A History of Changed Plans. (Dragon Saga Canceled/Changed Content) - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A History of Changed Plans. (Dragon Saga Canceled/Changed Content)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

A bit of a topic of information. This could easily be a guide or anything but with a long history with this game, I'd like to bring up some...changed or even canceled plans of the original game. These are in no particular order by the way.

The Sky Garden:

A famous case of a canceled content. The Sky Garden was meant to be a planned endgame city that served as a sort of final city before Elga or another boss. It's design was a beautiful floating city made of musical instruments. Even music files for the game exists in the Dragon Saga folder but were never used.

The 3rd Ice Continent, will be talked about later, had plans to have this as a mid-way city after Verglas Ridge. But that idea got scrapped with the New Origin update.

The Third Continent/Ice Palace Dungeon:

You know the Frozen Mountains? The home of Agnes, Avice, Alexander and Kryos? Did you know that was meant to be the first half or third of a brand new continent?

The continents lore stated; It was a beautiful tropical paradise that was completely frozen by something long ago. Evidence of this was shown in the Hero Quests for Kryos mentioning that Kryos' death awakened something refered to as...."Her." Like stated before, the Sky Garden was a planned city here as a mid-way point and was even on the old World Map.

The Ice Palace was the continent's big dungeon that was planned. It was unknown how it worked but a concept for an Ice Queen final boss was in the game's code. Gpotato had a boss spawn event that featured her and Paris running around high-level cities. Unfortunately no screenshots could be found but she was designed like Paris with a very revealing look.

Frozen/Crystal Cavern:

You might have seen this one, a crystal cave of ice in a boss-room appearance. This is an old one and screenshots can still be found. It was meant to be a cave dungeon near Arkah and Pythanous' mission areas.

Old Van Cliff:

A change I'm glad for. As this would've made 60 promotions impossible otherwise. Old Van Cliff was essentially several maze maps like Old Drakos. You had to farm their field mobs for key pieces. This meant for Bone Dragon you had to run down to his section, find all the mobs that drop the pieces, and farm them repeatedly just to get a handful of runs. This led to a lot of grief as there were notorious cases of arguing among players for spots. As Heirloom Bone Dragon dropped from the bosses as well as the Heirloom Bone Dragon Weapon materials and Old Lightning Oak weapons.

Old Drakos/The Secret Basement:

Drako's used to be much different. It was once a 20-level series of maps with three mission maps. Paris Strikes Back, a patch from 3-4 years ago, changed it however. The tower had Gaiden, Kimart and Antares mission maps meant for level 55-65+. I'm sure some THQ'ICE and other early servers remembered Grand Hall or whatever it's old name was as a prime level 50+ gold farming.

Secret Basement was it's old hidden scroll map. A nice level 60+ area for Devil Soul Stones that spawned Kimart and Antares. Back then, the hidden scrolls had permanent durations and bosses dropped rare equips. An old story around THQ'ICE server was the couple-warp exploit that led to Kimart Wings and Antares Necks existing in Dragonica/Dragon Saga's economy as well as other rare boss equips being farmed with infinite duration and channel swapping. The map is unable to be accessed however. But a re-release would make it ever better for Devil Soul Stones promotion route.

Also to note: Heirloom Zauharant weapons, which offered great stats and increases to the level of a skill even, had recipes from the old Drakos. The materials are unobtainable now however.

Hidden Skills:

You know "Spin It Bear?" What if, pre-nerf, it was available to all classes? Not a crazy suggestion either, Barunson actually had that idea for one server. This mission map quest chain, (Unknown if event or permanent) gave it and one other skill, (Unknown name but the fighter used a Hadoken) for completing the F5 quest. This was the only server to do this and of course it never reached anywhere else. The idea of all classes having one of PvP's former most broken skill would be game-breaking.

Missing 4th Job Skills:

This ones an obvious one. Those hidden skills on the 4th job page, never got any word on them. They were probably planned for a major update but got canceled.

