New Honor Armor sets, Weapons? - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Honor Armor sets, Weapons?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

Lately, I have been hearing people saying there will be new max honor gears and weapons.

Im planning to buy chiv aurum and glor aurum. So my question is: are these "new gears" coming out real soon? or are there really any plans on new gears? and if yes an estimate of how long? because i don't want to waste a lot of zulies buying honor sets only to find out, in a month or two there will be new gear.

Can someone confirm this. Thanks

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'll put it this way. Hold onto your money. 

#3 Charas

Charas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:10 PM

I'll put it this way. Hold onto your money. 

Money doesn't seem to be as useless anymore as u claimed it was 2 days ago! How fast can your opinion change when it is not about defending the Staff actions! astonishing!!!

And yes, class representatives have been saying that a new gear set is coming... It seems they know it because it was posted by devs on the special forum they have access to...

...A few selected people who get to have a sneak pic and extra infos about future updates...not only about skills... but also about economy changing updates... and not allowed to share it with the rest of the community... Does that seem fair to you?

Once again GMs and their fine sense of how to manage this game stike again! Completly stupid to do such things if you ask me, they could have talked about it doing some kind of "update preview" to share the info with EVERYONE (wich is the only fair option when you are to share infos at all)... This would have made 100% of the players satisfied and would have showed them that yes, there is work done on their favorite game. Instead of that they decide to share it to a few choosen ones... giving them some kind of favor treatment...

what can I say.... GG? 

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

1: You cannot buy the sets. [the new ones] which is why i said to not waste the zulie buying a set that will be obsolete when the new ones come out. It'd be better to use that zulie to store some catas or things that you don't want to spend some time farming.

2: The Reps are privileged to "sneak peeks" because it is through their input that the Exalted Sets update occurred. We were directly involved in the majority of the stats on those new sets because as a "filter" of the community, we know what does and doesn't work. The same can be said for new sets. It is directly announced to them in order to start a feedback chain so the sets come out and aren't useless.

3: The statement that reps get "unfair" treatment is not true. We can be banned, suspended punished just like everyone else. They are however privileged* in the regard that they get a small forewarning about updates in order to assist in making sure nothing is broken, or unbalanced. 

All that being said, the simple fact that you know about this Charas says that not only the reps have that hint at the future. Quite simply put, you disproved your own statement by admitting that you know about such things. 

#5 Charas

Charas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

1: You cannot buy the sets. [the new ones] which is why i said to not waste the zulie buying a set that will be obsolete when the new ones come out. It'd be better to use that zulie to store some catas or things that you don't want to spend some time farming.

2: The Reps are privileged to "sneak peeks" because it is through their input that the Exalted Sets update occurred. We were directly involved in the majority of the stats on those new sets because as a "filter" of the community, we know what does and doesn't work. The same can be said for new sets. It is directly announced to them in order to start a feedback chain so the sets come out and aren't useless.

3: The statement that reps get "unfair" treatment is not true. We can be banned, suspended punished just like everyone else. They are however privileged* in the regard that they get a small forewarning about updates in order to assist in making sure nothing is broken, or unbalanced. 

All that being said, the simple fact that you know about this Charas says that not only the reps have that hint at the future. Quite simply put, you disproved your own statement by admitting that you know about such things. 

I will try not to flame too much... but your attempt at "shutting me down" (to use one of your favorite expression) is lame.

The fact I know about it only prooves that the class reps are talking about what they shouldn t talk about... spreading the word to some of their friends so they can abuse the economy together before such updates... stocking up on lisents... venu... pluto.... 

If that is not an "unfair treatment" then I dont know what it is.

I got to learn about it because on Leonis some class representants were openly talking about it in front of the storage... like you know "cool kids talk about exclusiv things only them know... so cool... yeh". I'm glad they did tho.

The Staff could completly give this info on the normal forum.... make the class reps gather feedback from their respective class users... and then make them give a feeback that would be representative of the whole community. The way that works at the moment.... not only the class reps get a favor treatment by having infos that could let them have control over the economy... but they also get to take game changing decisions in the name of all their class users... without consulting them at anytime! or without taking their opinions into consideration (look at the scout update, many scout gave their opinions and ideas during the last 12 months, yet the devs decided to listen to 1 single feedback without even incorportating any idea coming from anyone else).

I would also add that if the class representant were so good and perfectly know what works and what doesn't! Maybe some of those exalted sets you talked about wouldn t have such horrible stats as the do now lol... nice work there ;) No wonder GMs decide to do skill changes without consulting u anymore! ;p

You maybe don't realize it, or you might not understand me... but it saddens me to see this game being managed the way it is. I m not writting my posts because i m mad... jealous.. or whatnot, I just really wish things would be managed better, I wish this game could be as successfull as it once was... and I wish most of the world wide ROSE players base would actually see good reasons to play on the only official ROSE server available to us.

#6 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:20 AM

So i need to farm honor points  to buy the new gears and refine it myself right? Great, Cd happens once in a blue moon

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:47 AM

I will try not to flame too much... but your attempt at "shutting me down" (to use one of your favorite expression) is lame.

The fact I know about it only prooves that the class reps are talking about what they shouldn t talk about... spreading the word to some of their friends so they can abuse the economy together before such updates... stocking up on lisents... venu... pluto.... 

I got to learn about it because on Leonis some class representants were openly talking about it in front of the storage... like you know "cool kids talk about exclusiv things only them know... so cool... yeh". I'm glad they did tho.

The Staff could completly give this info on the normal forum.... make the class reps gather feedback from their respective class users... and then make them give a feeback that would be representative of the whole community. The way that works at the moment.... not only the class reps get a favor treatment by having infos that could let them have control over the economy... but they also get to take game changing decisions in the name of all their class users... without consulting them at anytime! or without taking their opinions into consideration (look at the scout update, many scout gave their opinions and ideas during the last 12 months, yet the devs decided to listen to 1 single feedback without even incorportating any idea coming from anyone else).

I would also add that if the class representant were so good and perfectly know what works and what doesn't! Maybe some of those exalted sets you talked about wouldn t have such horrible stats as the do now lol... nice work there ;) No wonder GMs decide to do skill changes without consulting u anymore! ;p

You maybe don't realize it, or you might not understand me... but it saddens me to see this game being managed the way it is. I m not writting my posts because i m mad... jealous.. or whatnot, I just really wish things would be managed better, I wish this game could be as successfull as it once was... and I wish most of the world wide ROSE players base would actually see good reasons to play on the only official ROSE server available to us.

I want to respond to this as a class rep, since it seems my motives and such are being questioned here.

No, we are not to divulge certain things, because they aren't finalized yet. The fact that you are hearing this stuff means that certain class reps are having problems differentiating between what can be spoken about, and what can't. That is a subject for Leonis to deal with. When something is finalized, then we are allowed to relay that information. There are only a handful of us that are really active, so I imagine a lot doesn't get relayed back.

You say that all these scouts gave feedback, yet only the devs only listened to one person. Care to share who that person was? Seeing as how the Scout Update hasn't been finalized yet. How dare you make that statement, unless again, a rep is giving you insider information? I certainly don't know about this and yet I am a rep.

We are discussing Exalted Weapons at the moment, trying to improve them.

So I suggest that before you start putting forth as facts your opinion, you find out the facts if you can. If you can't, then clearly state that it is your opinion, and not fact.

As a class rep, I try my best to listen to what the community relays to me. I bring it to the devs and the other reps, and try to get some ideas on what, if anything, should or can be done to fix it. I do not use any of my insider knowledge to take advantage of the economy, which you seem to think we do. To be honest, I don't think there really is anything that we are told that could allow us to "take advantage" of the economy. If you have complaints about a particular rep, then I suggest you pm Leonis about them.

Edited by pdfisher, 19 December 2014 - 03:43 AM.

#8 Charas

Charas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:44 AM

I want to respond to this as a class rep, since it seems my motives and such are being questioned here.

No, we are not to divulge certain things, because they aren't finalized yet. The fact that you are hearing this stuff means that certain class reps are having problems differentiating between what can be spoken about, and what can't. That is a subject for Leonis to deal with. When something is finalized, then we are allowed to relay that information. There are only a handful of us that are really active, so I imagine a lot doesn't get relayed back.

You say that all these scouts gave feedback, yet only the devs only listened to one person. Care to share who that person was? Seeing as how the Scout Update hasn't been finalized yet. How dare you make that statement, unless again, a rep is giving you insider information? I certainly don't know about this and yet I am a rep.

We are discussing Exalted Weapons at the moment, trying to improve them.

So I suggest that before you start putting forth as facts your opinion, you find out the facts if you can. If you can't, then clearly state that it is your opinion, and not fact.

As a class rep, I try my best to listen to what the community relays to me. I bring it to the devs and the other reps, and try to get some ideas on what, if anything, should or can be done to fix it. I do not use any of my insider knowledge to take advantage of the economy, which you seem to think we do. If you have complaints about a particular rep, then I suggest you pm Leonis about them.

You do not have to take it like I would be questionning your motives about being class rep... But on the other end I highly doubt the knowledge you have about future updates, that isn't (supposedly) shared to anyone else doesn't influence your actions ingame... being for stocking on mats, refines, lisents... or on points... etc

If you had for exemple 10 Us stacks... would u sell it knowing that new items will come soon? making the price sky rocket... or if you had billions of zulies.... wouldn't you stock up on it to make profits later on? Even if you happen to be a oh so pure angel... can you promise me no class reps ever did that... will ever do that... or would never share the intel with their friends so they can do that themselves?

The answer is : No you cannot.

And this is precisely why this whole situation is extremely bad, unhealthy... never... and I really say... never... a company should give any possible advantages to one or the other of their costumers... it works for any company selling or producing any merchandise.

Now, if they were to give every of their costumers a sneak peek of their future updates, keeping the technical talk between the class REP (I insist on that... those ppl should represent their fellow players, not take decisions for them)and the Staff, then everything would be fine! you would still get to collaborate with the Devs.... Play a role of "person in between" the staff and the community... Noone would have any unfair advantages... and most importantly, it would help players to actually keep faith in NaROSE team and see what they are working on!

About the Scout update, I DARE say the staff listened to absolutly no proposals but 1! and they made their Pegasus Scout update ony based on it and nothing else. Now if you have doubts, you can go and actually talk with some scouts ingame and ask them what they think about this situation... this update... the way their proposals were handled. Most of them are either unhappy, or doesn't care at all... because they just can't care about anything really.. too cool for that u know (lol).

Even if the scout update isn't finalized... and unless they were to drastically change the preview update on pegasus incorporating ideas that players actually took time to post across the forum, I can definitly DARE to state that this whole scout update is only based on 1 post, made by 1 single person who never consulted any other players before posting it. 

Edited by Charas, 19 December 2014 - 03:46 AM.

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

You do not have to take it like I would be questionning your motives about being class rep... But on the other end I highly doubt the knowledge you have about future updates, that isn't (supposedly) shared to anyone else doesn't influence your actions ingame... being for stocking on mats, refines, lisents... or on points... etc

If you had for exemple 10 Us stacks... would u sell it knowing that new items will come soon? making the price sky rocket... or if you had billions of zulies.... wouldn't you stock up on it to make profits later on? Even if you happen to be a oh so pure angel... can you promise me no class reps ever did that... will ever do that... or would never share the intel with their friends so they can do that themselves?

The answer is : No you cannot.

And this is precisely why this whole situation is extremely bad, unhealthy... never... and I really say... never... a company should give any possible advantages to one or the other of their costumers... it works for any company selling or producing any merchandise.

Of course I wouldn't. The devs don't tell us exactly when these things are going to happen. Even if he did, I would not do anything to take advantage of it.

Now, if they were to give every of their costumers a sneak peek of their future updates, keeping the technical talk between the class REP (I insist on that... those ppl should represent their fellow players, not take decisions for them). Then everything would be fine! you would still get to collaborate with the Devs.... Play a role of "person in between" the staff and the community... Noone would have any unfair advantages... and most importantly, it would help players to actually keep faith in NaROSE team and see what they are working on!

Again, if you have a complaint about a class rep, then I suggest you PM Leo directly. We are supposed to be representatives. We are supposed to take to the devs the feedback we hear from the community. I honestly don't feel like I have any unfair advantages, except for the fact that I know some things that Leo wants to do, in a general way.

About the Scout update, I DARE say the staff listened to absolutly no proposals but 1! and they made their Pegasus Scout update ony based on it and nothing else. Now if you have doubts, you can go and actually talk with some scouts ingame and ask them what they think about this situation... this update... the way their proposals were handled. Most of them are either unhappy, or doesn't care at all... because they just can't care about anything really.. too cool for that u know (lol).

Even if the scout update isn't finalized... and unless they were to drastically change the preview update on pegasus incorporating ideas that players actually took time to post across the forum, I can definitly DARE to state that this whole scout update is only based on 1 post, made by 1 single person who never consulted any other players before posting it. 

