9 replies to this topic

#1 Fontenelle

Fontenelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

That's not about the damage of Tiger Cannon and the difference it should have when performed in sequence with Dragon Combo and Falle Empire. 

1. I would like to know if there's some use for the ATK boost that skills gives you for just 4 seconds, or something about it.

I mean, because of the delay of Sky Blow at the ending - and sometimes the character remains kinda of "frozen still" - I think that, for what I observed, the bonus only matters during the skill itself. Yes, I think that this is the reason that TC inflicts more damage at Flash Combo than used alone, but not the amount of the whole combo performed manually.

P.S.: That's what I think because the damage of Fallen Empire during Flash Combo ir about 1-2k higher than that dealt by the same skill when performed manually after Dragon Combo

2. I'm trying to level up using this skill - instead of using Monk/Champion combos + Sky Blow for mobs - and I would like to know if is recommended to get Sky Blow at level 5 for it.

I got Fallen Empire and Tiger Cannon at maximum and already think that Dragon Combo should be just at Lv. 3 for pre-requisite, but I have doubts about Sky Blow. I mean, it is a fast skill to use outside Flash Combo and do not consumes spiritual spheres. It's kinda "hard" to rely on Flash Combo whe GT - Energy Gain and Rising Dragon is not possible yet x.x

P.S.: If the damage of TC was double, I would not have this worry, but... I'm do not complain about the damage if it was fixed in some kRO patch and we're not sure yet.

Edited by Fontenelle, 02 January 2015 - 08:37 PM.

#2 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

there is a window (approx 1~2 sec) at the end of FC (as sky blow executes) when you can actually use skills/items or move;

you can time this window visually (as soon as 撃 appears), or audibly (after the 2nd to the last deep booming [crescent elbow] sound effects); skyblow occurs between the two sounds;

so that is when you can do a manual combo chain (TC/GoH) provided you have enough AGI and DEX to reduce the combo delays to finish before the ATK bonus ends; works if the target is cornered on a wall or cannot be knocked back (boss/WoE), since skyblow occurs simultaneously;

you can also do a manually casted GFist (needs sacrament or KvM fist to reduce cast time) or a GoH (or even 2-3 instant cast GoHs under good strings [100% delay reduc from 150 INT maestro]);

the only thing that really matters within FC is the TC damage portion; the rest are just extras really (no need to get beyond pre-req);

unless, the mob doesn't die in 1-hit, in which case you can just kite around and cast another FC again;

even using rampage blaster to finish off a mob is better than spamming weak sky blows that scatter them if not stacked on a wall; even then, i'd still rather focus on just FC if possible;

if you want to make full use of your skill points (at job 60) to level (since you plan to reset once you reach max level), then i suggest getting GT-revit 4 instead (can't max it to 5 since you also want PA, max RD, TC, and FC) to boost your mHP further and increase TC damage

Edited by ka10, 03 January 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#3 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

do all the skills executed by flash combo become AoE or is the fallen empire portion of FC single target?

#4 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:56 AM

no, only the TC and SB are AoE;

DC and FE are single target

also @fontenelle

idk, if you use them already but converters vs the right target are a nice boost for TC damage;

and the sprite "frozen" after casting certain skills (not just sky blow) means you did not time the click to walk away correctly (just as in cast-walking/dancing); try to click right after the beginning of the skill animation (not at the same time as skill activation [too early]); so like for sky blow, you could actually walk away even before the spinning animation ends (actually breaks the animation - generally used to be able to cast a following skill earlier);

Edited by ka10, 03 January 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#5 Fontenelle

Fontenelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

Actually, as I have some elemental weapons I barely use elemental converters, but I'm glad that you brought this idea because I also have some doubts about the TC damage. I was starting to think that it would be always neutral damage, because even with elemental weapons I was unable to hit some monsters... However, i did not tried this with elemental converters.

Thank you for yours replies 
:thx:

#6 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

TC takes the weapon element into account vs the targeted monster's property; but it does like a final check on whether the target is ghost property or not;

the small bonus damage of TC that always hits even if the main part misses is forced neutral;

so you still miss on ghost lvl 3,4; while partially damaging ghost lvl 1(70%) and lvl 2(50%);

also, you could just make a sage alt to endow so you could use a better weapon (ATK or card-wise)

Edited by ka10, 03 January 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#7 Fontenelle

Fontenelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

Yeah, that's the trouble I'm having... Ghost...  :pif:

#8 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

can't do anything vs ghost lvl 3-4;

but for ghost lvl 1-2, you can target another monster that is weak vs your weapon endow to boost TC damage (the ghost beside will then take 50% or 70% of that boosted damage);

better than targeting the ghost itself (which treats the damage as neutral right away w/out any boost);

its the same idea for hitting high flee monsters (or ones that AGI up); target a monster with lower flee beside it

Edited by ka10, 03 January 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#9 Fontenelle

Fontenelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

@ka10: I coudn't find lots of tips for Flash Combo leveling. I'm pretty sure because it is kinda of new. Do you have some ?

#10 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:18 AM

i don't; i mean its really just a 1 click skill where you kite mobs around stack them close so all get caught in the aoe...maybe someone else have some;

well you can windmill the mob before FCing for stun chance to reduce the damage you take overall since you can't pot for ~3 sec (if you have not been doing this yet)

like what's in your mind about FC? the damage? it really boils down to gears (and consumables) if you want to solo harder mobs effectively so...

Edited by ka10, 05 January 2015 - 10:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users