v0r10n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMoldova
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:38 AM

Hi all, i noticed that there is massive FPS drop ingame, since AoV came out with new refine system that give's glow to weapon even more frp drop, i was thinking about , what if u add an weapon hide option so when the people dont fight theyr weapon maybe hided like crescentia's or assassin's weapon? this will be good for many classes for ther thinghs even when u wear a back acc they will show up better bcuz there will not be a shield or weapon thats shows over.

#2 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:55 AM

what PC are you using to suffer that much intolerable FPS drop? i experience FPS drops only on crowded places and it will only do so because game is syncing with the server. once everything is loaded, it runs fine.

#3 v0r10n

v0r10n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMoldova

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

I using a Laptop Intel i5 1.7 GHz 4 GB ram 2 Video Cards 1 Integrated by 512mb and Nvidia GT 635M 2GB and have FPS drop, using my PC AMD Athlon 2 x4 2.6 GHZ 6 GB ram Nvidia Evga 2GB and still fps drop

Edited by v0r10n, 21 December 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#4 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

just this game is not optimized at all...

#5 Cailen

Cailen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:11 AM

Having the option to hide weapon, like the headgear, is a good suggestion.

#6 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

Just do an option to toggle weapon glows.
Ezpz

#7 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:30 AM

I agree with this idea, mainly regarding the weapons that show up in the back, like bows and spears (i guess shields as well). It's a pain to use back accesories on my bm or ranger because the weapon overlaps and it doesn't look good :/

For a game that relies on costumes and accesories as one of the main sources of real cash income, i find it weird that they didn't make the option to hide the weapons already.

Hiding the glow would help in battle as well. But it should still be a toggle, some people only refine their gears for the glow so it wouldn't be wise to just remove them.

Edited by faku1810, 22 December 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#8 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

I support this one. And just like what faku1810 said, some weapons just don't go well with the costumes.

#9 v0r10n

v0r10n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMoldova

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

but i think this will be ignored like other my suggestions that were good for the game

#10 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:34 AM

hey, don't lose hope. who knows? it might get implemented in the future. although RO2 history is against us xD

#11 3212141213222053760

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDarknet

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

Hi all, i noticed that there is massive FPS drop ingame, since AoV came out with new refine system that give's glow to weapon even more frp drop, i was thinking about , what if u add an weapon hide option so when the people dont fight theyr weapon maybe hided like crescentia's or assassin's weapon? this will be good for many classes for ther thinghs even when u wear a back acc they will show up better bcuz there will not be a shield or weapon thats shows over.

Summary Question: My frames are dropping, could you make a hide weapon solution because I think the particle effects are what's dropping it?

Solution: If you are going to give any complaint about FPS issues, first we need to know what your system is. Download and install this program:

https://www.piriform...speccy/download

It's called Speccy and allows you to see the components in real time of your computer. It's extremely handy, trusted, safe, and free. When you first open up Speccy, simply take a screen shot of the home screen of it. You do this by clicking the print screen button. Open something like Microsoft Paint up and click CTRL+V to paste the last screenshotted image of your computer, the one of your Speccy information. Crop it down to size if you desire, post the image to your desired image library such as Imgur, Facebook, etc. then post it here. I'll be able to tell you if it's time to upgrade, or if you even should or can. No particle effects should be wearing at your computer.

#12 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

Summary Question: My frames are dropping, could you make a hide weapon solution because I think the particle effects are what's dropping it?

Solution: If you are going to give any complaint about FPS issues, first we need to know what your system is.

There's no need to check the system or to advertise certain programs to do so. It's simply a matter of logic.

Every polygon shown has to be calculated. Reduce the number and you improve the performance. To remove the weapon glow or to hide the weapon on certain occations is an easy way to do so. It's also the reason why players are forced to wear special dresses during WoE... it simply avoids a lag.

#13 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

Development added a hide option for other player's character models. You can toggle it by using alt+F12 (It's listed in the shortcut key list in game as self-blind.) While it's not the same thing, it may give you some of the results you want.
The idea of allowing weapons to be hidden like helmets is a good suggestion even with the self-blind option and I'll pass it on.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users