reflect damage autocast in renewal - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

reflect damage autocast in renewal

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hakkun

hakkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

I saw a video from 2012 europe servers with an RG using reflect damage,

he had CD in mouth, kaahi, moonlight dagger.

it looks pretty fun

I understand reflect damage was nerfed somehow, at least it can't be used in instance maps anymore...but is it still a viable way to level like this in renewal?  maybe with a few adjustments?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

The nerf to reflect damage put a limit on the number of hits it can reflect before it cancels. It is much less useful now, because it will run out almost instantly. Reflecting like that was never a *good* way to level; at best it was only okay, and people complained about it lagging them when others were leveling like that on the map, which probably contributed to it being nerfed.

Also, how does it look fun? You just stand there waiting for things to die, wing, walk, wait, repeat.

Edited by DrAzzy, 19 December 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#3 hakkun

hakkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:31 AM

mo' particles, mo' fun :D

also i wanted to try and lvl a vit/int build w/o any resets as a...challenge? insufficient funds? for science? all of the above? :P

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

also i wanted to try and lvl a vit/int build

Why not level in the TI's as sac or mobber? Then you're actually doing what your class is supposed to...

#5 hakkun

hakkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

*for science*

plus, I wanted to see if i can try something new and different from TI even if it's stand there waiting for things to die, wing, walk, wait, repeat. *shrug*

anyway, it was just my wild imagination.  thanks for helping anyway though! your input has avoided me probable pain and frustration in the future XD

Edited by hakkun, 19 December 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

Usually, the "for science" builds are created by players who already have a couple "mainstream" characters and builds and have a good understanding of the game already. Even then, the unique builds are often just slightly different from the "regular" builds too and are more like tweaks / fine-tunes or specialized builds. It's kind of more like everything has already been tried already, and there's also Sakray for getting a deeper understanding of cetain skills. Also, in the case of stats, classes get so many stat points that many builds are already a "hybrid" and already have medium to high amounts of each stat.

Reflect Damage is just an outdated build based on a pre-balance (outdated) skill mechanic, and the skill is almost completely different now and you can't base the build on it anymore. So any old videos of it you see aren't feasible currently due to how the kRO (and iRO as a result) skill programming within the game changed quite drastically.

#7 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Autocasting is fun, dont hate

#8 hakkun

hakkun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

Usually, the "for science" builds are created by players who already have a couple "mainstream" characters and builds and have a good understanding of the game already. Even then, the unique builds are often just slightly different from the "regular" builds too and are more like tweaks / fine-tunes or specialized builds. It's kind of more like everything has already been tried already, and there's also Sakray for getting a deeper understanding of cetain skills. Also, in the case of stats, classes get so many stat points that many builds are already a "hybrid" and already have medium to high amounts of each stat.

Reflect Damage is just an outdated build based on a pre-balance (outdated) skill mechanic, and the skill is almost completely different now and you can't base the build on it anymore. So any old videos of it you see aren't feasible currently due to how the kRO (and iRO as a result) skill programming within the game changed quite drastically.

yes, i do have a "mainstream" build RG somewhere tho not even 150 yet...but when getting a trans'd char is so much easier right now with janeway i decided to do something "for science" XD

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

If anything, reflect damage 5 is a requirement for King's Grace now. You can play with it gear-less, but then you'd be missing out on your main leveling AOE skills at the beginning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users