• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 policeqt

policeqt

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:40 AM

Hi i am returning to dragonica. I used to play this game few years back 2009-2010, i had a dragoon i loved, but i want to try something else. I have narrowed it down to either mage(wizard or whatever the dps job is) or archer(not the one with the arbalet).
I want some info on which is more fun and better in pvp. Also are these jobs requested in parties for pve? The dps spec for mages seems really nice, while the abilites for archers after first job change look really exciting! (Spexctral Wolf and arrow rain)
Thanks in advance

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

Mage->Priest->Invoker it does everything archer does but better and it's way more wanted.

#3 policeqt

policeqt

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

I really don't want to be stuck healing, which is why i want to go for the warlock path, but uncertain of how good it is.
and also is the pathfinder way that bad? The job seems fun.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

I really don't want to be stuck healing, which is why i want to go for the warlock path, but uncertain of how good it is.
and also is the pathfinder way that bad? The job seems fun.

Invoker are used for their DPS/Damage and their healing secondary. Pathfinders aren't bad, Invokers are just God tier.

#5 policeqt

policeqt

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

Having said that, would you please tell me why not go the warlock way? And also the ninja path seems intersting, how does it do? Thanks stormhavem ;)

#6 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:11 AM

Welcome to the game! 

Invokers as well as Ninjas are the best beginner classes of the game. Both of the classes have high damage output, are fast and are able to solo almost all things of the  game.

Invokers have the plus feature of healing themselves and the complete party. They even can resurrect dead group members later, but not themselves. They got some nice buffs and are easy to play. These are very welcome to any party.

Ninjas have high damage output, are very fast killer and very strong. When you want to go for close combat, this is your class. This class, once it hits level 20, can solo about anything in the game. Ninjas are very welcome in any dungeon run or party.

Warlocks have a good amount of skills. They are strong when it comes to killing enemy groups, many AOE skills. But when you are in front of any boss (mission map/dungeon) you will notice their weakness in those situations very fast. This class is no boss killer, because the attacks are slow (many of them have high summoning time) and have a good a mount of cooldown. This class isn't bad, but I would not suggest it anyone as a beginner class. Actually I would suggest anyone to play this class within a group of friends. Cause it is a nice addition but soloing anything with it is very hard, possible, but very very hard.

:p_smile:

This thread might be helpful to you too:

http://forums.warppo...uide/?p=1986957

#7 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

You would think warlock has higher dps due to the description of the job but in reality, Priest's DPS is muuuuuch higher.

In terms of pvp, warlock is the hardest class to 1v1. They fare better in group pvp.

Like StormHaven said, Priest > Invoker class dominates PvE and PvP. They do everything better than every other class.

Refer to this thread for more information

http://forums.warppo...ee-or-disagree/

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

In my opinion Ninja dominates in PvP and PvE... The mage only is on the 2nd place (however I only play mage).

But this may only be personal feeling.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 20 December 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#9 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

Invoker's PvP dominance comes from elements+ Diffusion cannon which more or less triples all bonus damage from elements. Example you've got 1k element attack which means everything does +1k damage, but Diffusion cannon which lets turns your auto attacks into 3 orbs that instead of 1 and each orb procs elements which means you'll be doing +3k element damage per attack.

#10 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

imo the best class is one that throw at as much dmg as possible without taking much back. Ninjas deal a good amount but they definitely  can't outdamage invokers not to mention one mistake from a ninja can easily shut them out. Invokers can easily steam roll any class and even if you restrict any of  their abilities like no heals or magnets they still dominate in the current meta with element damage, no blocks or evade, highest benefits from building attack speed, invulnerability skill like emergency exit or super armor from chain combos.

High in utility, practically unkillable, high damage. There's really no competition.

Edited by ohsnap, 20 December 2014 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users