What's up with Gentle Touch - Silence ? - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's up with Gentle Touch - Silence ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fontenelle

Fontenelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I know that there's a lot of better skills to get as a Sura, but I would like to ask something.

At first, I thought that the Skill level would change the chance to get the Silence Status, but the damage, otherwise, would hit as a normal a attack. However, as I am, with 80 base dex and 114 base level, able to miss monsters that I don't miss with normal attacks, as Medusas, or even weaker monsters, like Orcs, my first thought must be wrong.

Then, I thought that the skill would not work like Bash with that Swordman's quest skill that allows the character to stun the target: the damage is more or less sure, but the stun chance varies depending on the skill level. No! With Gentle Touch Silence both the status and the damage would depend on the chances that increase with the skill level. However, sometimes I'm able to deal damage but I can't Silence the target. So... What's up with it ?

I also need some helps because I stopped playing before the Renewal. So, basically, I'm not quite used to the 3rd classes yet and I'm not sure if the information on www.irowiki is based on pre or post balance patch. I would also like to know where I can get more information about pre and post balance patch information in order to build my character... 

Thank you. 

#2 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

You can find post balance formulas here:

http://forums.warppo...lance-formulas/

Unfortunately it won't asnwer your question of chance to attack or to silence, since there's only one formula for success chance

Welcome to Ragnarok, oldest MMORPG ever but you still can't find a reliable source for formulas on the internet :(

#3 Fontenelle

Fontenelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

Yeah...

Thanks for replying. I already saw that topic with the formulas, but... since I did not catch the renewal patch when it was recently launched I don't have a clear idea of what changed. I mean, I can know the new formulas because of that topic you sent, and just know a little of what changed with Sura on the balance patch. I'm just a occasional player, but when I came back I was with my brother and some friends. When kinda used to level up together, and I always liked the combo skills to solo. 

When I first came back I took a look at Sura's skills to plan a build to give some support - because of my friends - and to cover the weakness of the combos, like limited range and AoE skills, but just about these day I got that some skills are not usuable as it used to be. That's why I would like to compare the patch when the third classes first came and then the balance patch to understand the purpose of some skills. lol

I kinda see each class thats comes after as a improvement of it's predecessor, but with Sura it seems that, altough they covered some of it weakness, they totally broke the sequence or the way to play it, specially with combos...

Monk was one of the first classes I had and liked to play with - together with Paladin and Scholar - and I'm not one who follows "mainstreams" builds. I know that I probably won't be able to solo MVP's or do other crazy things, but I like it. lol

I like when the character has some theme behind it or progressive construction other than build to kill and demolish everything. o.o

Edited by Fontenelle, 28 December 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#4 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

Check the new Flash Combo skill added on job60 update. May be what you are looking for.

#5 Fontenelle

Fontenelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, I tried it on Sakray. I enjoyed it. I was just curious about the damage of TC on it. I saw some posts about it; some tests pointing that maybe the skill is not considering TC level 10, but level 6, etc... I'm curious with the damage was fixed or it wont be. The animation in game is different. I mean, on Sakray it doesn't show the Flash Combo animation, but the other  skill's one. Nobody I asked in game knew if the damage was fixed, if it would be or not.

Anyway, thank you for your replies :D
Happy holidays!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users