Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

So I have done a few bio4 parties, and aside from one, I have mainly placed my role to suit my AW build, so I use a +7 Leo Crown and focus fire Celias before they become too much trouble.

But a few times now I have been told "why not focus AS? parties won't want you".

If a party has more than two rangers, is it really that good to just spam AS? I think the best AS damage comes from coordination and a lot of competent freezers in a party. A ranger can then just let loose with wind arrows and see the damage fly.

No limits does help this even further, but even at level 5, it still only last 30 seconds with 3minutes 30 seconds left before it can be cast again. So once again, even if you had multiple rangers with the same gear, the party is still at risk, unless for whatever reason they all had +12 or higher Thanatos carded BxB.

But the thing is, not everyone does have those weapons available. So is it stupid for me to try and work with my rangers build instead of joining the masses of AS spamming junkies? Just curious and would love to hear from the archer class community :)

Edited by Nirvanna21, 16 December 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#2 Gabohollow

Gabohollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

dunno becuase im not leveling, but No Limits at level 5 last 1 minute and have 4 minutes of cooldown

Edited by Gabohollow, 16 December 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

I hope that before joining parties you make party leaders fully aware that you don't have the arrow storm skill at all and only have warg strike etc.

#4 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

I hope that before joining parties you make party leaders fully aware that you don't have the arrow storm skill at all and only have warg strike etc.

I do have it. It does work, but it is slightly less than those who focus AS as a build.

My issue is when people ask me to AS when multiple rangers are present, it just feels like a waste when the most efficient way of using it is focusing on frozen targets with wind element attacks.

With that said, I always do state when entering a party that I focus fire.

#5 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

I have always been soloing it as a ranger but if you want to help parties then just spam AS. Even if you feel that you are not doing enough damage, it would still help if you cast it where the AoE's are casting. You're role should be support damage(rangers true role) which means you are not really the main killer but a supporter by adding extra damage even though it's not a lot. No limits skill should still boost it. You can also use warg bite to make unwanted mobs teleport. It could save a party members life if you see them at the verge of death and a mob is trying to chase them.
You can always either auto attack, phantasmic arrow/arrow repel or arrow shower when your AS is on cooldown. You can also use frozen arrows to help freeze mobs. You can also just focus on protecting the other support classes in your party like healers by only focusing on the monsters that are attacking them.

Though for auto wargers, it really would be a lot easier to solo it. All it takes is to know what to do.

Edited by Memoir, 17 December 2014 - 02:35 AM.

#6 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

ummm you dont need mvp gears to kill on a ranger on bio, but you need high refined gear to do it tough...our leveling party start with a 150 ranger with a +12 BXB double hydra, and thats it, he had good enchants on the other gear too, but no mvp, a +9 WWS and thats it. He hit super hard with earth endow most of the mob, the only tricky is the randell...oh he had the autumn headband too at +9 with dolomedes...i mean is an expensive gear i know, but far from an mvp gear...when no limit is activated he can one shot most of the mob except rangers at 150...now he is 171 and he can one shot most of the mob qith the same gear...in fact, we test a few days ago (when he was like 169) a SS bow and he hit near a million with proper endow and no limit, so, is bassically overkill. My point is, you dont need mvp cards to hit hard, use no limit, the proper endow and well you need to invest on gears i think. But rangers are far from being pure support dmg.

Again my friend is a pure arrow storm build. Anyway i think that single target damage dealers are equal important than aoe dmg, because rangers die super fast with no limits on, and because you need to clean the mob from the party fast, so ranger, gx or whatever that hit hard on a single target is ok too, if you are a warg ranger you still had a place on well balanced targets, you dont need to be an arrow stormer with super aoe dmg. The thing i like from actual leveling is that every class has a key position (unless you are decked with mvp and stuff, but im talking of regular players like me who doesnt have any mvp).

#7 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

whats AS and AW?

#8 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll