CCDDZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos -> ReStart -> Chaos

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hey guys,

I have read through some of the threads and while it is helpful, I gotta say that the amount of stuff in RO is somewhat overwhelming.

I know some things, but I am practically a newbie.

Anyhow, I have a character that I leveled to Paladin today and am thinking of making him an overbrand RG.

So from what I can gather, the requirement is leech gear: earth deleter armor, vanargand helm, and the like.

I don't know if it was smart, but I bought an earth deleter socketed +4 soul collector's full plate. It was 2.5m compared to 5-6m for the card itself. Was this actually a bad decision?

Also, I am thinking of getting a zombie slaughter card to put in some shoes. Would it be a waste on good gear or not?

As for the vanargand helm, what do you think is better - buying a +9 or refining it myself?

If I am totally off track, please make some recommendations, thanks.

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:33 AM

I would like to know if the Vanargard would be easier to buy +9 or make it yourself?

+9 Rideword hat is not cutting it for SP and for HP is pretty mediocre.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 24 February 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Reserved.

I don't know if it was smart, but I bought an earth deleter socketed +4 soul collector's full plate. It was 2.5m compared to 5-6m for the card itself. Was this actually a bad decision?

- I think this is an alright decision. When I was new to iRO, I also leveled with full plate. I think the armor is somewhat very heavy but it is also gives nice def.

Also, I am thinking of getting a zombie slaughter card to put in some shoes. Would it be a waste on good gear or not?

- sounds good, if you are mobbing, you might leech HP back at a contant rate. THere is another card that I would like to suggest, a verit card.

As for the vanargand helm, what do you think is better - buying a +9 or refining it myself?

- Only you can answer this. If your luck is usually good, then pretty sure the answer is clear; do it yourself. I usually buy it from other people but I have horrible luck and it usually costs more than just simply buying from other player.

Side note: if you still have problems with leeching SP back, then try the incubus pet. It has a chance to leech SP for you too.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 25 February 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

Interesting, a post from two months ago. Not really a necro I guess.

Making or buying etc. would be sort of a market question. Buying it +9 saves you the trouble of upgrading it (~15 minutes?) if you want to calculate "ease" that way. Other than that it's really down to a question of price. If it works out to be cheaper than the average cost of making it +9 yourself then of course go for it. If you don't have a lot of money on you and can't afford the risk of paying more than average to upgrade (you could get really unlucky) then that's also a factor.

Leech gear is okay and probably necessary for SP, but you still need a way of potting HP back up somehow. Baphomet Costume is probably the undisputed best for that at the moment while the effect is still in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users