5 replies to this topic

#1 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:29 AM

Right now, a guild doesn't have more skills than available skill points.

This means that every guild offers the same and looks the same in the end.

Suggestion 1: Siege weapons should be skills instead of being items.

This means that only if your guild has learned the 'Catapult' skill, it would be able to build them.

Every skill use (even the first) still requires supplies though (similar to crafting job items).

Suggestion 2: These skills have a max. level 5~10 and there are more passive support skills.

Extra levels could increase the damage, the range, turning speed, lengthen the debuff duration or lowering the cooldown or build-up time.

It's even possible to add 'mastery' skills that focus on a single aspect. F.e.

lvl 5 Mortar Expertise => able to build mortars, extra damage

lvl 5 Focus Silence => increased duration of that debuff

lvl 5 Range Mastery => higher range

Suggestion 3: Limit the skill points available

This means you can't have every skill. Do you prefer a guild focussed on siege weapons or one that maxed the PvP guild skills?

Maybe you would join a merchants or PvE guild that focusses on other aspects like drop chance, repair costs, better selling prices, etc.

'Additional allowance' could even require 10 skill points instead. So would you prefer a smaller guild that uses the skillpoints elsewhere?

All in all, there are many possible guild skills. So let's imcrease guild variety. Let's introduce a guild skill tree (similar to classes).

Edited by Greven79, 22 December 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#2 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

I can't agree with limiting the skills because most of them have to be "farmed" in a WoE map or bought from AH. And the rng involved makes the prices pretty high, so going through that effort and then finding out you can get more skills on your guild would suck big time.

However I think this brings up a different matter that should be adressed, as you say, Exp boost and drop rate are more of a pve focused skill so it shouldn't have to be obtained through fighting in a pvp map. Granted, you still kill mobs to get the items, but it doesn't remove the fact that a non-pvp guild would find it too risky to get there on their own; so they'd rather buy from AH than die again and again.

The skill Guild Stablemaster could easily get more points on it, since right now it has only 1 and gives a measly 5% increase to your mount's speed; this makes it unappealing and it's just there because he have more points than we need, so might as well get it. Same applies to Guild Affiliation Expansion; i think the current limit is 100 players, but for a game that strives to get a high population of players, and that in fact has WoE as their main feature for a high number of people, this limit is too low. This reflects on a number of guilds that have made "extra" guilds just to have a place for their members.

Even the storage skill could get some extra points to make it worth the effort of leveling up a guild to 20+. Though, in my opinion this skill should be available much earlier, but in stages. like in Guild Level 5 you can get the first point (20 slots). and then you can add the rest of points at Lvl 10, Lvl 15, and the final 2 at lvl 20.

#3 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

Although I haven't stated it explicitly, I thought it was clear that this idea includes to replace the current guild skill books with a leveling system (it is meant to be similar to a class skill tree, maybe even including 'master levels').

Yes, this would make the effort of farming the guild books a waste, but that's a rather common thing. Some have spent a lot of time to succeed over Ratmaster, whereas others just abused embus or killed it later on. Some might have spent real money to get the weapon to +18 and still drop back to +10 again.Look at Arbalist's Himmelmez Scaled Gear Giveaway thread. A month later and the devs add a complete honing scrub in the HHBs. And there are so many guilds out there where the members have chosen to play better games.

Of course, my idea is to include the drop chance & XP 'skills' as well... just like a class that has non-combat skills as well. And contrary to your opinion, I wouldn't like to increase the max. number of members per guild, but that's a rather minor & discussable detail..

#4 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:36 PM

Lol honourable mention? Honing scrubs were still readily available when I crafted them. I just decided to craft a bunch instead because 1) it was cheaper, 2) it helps others, and 3) I have a superstition that honing ranges are generated at item creation and honing scrubs wouldn't generate new ranges.

Anywho, I'm not involved in this discussing *poofs away*

#5 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:18 AM

Lol honourable mention? Honing scrubs were still readily available when I crafted them. I just decided to craft a bunch instead because 1) it was cheaper, 2) it helps others, and 3) I have a superstition that honing ranges are generated at item creation and honing scrubs wouldn't generate new ranges.

Anywho, I'm not involved in this discussing *poofs away*

Haha... lol. My mistake then, 'cauase I have had none before the HHBs.

#6 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

Developer please add few more level to the Guild Admin Skill - Guild Affiliation Expansion, and increase the max number of guild member to 300.

100 slot per guild is really very tight.  :p_swt:

* some player has been dispel from guild just because didn't online for one week busy for work.

* there is always have guildless player wish to join a particular guild, and guild master headache arrange slot for them.

* unfairness to ally guild. the limited slot may force some guild to create sub guild/ally guild, but these sub guild didn't get any woe benefits from the main guild, thus create unfairness and dissatisfaction.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users