Unless you have talked to every scout in game, you can not say this. You might know what some are saying, but you most certainly don't know how what ALL of them are saying. This is opinion and not fact. You also do not know for a fact that Leo is only listening to one person, because I know for a fact that he is listening to more than one. IF your scout friends don't like what they see on Pegasus, then they need to leave feedback here on the forums, with a class rep, or directly to Leo. Yes you can PM him directly! Imagine that!

#10 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:27 AM

I have talked to other scouts, and they agreed with me when I tested on Pegasus and made a post with my comments about it. Still, the original update was not significantly changed after our feedback.

That's why I usually don't test, because unless it's someone "else" stating their opinion we all get ignored, and once again I was proven right. But that's how the world works right? A couple decide what to do, a few more are informed, the rest who cares.

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:30 AM

By all means flame away, [seeing as you did it later in your post anyway]

1: 

[12/1/2014 11:15:05 AM] Leonis: new gears were also mentioned to be part of the new dungeon

[12/1/2014 11:15:25 AM] Leonis: So it's okay :)

New gears are not private information. If you were as observant as you profess then you would have caught wind of it a while ago. It's not new info, and it's obviously not a secret.

2: Class reps are allowed to disclose certain things. Within moderation and if it's been approved. want proof? 

[12/1/2014 5:34:30 PM] Leonis: 

I know, but I also try to keep what would be dangerous at a minimum.

It's good to build some hype so I let the little things go. General knowledge over what it is, wont' hurt much. Knowing exactly where they'll come from, that's what lets people hurt the economy by saving, and exploding over it in the first few days.

What's contained in that message is that class reps don't get specifics. We get general topics and are asked to gather intel or propose things that we'd imagine the new/alteration to contain. 
It also shows that what is posted to the rep channel is NOT detailed enough for them to gain an unfair advantage. It's not like they're giving reps the new sets out the gate, and they only need to refine them. They have to find/farm and earn their way just like anyone else. And you don't need inside info to know it's smart to keep some things like honor points, cata's or gems in stock / savings in case something does get released, that's pretty much common sense.. 

3: As a member that was involved in the Scout update being tested, I'd ask for your facts but you cannot prove it. That being said I will disprove it for you. The scout changes that were proposed [in the open forum] were looked at, discussed and theory crafted to exhausting lengths by several reps and normal players. Upon weeding out bad ideas or things that would wreck the class or balance improvisations were made. After those were put through the same scrutiny we looked at the result, to verify that the changes were still thematically in line with a "scout"s image. Some were not, and in the end got cut. After all of that, it was debated heavily among the reps involved and a final proposition was put down. One that stemmed from community, reps and testing in total. Not all of those propositions made the cut either. And many of them can still be changed [and are still being changed after testing + feedback]. So your allegation that the scout update stemmed from 1 person is an insult to everyone who worked hard and dedicated many hours to providing something that was intended to be fun and neat for that class. It's an allegation that is disrespectful and unintelligible and I will not let you spread a rumor that insults so many hard working VOLUNTEERS. 

Edited by Feuer, 19 December 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#12 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

I have talked to other scouts, and they agreed with me when I tested on Pegasus and made a post with my comments about it. Still, the original update was not significantly changed after our feedback.

That's why I usually don't test, because unless it's someone "else" stating their opinion we all get ignored, and once again I was proven right. But that's how the world works right? A couple decide what to do, a few more are informed, the rest who cares.

The update hasn't happened yet though. There are still changes being made.

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:31 AM

"Been there, done that" is the best response to your post. I have told people many time that they can try to get the overpower advantage for their classes, but it will be good for nothing when nobody plays. That is exactly what is happening. I wish those scouts and raiders lot of luck because they would need lot of luck to use their powers.

I also told the DEV Team to pay more attention to the population. If the population does not like the idea, that idea needs to be dropped. However, the DEV Team refuses to listen and have pushed forward some really unpopularity ideas / updates.

Worst, the "take it or leave" attitude is not helping. We are forced to like what we hate because players's voices do not have any meaning to the DEV Team. Our accounts will be banned or locked, and your posts will be deleted when the DEV Team does not like what you said or wrote.

Able, you want us to response, but how do you expect us to do so when our voices have no meaning and can be silenced at any given time. Worse, we are forced to accept what we hate. When we cannot accept what we hate, what option do we have?

You really like playing the victim card don't you. 

#14 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

Okay... Topic went off the rails. It looks like this topic/question was answered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users