question regarding paris' wings - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

question regarding paris' wings

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Leostra1

Leostra1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

i've seen one with +20 enchanted that has 3k defense and Mdefense and another one also +20 that has 8k defense and Mdefense

so what's causing this?

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

The Rare Black Paris and the Hero White Paris wings. Both are different in defensive stats but are both level 70 back items. That's what I'm assuming is the case with you.

#3 Leostra1

Leostra1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

i couldn't find the other +20 wings anymore, so i used another example

so is the difference in defence just the same as the difference in attack of weapons which eachother? http://i.imgur.com/qvvJpGX.png

#4 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

From the image comparison, when gear gets enchanted beyond +15, it's base (m)atk/(m)def values tend to go up as well. Why +20 Paris Wings show 1.2k base physical defense while the unenchanted legend grade shows only 690 defense.

This is true for both weapons and armor. It's the reason you see such a big spike between +15 and +16's values and onward until +20. Soul Grade is also a factor as artifact/legendary is required for enchanting past +15. For instance, that Legend grade Paris would be around 8900 physical defense at +20.

Paris White Wings are a good example as their defenses are so high already you can actually see the large values it hits when enchanting them really high.

#5 Leostra1

Leostra1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

alright, got it. thanks

#6 pluumy

pluumy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

the original difference you were asking about (3k def and 8k def) might have been caused by enchant shifting. if someone shifts the +20 enchantment of a weaker back item (blizzard muffler for example) to the paris wings, the paris wings will have the same def stats as the +20 blizzard muffler had. 

#7 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

the original difference you were asking about (3k def and 8k def) might have been caused by enchant shifting. if someone shifts the +20 enchantment of a weaker back item (blizzard muffler for example) to the paris wings, the paris wings will have the same def stats as the +20 blizzard muffler had. 

Not sure where you've gotten that information but as far as I know.....a Hero Paris Wing at legend +20 will always be 8k def.

Enchant shifting will never carry the def/mdef or atk/matk over, it will only carry the enchant.

Some extra information - Soul shifting however does carry the exact stat over to the new gear.

The only possible way for that to happen is like CoolSam mentioned, comparing a +20 Rare Paris Wing and a +20 Hero Paris Wing.

There is the possibility of comparing an Advanced +20 Hero Paris Wing to a Legend +20 Hero Paris Wing but even so, I think the def/mdef of Advanced +20 is around ~5-6k.

Edited by Infin1te, 17 December 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#8 Leostra1

Leostra1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

infinite, i provided a link with a picture in my second post/reply. could you take a look at it

#9 pluumy

pluumy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

Not sure where you've gotten that information but as far as I know.....a Hero Paris Wing at legend +20 will always be 8k def.

i know someone who did show me his artifact +20 hero paris wing with 3k def. and he did exactly what i stated as an example in my post. :o 

cant explain it, other than the enchant shifting being the reason for that. 

any thoughts on what might've caused that?

#10 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

i know someone who did show me his artifact +20 hero paris wing with 3k def. and he did exactly what i stated as an example in my post. :o

A +20 Hero Paris wing at Artifact grade is not going to be 3k defense only. Unless it was soul-shifted down to normal but kept it's enchant value and even then it would have over 3k defense.

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

This player has opened a topic with screenshot here http://forums.warppo...s/#entry1997096 with screenshot.

I led him to here because this discussion is still going on here.

I will try to clarify what this causes. I will inform you if I get infos about that.

#12 inopower

inopower

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hey guys guess my wings have made a rocus down here without my notice xD 

and yes i did enchant shift a muffler with my paris wings (white) and got 3k def didnt notice it at first untill someone /w me and asked me why my def was only 3k. I must believe this is a bug cause there is not reason this should happen else this enchant shift is just useless, unless you want to let's say use a blizzard muffler with 8k def cause you give him the paris wings def stats 

#13 oClark

oClark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

[Hero] Paris wing has one of the highest defense at +20 enchantment [level 70]. When shifting enchantment from the first item [armor/weapon] to another, you are shifting the 'enchantment', not the stat of the item you shifted it from. Paris wings have different tier than blizzard muffler so at both +20, Paris>blizzard--defense wise.

Edited by oClark, 18 December 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#14 inopower

inopower

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:14 AM

Well that's the problem if you go to my topic i have the screenshot of my wings and go see for yourself that it shifted the stats to

#15 Ginxt

Ginxt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

This player has opened a topic with screenshot here http://forums.warppo...s/#entry1997096 with screenshot.

I led him to here because this discussion is still going on here.

I will try to clarify what this causes. I will inform you if I get infos about that.

Hi Popcorn,

anything you could find out about his?

I am asking because i am planing to use Enchant Shift on some of my gears and wanted to know if its safe or if

bugs like this could also occur...especially on weapons?

A statement would be appreciated if you found out anything new yet.

Tahnks in advance.

#16 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hi Popcorn,

anything you could find out about his?

I am asking because i am planing to use Enchant Shift on some of my gears and wanted to know if its safe or if

bugs like this could also occur...especially on weapons?

A statement would be appreciated if you found out anything new yet.

Tahnks in advance.

That person's case is the only one I've ever seen or heard of since enchant shifting came out( which was 1 or 2 years ago) you should be safe.

Edited by StormHaven, 27 December 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#17 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

It's strange and unfortunate that this happens on a +20>+20 successful shift, something that happens less than 2% of the time. I've done several shifts to Galaxia from Elga, and know players who've done easily triple or more the enchant shifting I've done. We've all gotten the possible rewards but never have seen a case where the defense value gets shifted.

This is, like Storm said, the first case since Profession's release. Making it a long-time hidden bug that happens.

I would send a ticket to support and see if this is something that can be fixed by them. Because a White Paris Wing only having less than half of it's defense at +20 is definitely a bug from enchant shifting.

#18 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:01 AM

I would also recommend to submit a support ticket as Coolsam already said.

Maybe you can copy the link to this topic into the ticket, so the support team can read this discussion by themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users