal servers is not allowed on forums. This might draw more attention of player than the CM/GM themselves, we cannot have this happen so please be wary next time.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 01 March 2015 - 04:20 AM.
Removed mention of illegal server.

#40 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

how 2 save classic?

2 suggestions:

1) reset the server. too many gods / milked cards and its just like end game stage ppl fighting in WoE all saiyan..

2)along with this, GET RID OF THORS and never release it EVER! Have you noticed adding thors dungeon nobody is lvling their chara? There's just TKM flying around gaining all the exp which destroys the iRO experience of lvling together with friends in a party

3) maybe not release everything right away..u know how before we had to wait for al3 to come out and with each maint something good came? yea...do that again, cause I'm sure we'd all be playing it over again

4) ban this -snip-, basically ppl are going there cuz they're bored of here...and this is the offic...shouldnt' be allowed to get away with that private server rubbish

5) when that filipino server comes force them to either integrate on to classic or renewal, don't give them their own server...that way our numbers go up

6)make tashiro a best sinx character sprite with gm power

I've been thinking about this, this can only be able to do in the renewal server tho. Most of the characters coming are already 3rd class. BUT we can incentive players from pRO to play classic. Spawn events, exp events, drop rate event, help people start on the server (one of the biggest causes why people don't play classic)

Reset the server is a good idea for some time, because if you reset it, there's only a matter of time until people get all the godly and mvp. In other words, if that is a solution you'll be putting a time bomb on every RO server.

About thor, I don't think disable it because of tkm is a good idea, but I do think that they could nerf tkm.

I'd play that all over again.

Reset the server is a good idea for some time, because if you reset it, there's only a matter of time until people get all the godly and mvp.

What do you mean about ban -snip-?

I've been thinking about this, this can only be able to do in the renewal server tho. Most of the characters coming are already 3rd class.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 01 March 2015 - 04:21 AM.
Edited quote, removed illegal server name

#41 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

how 2 save classic?

2 suggestions:

If Classic has to be reset or shut down for any reason, it's probably not coming back. I don't know how people can look at Classic's current population and think that starting over would be good for it, like people are going to just sit there and go "Oh, okay, sure" as months and potentially hundreds of dollars worth of effort either goes away or is transferred over to Renewal, a server they've already decided they won't play on. What makes it sillier is if/when Renewal->Classic transfers become a thing. "Let's shut down Classic...and then transfer all our stuff back anyways. Whoopsie!"

It's funny that, instead of balancing a class so that it can't completely break the game in one particular dungeon, people would advocate removing the content altogether, on a server that's in desperate need of new content so that PvE players don't get bored and leave for the server that's getting a steady stream of new content.

Or WP could pressure kRO for some actual updates, so Classic can get new content instead of rehashing old content or removing existing content in order to make room in the database for challenge dungeons that only high-level players get to enjoy. That might be a consideration.

Gravity/WP don't have the resources to wage legal campaigns against pservs, so they don't bother. I'd rather they spent money on the server.

This is actually a decent idea, and considering we have Janeway and permanent 2x exp and drops, it'd be relatively easy for the new filipino population to get situated on the server. So yeah, sell them on Classic!

#42 netivix

netivix

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

Saving the Classic:

1 - Restart the server;

2 - NPC with reset, that leaves the player at level 99 (who plays a classic server are usually people who played and liked ragnarok this epoch and generally work and study, has no time to level up);

3 - Instead of VIP level to gain faster, sell scrolls of 30 min to pick up loots and cards with % higher (20%) and would lower the chance of finding loot and acrds in the game.

Reduce tho bots, the developer will win sell wpe and distribute scrolls for those who enjoy/share the server on social networks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users