Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationGermany (Hamburg)
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:58 AM

I just wonder about all the different skill builds. I didn't play since a decent time, so I don't know if there were decent changes in the skills. Last thing I remember is Sniping as new skill and the change of Vulkan 300.

Now my main question. I didn't play marksman very far so I never tried out all the ways to play it.

The main difference I noticed is that many skill builds seem to focus on "x-Attack" but if I remember right it wasn't like this in the past.

I just know skillbuild with Carpet Bomber but nowadays nobody seems to skill it and I wonder why.

Has the marksman's x-attack become so powerful that it's able to function as the main dmg output like it's known by monks?

Thanks for your answers.

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

Has the marksman's x-attack become so powerful that it's able to function as the main dmg output like it's known by monks?

Thanks to Element Attack, which can be socketed on gloves/boots/weapons and obtained via an accessory set, yes in a PvP standpoint.

Element attack applies a flat damage increase to your basic attacks and a majority of Marksman's skills (500 fire attack = +500 damage to each hit). With enough of it, combined with skills that amplify x-attacks like random-shot, you can obliterate players by just catching and using a combination of x-attacks, multishot, shootdown, AAS, gatling rush, etc.

Carpet Bombing, Autoshot System, and Vulcan don't benefit however.

#3 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

PvE and PvP, marksman main damage dealing skill is snipe, x-spam, and shootdown. In the time it takes you to cast carpet bombing, you would've unleashed 5-10 times the damage with just x-spam and having random shot buff on. After that, snipe > shootdown > more x-spam.

#4 Mizuro75

Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:20 AM

So the "x-attack style" only benefits with enough elemental attack or is always the best play style (PvE and PvP)?

So maxing skills like "Adrenaline" and "Two Action Shot" is a must on a marksman and future classes?

#5 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

In PvE, the mobs aren't smart so x-spam is sufficient with snipe and shootdown. It can get boring so maybe throw in an auto-shot system and vulcan here and there.

In pvp, X-attack is a way to deal massive damage with or without elements, on a stunned/frozen target or if you're safe enough to do it. You're going to die if you stand still and x-spam all day because while you're spamming x, you are immobile and open to attacks from other angles.

Maxing "adrenaline" is a must no matter what since you benefit from that extra attack speed in any scenario.

Two Action Shot shoots one arrow then spreads hitting each target behind the initial target once so it's only useful in PvE when you're attacking loads of mobs, however it kills your mp over the long run.

Random Shot makes you shoot double arrows per X-attack so it double hits on mobs, bosses, and opponent players.

I'll leave it up to you to decide which buffs will benefit you more.

#6 Mizuro75

Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for your answers. Helped my alot with my skill since it was kinda outdated.

It'll be like this(until Lv 60):

Spoiler

100SP left

Got RS and TAS maxed since I use RS for bosses and TAS for other purposes. Autoshot and Vulcan seems to cost alot of SP (350 in total) which can be used better.
Some skills are only for PvP use. Like Moonwalk and Flashbang. Had them in my old build and they don't waste so much SP.

Can I go with this build until 60 or this there something which I have to correct?

Another questions belongs to chain combo. The majority says to deactivate it but some say RS is kinda nice with chain combo against bosses. Until now (Lv 25 I use chain combo and RS since it seems to work better at the moment)

#7 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:36 PM

Yes, that looks good to me. The rest is really preference.

I put some points into Autoshot and Vulcan for support damage but that's just me.

Random Shot with Chain Combo on is superior. I can tell you that all the strong destroyers play with chain combos on.

Edited by Infin1te, 22 December 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#8 Mizuro75

Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

Ok. Thanks for your help. :happy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users