Canceled future class tree:

Unknown if a fan concept or an actual plan by the developers. There were originally meant to be more branches for classes. The class tree can be found online through some google searching or even in these forums. It had a series of 30, 50, 70 promotions instead of the usual 20, 40, 60 setup.

Ragnarok; Worlds Collide Part 2:

The Ragnarok World's story in Dragon Saga ends dangling off a cliff as seen in the final quest's end showing an unknown villain planning something after we clean up Glast Heim. An entire part 2, more dungeons, new items, new story and quests got canceled or delayed. To think the entrance to Geffen Town, which we were supposed to go in and do stuff there, is now indefinitely closed.

Canceled End Game content:

Around the Legendary Update, (Chain combos release) a GM told me of canceled endgame content this update pushed aside. This might be Galaxia but it's unknown.

Galaxia Part 3?:

This one's in the dark. As the developers have been silent lately. But Galaxia's Ophiochus dungeon's ending shows a cliffhanger with the serpent retreating and planning revenge. So a part 3 is speculated.

Old Chaos Maps: (Credit to StormHaven)

Chaos Scrolls used to transport you to dark versions of field maps with greatly over-leveled monsters. The Monsters we're unkillable without Devil Soul Stones (Deal 1 damage a hit to them.) The missions dropped chaos sets and were also a prime leveling spot before F6 came along for level 40-65. Two famous Chaos maps for 40-60 were Hero's Descent (Chaos Milkyway Sanctuary) and Smoldering Swamp (CSS as it's called.)

Chaos Elluman and Chaos Karkharous were also famous for level 60-65. However the latter was level 70+ mobs which at the time (Level 65 cap, Hierloom Bone Dragon and +16 weapon max made it slightly easier.) we're quite difficult.

Advanced Element: (Credit to StormHaven)

An interesting idea that was either delayed indefinitely or canceled. The idea was a method of obtaining higher star (6* and beyond) element cards through card upgrading or unboxing. We have Basic Elements but not Advanced Elements. This update would have made 6* elements less difficult to obtain through upgrades and enable them to be much cheaper. Despite elements dominance in PvP, the idea never went through.

Emporia 3-5 star castles and fights:

Pre-Paris Strikes Back players will remember this. Emporia tournament originally planned to have castles beyond 2-star. Although no one ever knew what differences there was in the fight or what they gave the winning guilds. Perhaps it was a way to allow multiple guilds castles and mark the strongest guilds in the server even more.

Ocher Forest and Elluman: (Credit to zirothos for remembering this guy)

One I'm sad that I've forgotten. Ocher Forest was a mission map after Smoldering Swamp. It was home to Elluman, a large Ent. Elluman was a Woodie (Dragonica/Dragon Saga's cute, tree mascots.) whom, among other Woodies, was corrupted into a monstrous form by Paris.

His bossfight is the same as Spectre's/Drakos tower's Ghost/Zombie Elluman. He's merely the original boss it was based off of. His Heirloom Crown is a rare boss equip from back then. Around the time of either Kryos Unleashed or New Origin, Ocher Forest and Ellumans mission map (Along with his unique F7) was removed from the game. Possibly to make room for the world map changes.

And those are all I can recall. Have any more? Have input on previously mentioned? I'd love to hear them.

Edited by Coolsam, 06 January 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

Don't forget about Advanced Elements

and for changed stuff im sure everyone misses the old Chaos maps

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:04 AM

Don't forget about Advanced Elements

and for changed stuff im sure everyone misses the old Chaos maps

I forgot about Advanced Elements. Enlighten me on this one.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

I forgot about Advanced Elements. Enlighten me on this one.

It's the way to obtain 6-10* Element stuff by upgrading cards and opening boxes. It was called Advanced Elements, what we have right now is only Basic Elements.

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

Thanks for the info. Accidental lag double-post btw.

#6 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

wow those are really cool, thanks for the info. its a shame they got canceled this game really had potential ;_;

the story of hidden maps with unlimited duration was this: you could leave a character afk-ing in that map, or even log off and the character could stay there forever. he/she was basicly the spawn character and you could warp your friends to unlimited amounts using the couple system and couple warp scrolls. now, the trouble was, those necklaces/and other discontinued heirloom items were among the only items that had stats (not including soul craft stats) so naturally they were very valuable.

so essentially you could leave a character , farm on one channel, quickly change the channel, farm there, and so on, though all the channels-if you were strong and quick enough to do so before others arrived.

there was also a certain amount of time a monster would spawn, and a person that knew when the monster was killed could control when the next spawn would appear.

In my guild we had people actively farming and giving each others "time spawn times" which of course meant one guild held monopoly over a few valuable items, which of course was completely unfair and people complained so naturally it had to be changed. 

i remmeber old drakos tower was kinda complicated. it was like a maze where you had to climb all the way to the top, and was really difficult to find the boss rooms and there was no save points.

basicly it would help to place a character on which you could warp later. tho for that level and skill the bosses were extremly difficult, kimart and antares rooms were both soaked in health draining auras so taking a healer or a warmage was a MUST.

Edited by sigeel, 03 January 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

i remmeber old drakos tower was kinda complicated. it was like a maze where you had to climb all the way to the top, and was really difficult to find the boss rooms and there was no save points therebasicly it would help to place a character on which you could warp later. tho for that level and skill the bosses were extremly difficult, kimart and antares rooms were both soaked in health draining auras so taking a healer or a warmage was a MUST.

I remember that all three of them also had insane heal over time and were very strong for their level. Antares especially was near impossible to solo depending on the class as he healed faster than what counts as high enchanted could hit at the time.

The top did have the entrance to the Paris room, but as it was not added yet the portal would never load when you tried to enter it. The change to both Van Cliff and Drakos were necessary. Especially Van Cliff which required hours of spawn camping and farming just to get a few runs of any boss.

#8 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

oh yes, i remember me and my friends used to farm gaiden in hopes to gather materials for those rare drakos weapons. but we barely defeated kimart. you had to have +15 enchanted weapon (which back then was max you could have without fearing for the rollback) and even with those it was troublesome...

regular crafting materials, including the recipes was a random drop from regular enemies.

there was a rumor going around that rare materials like blood,  ruby, cog etc. could have been obtained by farming the bosses- which they never implemented, they basically put the rare materials in the cashshop for a VERY short time before it was discontinued.

and the success rate for making those weapons was crazy. not only the materials were extremely expensive in the cash shop, but you also had to buy special insurance scrolls to slightly higher the chances of success.. i think the regular chance to make one of those weapons was around 30%, and with iss you would've up it to somewhere 60%...

it was crazy luck that i managed to make one of those... 

Edited by sigeel, 03 January 2015 - 01:58 PM.

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

I remember those "Heirloom" Zauharant weapons being quite powerful. To any non-warrior it would easily outclass today's Zauharants due to some increased skill levels and some powerful stats revealed. The Gaiden farming was also good for gold farm as his mission was the easiest of the three. I was a noob before they closed Drakos however, so I could never get to experience it. I remembered that +15 was the max "safe" enchant and well I was told back then +8 alone was necessary to even be good for Bone Dragon runs. Sucked that school prevented me from hitting 60 and farming HBD Myrmidon before THQ'ICE closed, but whatever it's the past now. 

I made this thread because I noticed and recalled a lot of stuff that got canceled or was delayed. I doubt this would respark developer interest in these updates but it does leave questions and bring memories up.

#10 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

I am glad you made this thread, its nice to see they had a lot planned.

it would be nice to respark the developer interest tho, but from all the bugs we have now dragon saga would need to have a serious make-over first :/

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

I made this thread because I noticed and recalled a lot of stuff that got canceled or was delayed. I doubt this would respark developer interest in these updates but it does leave questions and bring memories up.

I hope with the growing again community the developers will have another look onto this game sometime. However I'm sure our producer knows about the fact the community is growing and does all what he can to support the community and that he tries to get some development resources for that game. But like it is in every company, it's is not that easy. The producer has an open ear for all the wishes and suggestions from the community's side and tries to implement all what he's able to with the possibilites he has. But there is sadly his possibilites are quite limited at the time being.

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

I hope with the growing again community the developers will have another look onto this game sometime. However I'm sure our producer knows about the fact the community is growing and does all what he can to support the community and that he tries to get some development resources for that game. But like it is in every company, it's is not that easy. The producer has an open ear for all the wishes and suggestions from the community's side and tries to implement all what he's able to with the possibilites he has. But there is sadly his possibilites are quite limited at the time being.

WarpPortal itself is doing the absolute best it can, and it is succeeding at reviving the playerbase and hearing players out. Sadly I feel like the developer team needs to do more work however.

#13 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for the info sam, hopefully this'll be taken into consideration. "hopefully"

#14 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

That a nice stories you got there but you still missing some nice part.

One thing you forgot is the loss of a big friend Elluman (I don’t know if the name was the same in EU or THQ server but the big tree boss). It was part of the big story and he was gone off are heart for no reason.

The 2e is part of the story you got from the Old Van Cliff mansion. ‘’by the way I love the jumping annoying maze. And I miss it allots. With the Over Power Bone Crystal Dragon Set. Did you know the Bone Dragon was name ‘’Shiva’’ when the game was first release? I still don’t know why they deleted the name of the boss for a basic monster name.

#15 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

That a nice stories you got there but you still missing some nice part.

One thing you forgot is the loss of a big friend Elluman (I don’t know if the name was the same in EU or THQ server but the big tree boss). It was part of the big story and he was gone off are heart for no reason.

The 2e is part of the story you got from the Old Van Cliff mansion. ‘’by the way I love the jumping annoying maze. And I miss it allots. With the Over Power Bone Crystal Dragon Set. Did you know the Bone Dragon was name ‘’Shiva’’ when the game was first release? I still don’t know why they deleted the name of the boss for a basic monster name.

Elluman's lore: A woodie with a dream of being a big tree, manipulated and mutated among other Woodies by Paris. And he is still able to be fought, just at Spectre's Tower and Drakos.

Bone Dragon had several names based off translation; Lost, Lust, Shiva, Sinuag are four that I recall.

Edited by Coolsam, 05 January 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#16 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

yeah I believe there is still medals in the journal for obtaining advanced elements

also there is the old bosses from hidden maps and the roaming bosses on normal maps that both dropped was is now considered heirloom

since there is notes on the old chaos maps....

there is the old elements dungeons - much much larger, several doors leading to various boss endings - no necks for adv, rare, hero - just had to find the right doors

the several old versions of our towns, such as the 4 odellias, libra and forgotten village with no mobs, etc

the original concept for pets to have im clothing and gear/consumables - I still have a set of the pet consumable that was supposed to restore the pets manna after using pets skills

*Vitality drink restores pets manna by 100pts

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

just at Spectre's Tower

As we speak about names... the Spectre's Tower had 2 different names on the german server.

Translated they were named: "Citadel of Pain" and "Tower of Truth" ;)

#18 THERONIN2

THERONIN2

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

I was wondering about the new contenent in This game, is there plans for it to happen? 

I was once on the official website of the original developer of the game "Barunson" and there was no dragon saga in their Game list , so i am asking if 

"warpportal" devs can create new contenent themselves

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:34 AM

I was wondering about the new contenent in This game, is there plans for it to happen? 

I was once on the official website of the original developer of the game "Barunson" and there was no dragon saga in their Game list , so i am asking if 

"warpportal" devs can create new contenent themselves

Old question same answer... I don't know yet.

As you sure know, Barunson has been bought by Gravity Games Korea. However you're right when you say that it's no longer in the list and I already asked the producer about the same fact. The reason is, that Gravity Games Korea does not publish Dragonica (Dragon Saga) any longer and WarpPortal is the last server available.

Nevertheless, WarpPortal has licensed DragonSaga from Gravity Games Korea itself and they neither have the rights to develop content like new dungeons, monsters or maps nor they have the needed tools for this. 

At the moment we are in a progress of discussing how to make small fixes and things which are only based on the database. But I can't promise anything the time being.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 13 January 2015 - 02:36 AM.

#20 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

Rather than the small ones; the "crew" (well, there is a team for it, right?) still have time to find out the bigger ones, doesn'it?

Spoiler

Edited by Rainnowx, 13 January 2015 - 05:53 AM.

#21 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:07 AM

Which corrupted files?

#22 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

Well, that's because I'm not one to say whatever they should do :q

I talked about anything that could be causing any bug. Just thinking that those "bugs" were hiding in the update patch's files, diggin'in XD

Spoiler

Edited by Rainnowx, 13 January 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

I can ensure you, there are no bugs "hiding" anywhere in the patch files.

The bugs are "hiding" (the big ones) in the source code and the minor ones in the database.

#24 snowdelu95

snowdelu95

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

I'm a player from IAHGames 4.5 years back. I do miss this game and my friends back in the Asian server and I occasionally come here to see if there's any updates by the developer (yeah the updates). Some of the things I posted here may conflict with Warpportal server but here I go.

Add-on: Sky Garden

2NBj9m1.jpg

Fk1dKnv.jpg

KvV2Sx1.jpg

vbOicm3.jpg

I believe the last time I came here to stalk  see, I saw someone posted some sky garden shots but nevertheless here I go. This happened during a PvP offline event in Singapore.

Add-on: Ice Palace Dungeon

7Ke0F95.jpg

HF9rNxf.jpg

If this is correct, it was supposed to be the final boss for the Ice Palace Dungeon. Pardon me if the screenshot looks clunky and you can't see the boss.

Gada Coin glitch frenzy

I'm not too sure what your server calls this Gada coin thing. It is the coin that you will use to roll for a part of your class set item after every boss fight and of course the vending machine for redemption. This happens in all servers but it got patched up subsequently. Had fun abusing it in the long-ago dead IAH server before it was fixed. Shouldn't say too much here but this glitch could break a part of the server's economy by flooding it lots of Sealed class set items, normal and chaos level 67 howitzer/destroyer items in the market :P

Old Lavalon

Gosh this monster is so tedious as it can three shot even the most tankiest person back in the old days (and it is a consecutive three-shot. There is no escape from his hellfire after you have been caught by it). 2.8 million HP and you need to kill this fat dragon in order to advance to your 3rd job. Your party needs to kill the monster in there to get some item to activate the catapult and use it to knock down Lavalon for 10 seconds.  

#25 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:58 AM

Oh. my. gosh.

That's the old Skygarden pvp map. I can't believe I come to see this in color and completely rendered and working.

You just made my day, thank you so much for posting this.  :p_laugh:

You guys were the only server that saw it in a working state and actually "in the game". As far as I know.

The old Skygarden files and graphic parts are still in the current game, deep within the files. Yes, including the planned Skygarden City and the old ice palace.  But only in development state, what means they are not textured, not colored and the single parts aren't put together. I always wondered how the parts would look like put together and in colors with the right textures. Thanks for this post, now I know it was beautiful.   :p_smile:

You are right, the pictures do show the old ice palace boss. That boss is quite similar to the Paris we know.  

I've not found the old ice palace boss within the game files, not even in development state. What is sad, cause I would love to see it rendered.

But I saw old pictures posted somewhere on the Internet about it, so I know you are right.  :p_smile:

Old Lavalon was tough, took me abou 2:30 hours to finish my first Lavalon run back in the days. Yes, I'm talking about the time I spend in the boss room itself. It was hard, very hard and took a good amount of time. But once you  made it and killed Lavalon you felt like a hero. I sometimes do miss it, especially killing Lavalon as needed dungeon for the level 40 jobchange.

Sorry but the one nowadays is a really bad joke, my opinion.

As strange as it sounds I do miss F4. Yes the fourth mission map. I do really miss it, as you needed to complete F1 to F4 to get to F5. I don't know why, but I still get the "there is something missing feeling" when I do mission maps the present days. 

And call me crazy, but I miss Elluman and his forest.......  :p_smile:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 17 January 2015 - 04:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users