is it able to play that game in german language? - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

is it able to play that game in german language?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fabii97

Fabii97

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Can i play that game in german language :)?

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

Theoretically no.

Some players copy the old xml.dat from the german gPotato to client to the Dragon Saga folder, that will work, but with some limitations:

• if you search for items in the open market it can be only found using the english item name
    (example: you have to search "soul" instead of "Seele" or "Weapon Enchant Dust" instead of "Waffenpulver")
  • No one know what happens in the case that the game would get content updates in the future
    (that could either mix up the file and you get some german some english texts or it can break the file and the game won't run anylonger)
  • it is not easy to follow conversations (e.g. understand what items are traded or for which maps parties are searched if you don't know the
    english names. For example someone asks "F7 VR" which means "Valid Raeth", which is "Teufelsodem"). But this is only my personal opinion.

At the beginning it is very unfamiliar, but nevertheless I would recommend to play in english. Some places will always stay with their german names in your mind, but it's always better to understand what the other players are talking about. Also the mix up of german item names and the search for the english ones in the open market (and the item mall) makes it more difficult than just adjusting yourself to english texts.

But that is only my opinion and if you can get your hands on the german xml.dat file you can surely try it. However the risk that this file could break in future updates will stay.

By the way, if you have questions which you aren't able to ask in english, you also have the option to ask them in german in our international forum section. You can find it by going to the forum main page, scroll down to International and then you will find the subsection Dragon Saga (http://forums.warppo...-international/). I can also answer your german questions.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 20 December 2014 - 12:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users