#1 Franchesco

Franchesco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

Hey everyone!

First , concerning the Maestro/Wanderer skill "Frigg's Song", I was testing it the other day with my new Maestro and I noticed that I was unable to cast it while performing other 2nd class songs, even though I have Voice Lessons level 5+ and I had "Regrettable Tears" in my inventory. 

Was that some kind of bug, or is the skill meant to be be this way?

And while we're at it anyway, is it even worth getting that Skill as a maestro? Because the skill is extremely similar to the bard skill "Song of Lutie"... Even though we do have the extra job points, and the skill is nice in the way that: you don't have to worry about keeping it up, the healing rate is supposedly better, and the range is wider; you could still use the points to boost other songs. (I know it's very subjective, but any advice?).

Second, kind of a stupid question, but does anyone know if there will be improvements for the Maestro/Wanderer classes soon? Not that I'm expecting something (lies), or that I'm very unsatisfied with it (otherwise I wouldn't be playing it lol), but it's really depressing how people think they are useless/weak/ these days... and to be realistic, they kind of are if it wasn't for some of skills...  I didn't know the balance patch had affected them that badly... 

And lastly, just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year  :p_hi:  Thanks!

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

Friggs song is a horrible consolation prize for performers. It is a slightly upgraded song of lutie. It adds similar hp and has a bit better duration for someone who is mobile (60 second, vice 25). The amount of hp it heals is fairly negligible and isn't worth considering. It is part of the same song group as rush to windmill and swing dance, so you can even have it up at the same time as our other useful buffs. This is a drawback lutie didn't have, detracting even further from a skill that already looks stupid next to dark claw and no limits.

To the second question of performers ever getting a favorable enhancement, I'd say no. Gravity is unlikely to ever make the class useful. I am convinced they hate performers and regret making the class. If anyone tries to get performers buffed/improved, some insane apologist will come out of the woodwork and say their off-useful skills which are obsoleted by blue pots make them useful and that since they are a "support" character they should be worse at both kiling and supporting than an archbishop. So we're shot in the foot by both our peers and gravity.

The only improvement you can expect to see soon will be the bow of storms, in about 3-6 months. Its sort of a buff. We'll take a damage hit to our already non competitive damage in exchange for a lower cooldown that will let us layer sr and actually make better use of hawkeye enchants on temporal boots.

The future is grim, my friend.

Also: happy new year!

Edited by Jaye, 02 January 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#3 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Hey everyone!

First , concerning the Maestro/Wanderer skill "Frigg's Song", I was testing it the other day with my new Maestro and I noticed that I was unable to cast it while performing other 2nd class songs, even though I have Voice Lessons level 5+ and I had "Regrettable Tears" in my inventory. 

Was that some kind of bug, or is the skill meant to be be this way?

And while we're at it anyway, is it even worth getting that Skill as a maestro? Because the skill is extremely similar to the bard skill "Song of Lutie"... Even though we do have the extra job points, and the skill is nice in the way that: you don't have to worry about keeping it up, the healing rate is supposedly better, and the range is wider; you could still use the points to boost other songs. (I know it's very subjective, but any advice?).

Second, kind of a stupid question, but does anyone know if there will be improvements for the Maestro/Wanderer classes soon? Not that I'm expecting something (lies), or that I'm very unsatisfied with it (otherwise I wouldn't be playing it lol), but it's really depressing how people think they are useless/weak/ these days... and to be realistic, they kind of are if it wasn't for some of skills...  I didn't know the balance patch had affected them that badly... 

And lastly, just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year  :p_hi:  Thanks!

Hii there follow performer.

In regards to your concern about Frigg Song. I'm not 100% sure if it's working as intended but, i have watched the woe video of a kRO wanderer, and it seems although Frigg's Song doesn't directly work as a thirdclass song that can be used with a second class song. But, I will also say, you dontneed an equipment to use the song though! The skill MAY be working as intended.

I, personally the skill is worth getting because most of the skills are chorus, so they arent many skill worth getting within the 3rd class skill tree for performers anyways. Yes, the skill is indeed similar to Song of Lutie but, they do indeed stack so in a way it is useful.

It is sad that it works as a class A group song, but the song is useful for RKs. I would get this song to give my party members a variety of options of buffs to choose from.

For example;

RKs in your party may prefer to have Frigg's Song over Windmill Rush/Echo Song/Swing Dance/Lover Symphony/ Moonlight Serenade BUT, your WLs/Sorcs/AB may prefer Lover Symphony/Moonlight Serenade, or your ranger may prefer Swing Dance.

It all goes down to preference, so it doesnt hurt to have the skill for option choice.

Sadly, I don't ever believe kRO will ever fix performer classes. They were once upon a time strong/decent with DSL/SR but those skills were nerfed. Maybe in the future things will be fixed?<3

#4 Franchesco

Franchesco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

I see, thank you very much for both of your insights. Indeed I don't think it is a particularly good/satisfactory skill for performers when compared with other classes, and even previously-existing skills for performers...

It's upsetting that they don't seem to care much about a class that has so much potential... When you really come to think of the purpose intended for bards/dancers they are really fun to play, but in the conditions they were placed in as of right now, it's more of a challenge than anything else.

Bow of storms does look appealing though, at least we have that to look forward to xD

#5 SpicyMelons

SpicyMelons

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Choas - Renewal

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

I main an RK, but I follow myself around with strings. I love Frigg's song. It's fun to stack it with Lutie and see how high I can get people's HP. 40k HP Warlocks, 75k HP GX's. I was able to get over 100k HP on my RK without a Tao.

You mentioned Bow of Storms, does anyone happen to know what patch that's in?

I know there's a stigma associated with performer class, but there is a lot of potential if you can get the gears for it.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

You main rk and not stringer. Why?

#7 chaerin83

chaerin83

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

To the second question of performers ever getting a favorable enhancement, I'd say no. Gravity is unlikely to ever make the class useful. I am convinced they hate performers and regret making the class. If anyone tries to get performers buffed/improved, some insane apologist will come out of the woodwork and say their off-useful skills which are obsoleted by blue pots make them useful and that since they are a "support" character they should be worse at both kiling and supporting than an archbishop. So we're shot in the foot by both our peers and gravity.

I've seen these apologists in the other threads, and it really makes me mad! "You're a support! Of course you will suck! Accept it and move on!" It just smacks of "You're a woman! Off to the kitchen and make me a sandwich!"

Archbishops are support and they're good at what they do. Genetics are a hybrid support class and yet they outdamage Mechanics. But Performers are half a class already with needing more than one to reach max potential, and they kick us while we're down. Bah!

Friggin Frigg's Song.

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

Friggin Frigg's Song.

Friggity frigg, yo!

I've seen these apologists in the other threads, and it really makes me mad! "You're a support! Of course you will suck! Accept it and move on!" It just smacks of "You're a woman! Off to the kitchen and make me a sandwich!"

Admittedly I have also made the case before that I think Gravity (Korea) is misogynistic and wants wanderer to be a second-class-citizen of midgard.

Edited by Jaye, 17 January 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#9 SpicyMelons

SpicyMelons

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Choas - Renewal

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:00 PM

I'm still a fan of Frigg's song

Maestro:

9AeodOr.jpg

RK: