20 replies to this topic

#1 hashtagmilkshake

hashtagmilkshake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

So I just hit 150,

the time of soloing / bios4 groups is slowly approaching. I ran into somone and they told me bios4 is difficult for rangers because they cannot have unfrozen armor/sheild or something like that.

Can somone give me some cheap gears to think about purchasing to ease my struggle in bios4?  Lets say, budget: a bil.

thanks!

Edited by hashtagmilkshake, 07 January 2015 - 09:04 PM.

#2 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

Other than proper gearing, the trick to not die so much in Bio4 is knowing when/what to strike, distance and location, and good use of Camo (or hiding accessory). It also depends on how good your party is as well of course.

Your armor of choice is pretty important here, obviously. Most people use wind but I don't think a ranger should use them. You should stand on the ME as much as possible, but try to keep your distance away from other members because you'll only get Fireballed along with them. Here's where I think Pasana is a decent choice (though you'll die to Cold Bolt). Unfrozen is fine too but you should have ABs ready to use Lauda/Status Rec, and you should be on the ME majority of the time so you don't die to frozen + Thunderstorm. If you had the zeny to blow, Holy would be the best but with 1b you should just save for other things instead. Ele proof potions help a lot too, and you could probably spare a mid-headgear (at least) with one of those cards that add 10% resistance to a certain element. Get a hiding accessory to hide from Gfist and other skills and to make the non-demon units look away from you.

For weapons, use a BxB. Elven is crap because you can't even hit Celias which are the biggest threat here. You could still use other elemental arrows with an Elven but your damage won't be very good. Immaterial, Wind, and Shadow arrows are my preferred arrows.

If you really wanna step up your game, you can bring a shield and switch to it whenever you're not attacking. Ogretooth is the card to get, but Cranial and Khalitzburg work too (since the Demons are the ones that see through Camo/Hide).

So as I mentioned, you should know when to strike and keep your distance. Stand away from other members so you don't get hit with Fireball or Thunderstorm along with them. After gwinging stand still and don't strike so quickly. Let the sorc land an ME first, let others attack then go for the kill. Hide/Camo right after AS.

P.S. Do the Cursed Spirit and Biolabs 4 Dungeon quest before going, so you can use the Bard to warp straight to Bio4. It's a real pain to everybody else too if you don't because then they will most likely have to help you just to get over there every time.

#3 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:07 AM

You told me to use wind in there when I asked you what element should I be lol. And I showed you it was crap(don't hate me :P). Anyway it is pretty hard but it is possible to solo it. I'm not sure if I'm ready to show the world a vid but I won't mind giving a few tips on how to do it properly.

The most important item that you will really need in there is either an elemental converter or a mild wind hat. The next one should be an unfrozen wind armor but only for switching when Celia has a magic circle around you. That would mean you're about to take a thunderstorm. If you default an unfrozen white wing suit then you should not worry about frost diver. Pop a thunderproof potion if you don't have wind armor. Also, you need to make sure that you have an elemental switching trap. I honestly never saw any other ranger that have this skill(but I know a very few who have). Which is why whenever I party, everyone has literally no clue of what I'm doing and everyone else is just please AS. Whenever you can't hit Celia all you have to do is either change her element or pop a converter if you don't have a mild wind active. Element change trap skill does not work on mini boss. Lastly, a Smokie carded accessory. Make sure you use hide when you're about to get fisted or bombed(you can teleport if you're soloing but I prefer hide to keep the count).

If you are in a party make sure you bring a shield. In this dungeon like the above poster said, ogretooth carded valk shield is a good option because neutral will just make you a vulnerable to other elemental attacks. If you can afford a Gtb carded shield then that would be your best option. Then like what was mentioned, know when to strike. Make sure you have camo on as much as possible. The only monsters that can detect you while camo is active other than the mini bosses are Chen and Gertie. I guess I would recommend to wear white wing set if you are in a party but if you want more survivability then unfrozen wind armor and temp hawkeye boots. Your damage would be lower without white wing set but you will have more suvivability. With temp hawkeye boots you will have to rely on it procing to do decent damage but it will drain your sp and it's either you will burn a lot of consumables for your sp or keep asking a sorc to feed you sp. make sure you have fcp on. If you don't and you got divested you can just relog. However, Flamel has a chance of breaking your armor.

If you want to solo it, the best tip that I can give you is don't get mob. You can prolly tank a max of 3 mobs(not Celia) depending on your build but you would definitely burn lots of healing items if you do that. Rangers are not meant to tank.

Edited by Memoir, 08 January 2015 - 02:50 AM.

#4 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

Other than proper gearing, the trick to not die so much in Bio4 is knowing when/what to strike, distance and location, and good use of Camo (or hiding accessory). It also depends on how good your party is as well of course.

For weapons, use a BxB. Elven is crap because you can't even hit Celias which are the biggest threat here. You could still use other elemental arrows with an Elven but your damage won't be very good. Immaterial, Wind, and Shadow arrows are my preferred arrows.

So as I mentioned, you should know when to strike and keep your distance. Stand away from other members so you don't get hit with Fireball or Thunderstorm along with them. After gwinging stand still and don't strike so quickly. Let the sorc land an ME first, let others attack then go for the kill. Hide/Camo right after AS.

P.S. Do the Cursed Spirit and Biolabs 4 Dungeon quest before going, so you can use the Bard to warp straight to Bio4. It's a real pain to everybody else too if you don't because then they will most likely have to help you just to get over there every time.

^

After 150, u should do Mora board quest or other board quest if u only have 1 b . (+12 BXB is around 1.4b).

In bio4 ,Holy,Fire armor are good ,but wind armor is the best.Celia casts water ,wind and fire spells.You just have to wear wind armor and use thurderproof +coldproof+fireproof+ increase HP large,so u dont have to worry about celia's water and wind spells .Fireball is the only problem but like AvalonEir said ,if u stand away from other member ,then u will not get hit with fireball. Anyway ,if u do 270k+ AS dmg on bio4 mob,u will only need to cast as then hide then cast AS again.If u have time to switch armor , shield and setup trap ,why don't u just hide then AS ~~?

About Arrow, you should ask if there is a SC or Warlock in your party.Like AvalonEir said ,Ghost wind and shadow are the main arrows.you should also bring holy,earth,water arrows.If there is a Sc or WL in your party , u will need to bring more wind arrows.

Party setup is so important .I did a bio4 with a lv 170 ranger who wear CD, rudolf hairband all the time .He only did 40k~60k AS dmg.I kicked him out of my party less than 10 min.Ranger is a killer class not puller.Don't pull all the mobs from tank into your party.This is why most of the bio4 party only want RK.It is hard to get a good ranger. But i did a bio4 run with 4 good rangers 1 sura 1 rk 1 ab 1 SC 1 gene ,it was the fastest bio4 run ever.

We only can give u an idea how to play ranger in bio4 ,but you need to try it first .You will know what u need after your first bio4 run.It is not that hard if you have the right gears and know what u need to do in the party . Ranger is fun to play in Bio4.You have to keep switching arrow to get highest AS dmg , hide and move to a good position. I did not like to play ranger in low,mid and high ti because i only needed to press F1 all the time. Please enjoy the game.When u want to play game ,u want to have fun . It is not fun if u keep dying XD.

PS. They should not put any 150- 175 board. They will regret.

Edited by 4782131221082418730, 08 January 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#5 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

do proof potions really stack? I don't think its the way they work..but i'm not too sure..

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

They do +20% to their element and -15% to the opposing element.

#7 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Dat's why you roll with all 4, 5% all <3

#8 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

^
After 150, u should do Mora board quest or other board quest if u only have 1 b . (+12 BXB is around 1.4b).

In bio4 ,Holy,Fire armor are good ,but wind armor is the best.Celia casts water ,wind and fire spells.You just have to wear wind armor and use thurderproof +coldproof+fireproof+ increase HP large,so u dont have to worry about celia's water and wind spells .Fireball is the only problem but like AvalonEir said ,if u stand away from other member ,then u will not get hit with fireball. Anyway ,if u do 270k+ AS dmg on bio4 mob,u will only need to cast as then hide then cast AS again.If u have time to switch armor , shield and setup trap ,why don't u just hide then AS ~~?

About Arrow, you should ask if there is a SC or Warlock in your party.Like AvalonEir said ,Ghost wind and shadow are the main arrows.you should also bring holy,earth,water arrows.If there is a Sc or WL in your party , u will need to bring more wind arrows.

Party setup is so important .I did a bio4 with a lv 170 ranger who wear CD, rudolf hairband all the time .He only did 40k~60k AS dmg.I kicked him out of my party less than 10 min.Ranger is a killer class not puller.Don't pull all the mobs from tank into your party.This is why most of the bio4 party only want RK.It is hard to get a good ranger. But i did a bio4 run with 4 good rangers 1 sura 1 rk 1 ab 1 SC 1 gene ,it was the fastest bio4 run ever.

We only can give u an idea how to play ranger in bio4 ,but you need to try it first .You will know what u need after your first bio4 run.It is not that hard if you have the right gears and know what u need to do in the party . Ranger is fun to play in Bio4.You have to keep switching arrow to get highest AS dmg , hide and move to a good position. I did not like to play ranger in low,mid and high ti because i only needed to press F1 all the time. Please enjoy the game.When u want to play game ,u want to have fun . It is not fun if u keep dying XD.

PS. They should not put any 150- 175 board. They will regret.

People like this is one of the main reasons why I lost the motivation to party. They give advice about a class that they are not playing. They just watch other people(who are stacked with high end gears and/or MVP cards) and act like they can do it. While I don't disagree with some of what you said, I find some of it offensive and I assure you that if I will ever be your party leader and you play ranger, I will make sure to treat you exactly like how you stated.

#9 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

People like this is one of the main reasons why I lost the motivation to party. They give advice about a class that they are not playing. They just watch other people(who are stacked with high end gears and/or MVP cards) and act like they can do it. While I don't disagree with some of what you said, I find some of it offensive and I assure you that if I will ever be your party leader and you play ranger, I will make sure to treat you exactly like how you stated.

Sorry,I have a 175 ranger and i am lvling another class.If a ranger uses Dex boots , unfrozen wind armor and set up a trap for Celia which can be killed by 2 AS or RK in my party, i will just insta kick the ranger.This is why people dont like to rec Ranger.If u are not a team player , then u should not join a Et/Bio 4 160+party.Remember u are not the only person in the party.You don't care that 1 or 3% exp ,but other people do .Do u understand that? I did it for the party.The ab in my party said "Thanks god ,finally u kicked him". Just like a gene doesn't FCP other people or tank.Why do i need that gene ? a lot of genes cannot find a party in Lhz.Maybe I was rude but welcome to the real world.And u should treat me like that for you party too if i don't do my job.

#10 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

Sorry,I have a 175 ranger and i am lvling another class.If a ranger uses Dex boots , unfrozen wind armor and set up a trap for Celia which can be killed by 2 AS or RK in my party, i will just insta kick the ranger.This is why people dont like to rec Ranger.If u are not a team player , then u should not join a Et/Bio 4 160+party.Remember u are not the only person in the party.You don't care that 1 or 3% exp ,but other people do .Do u understand that? I did it for the party.The ab in my party said "Thanks god ,finally u kicked him". Just like a gene doesn't FCP other people or tank.Why do i need that gene ? a lot of genes cannot find a party in Lhz.Maybe I was rude but welcome to the real world.And u should treat me like that for you party too if i don't do my job.

You just literally said to wear wind armor then say that if you do that you will insta kick in party? Can you please elaborate that for me? You maybe have a 175 ranger but anyone that have plenty of BMx3 can literally spam the base exp reward to get to 175. Now I want you to show me your ranger without MVP cards wearing a wind armor doing more than 60k arrow storm without no limit and haweye proc(though I already know its possible but I ask you to show us anyway). Because not everyone has them and because no limit and hawkeye doesn't really last long. Are you saying that putting a trap changing a monsters element is not part of team play? It boosts damage for other classes too. Can you show me killing Randel on 2 AS please?

If I will be in a party, I will see how communication in the party goes. If the party has a good communication then it shouldn't be a problem to talk to those who are not doing their job to get it right instead of just kicking them. Like you said, exp matters to others too(not to me really).

Edited by Memoir, 08 January 2015 - 07:39 PM.

#11 hashtagmilkshake

hashtagmilkshake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:40 PM

dang. I havent even seen bios yet but now I'm defnitantly intimidated lol

#12 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

You just literally said to wear wind armor then say that if you do that you will insta kick in party? Can you please elaborate that for me? You maybe have a 175 ranger but anyone that have plenty of BMx3 can literally spam the base exp reward to get to 175. Now I want you to show me your ranger without MVP cards wearing a wind armor doing more than 60k arrow storm without no limit. Because not everyone has them and because no limit doesn't really last long. Are you saying that putting a trap changing a monsters element is not part of team play? It boosts damage for other classes too.

You made my day sir .We are talking about Ranger .Wind armor=WWS with Dokebi (We all know) .Is it hard to deal to 60k AS dmg.Btw who will use aebecee's raging typhoon armor with unfrozen.Wait! You were the one who suggested people to use a mild wind hat,"unfrozen Wind armor", Dex boots with Hwkeyes ,shield and Element converters.Maybe you are super super super pro gear switcher.But Sorry ,i am not pro, i will just use "Hide". Well, u can set up a trap and let celia to step on it ,Celia wil be killed by rk or ranger b4 u do that kind of thing .Maybe u can ask them to wait for u.

"Wait!, Dont kill it , Let me switch my gears first then i will put a trap."

After few seconds. "Step on it ,B".

After another few seconds or few min  " OK guys u guys can attack now "

but most of your teammate got killed by Celia :D

BTW  I like your idea .It is interesting.I am not pro ,so  i dont understand .I apologize

#13 hashtagmilkshake

hashtagmilkshake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

I have a +9 BXB. I was planning on buying +9 WW's so I guess I'll just put a marc card in this sh*ty +4 ww armor I have.

#14 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

You made my day sir .We are talking about Ranger .Wind armor=WWS with Dokebi (We all know) .Is it hard to deal to 60k AS dmg.Btw who will use aebecee's raging typhoon armor with unfrozen.Wait! You were the one who suggested people to use a mild wind hat,"unfrozen Wind armor", Dex boots with Hwkeyes ,shield and Element converters.Maybe you are super super super pro gear switcher.But Sorry ,i am not pro, i will just use "Hide". Well, u can set up a trap and let celia to step on it ,Celia wil be killed by rk or ranger b4 u do that kind of thing .Maybe u can ask them to wait for u.

"Wait!, Dont kill it , Let me switch my gears first then i will put a trap."

After few seconds. "Step on it ,B".

After another few seconds or few min " OK guys u guys can attack now "

but most of your teammate got killed by Celia :D

BTW I like your idea .It is interesting.I am not pro ,so i dont understand .I apologize

Uhhh you can put an elemental change trap under your target. You don't have to wait for your target to step on it. And switching takes one button. And yes. Elemental converters for those who use Elven bow and arrows because not everyone has a big xbow or rich like you. Then again, the person that asked does have.

P.s. If you actually understood the first post I did in this topic, it's a list of options.

Edited by Memoir, 08 January 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#15 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

dang. I havent even seen bios yet but now I'm defnitantly intimidated lol

I am not pro , so i just AS then hide then AS again .It is fun to run Bio4.u should try it .

I have a +9 BXB. I was planning on buying +9 WW's so I guess I'll just put a marc card in this sh*ty +4 ww armor I have.

Well,maybe unfrozen wws is better "IDK". but i only got frozen 2 or 3 times pre Bio4 run.

Uhhh you can put an elemental change trap under your target. You don't have to wait for your target to step on it. And switching takes one button. And yes. Elemental converters for those who use Elven bow and arrows because not everyone has a big xbow or rich like you. Then again, the person that asked does have.

This is why some of my ranger frends said it is hard to find a bio4 party because most of party dont want ranger .btw Bio4 is not the only place to lvl up .Anyway i will just shut up . :p_hi:

#16 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

I don't even see the whole point of arguing. However, that still doesn't change my reasons on why I lost the motivation to party. Troll account or not, I shouldn't even have bothered to bite the trap.

#17 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

anyone that have plenty of BMx3 can literally spam the base exp reward to get to 175.
Can you show me killing Randel on 2 AS please?

XD Lvl up your char to 160+.

Errr? Randel ? We were talking about Celia all the time SIR. :bow:

let's stop here .I am noob sorry.

#18 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

Celia is not the only monster in bio. I was talking about the entire map. I only mentioned Celia cause its one that would do the most damage on rangers. Also my char is 160+. Though ropd will still show 159(i always try to hide from that scanner but I'm in no rush and I barely used a bm on my char). Let's just all be friends and love each other.

Edited by Memoir, 08 January 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#19 Potatold

Potatold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

You told me to use wind in there when I asked you what element should I be lol. And I showed you it was crap(don't hate me :P). Anyway it is pretty hard but it is possible to solo it. I'm not sure if I'm ready to show the world a vid but I won't mind giving a few tips on how to do it properly.

The most important item that you will really need in there is either an elemental converter or a mild wind hat. The next one should be an unfrozen wind armor but only for switching when Celia has a magic circle around you. That would mean you're about to take a thunderstorm. If you default an unfrozen white wing suit then you should not worry about frost diver. Pop a thunderproof potion if you don't have wind armor. Also, you need to make sure that you have an elemental switching trap. I honestly never saw any other ranger that have this skill(but I know a very few who have). Which is why whenever I party, everyone has literally no clue of what I'm doing and everyone else is just please AS. Whenever you can't hit Celia all you have to do is either change her element or pop a converter if you don't have a mild wind active. Element change trap skill does not work on mini boss. Lastly, a Smokie carded accessory. Make sure you use hide when you're about to get fisted or bombed(you can teleport if you're soloing but I prefer hide to keep the count).

If you are in a party make sure you bring a shield. In this dungeon like the above poster said, ogretooth carded valk shield is a good option because neutral will just make you a vulnerable to other elemental attacks. If you can afford a Gtb carded shield then that would be your best option. Then like what was mentioned, know when to strike. Make sure you have camo on as much as possible. The only monsters that can detect you while camo is active other than the mini bosses are Chen and Gertie. I guess I would recommend to wear white wing set if you are in a party but if you want more survivability then unfrozen wind armor and temp hawkeye boots. Your damage would be lower without white wing set but you will have more suvivability. With temp hawkeye boots you will have to rely on it procing to do decent damage but it will drain your sp and it's either you will burn a lot of consumables for your sp or keep asking a sorc to feed you sp. make sure you have fcp on. If you don't and you got divested you can just relog. However, Flamel has a chance of breaking your armor.

If you want to solo it, the best tip that I can give you is don't get mob. You can prolly tank a max of 3 mobs(not Celia) depending on your build but you would definitely burn lots of healing items if you do that. Rangers are not meant to tank.

May I ask for a record of your gameplay with said gears/skill setup?

And I think that we should ask OP what is his/her ranger's build, since I think what 478213221082418730 was talking about is about AS ranger, and sorry if my assumption is incorrect, I would guess you are aspd build. We all know aspd ranger is completely capable of solo bio4 (abeit a "little" slow). So this argument is kind of invalid even though it was really entertaining  :pif: .

Tl; dr: Record ploz.

#20 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:36 AM

Please re read first paragraph of that post. Any aspd build can be AS if you wear AS gear. But I don't think you can ever go solo in there if you are pure AS. It's possible but no randel and chen unless you can 1 shot chen.

Edited by Memoir, 09 January 2015 - 02:46 AM.

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

Just gonna point it out.

If you are gonna party in bio4, just put together a simple WWS, get a +9 Autumn Headband, a +9 or higher Big Crossbow with any cards you want really and roll with Elven Arrows.

Fact is at this point it completely depends on your party. 9 times out of 10 just use non-elemental damage, because chances are you are gonna be in a party with multiple AoE DPS. Now if you have access to a thana or SS bow, then even better, but don't waste your time with wind UNLESS you are in a party with freezers and you are either the sole dps or the only AoE.

Why you may ask? Simple. Freezing is what makes wind Good~ When you got other rangers or especially RKs, even more so with Maestros, you will barely get a shot in on frozen targets and deal either little to no damage with your AS. At least with neutral all but celia get hit relatively hard. If your party is well balanced, just slightly change your game plan. If you got tonnes of RKs and a maestro, don't bother with anything other than elven arrows and cursed water, as you can deal a lot of damage to the paladins that way. And the same goes with any other party, just change depending on the situation.

In terms of living, no matter if you have an RG keeping you alive or not, don't rush in front and don't stay in one place. In fact, keep a little distance from the group as a whole. If you are gwinging everywhere, just slightly move because even if you wear wind armor, fact is you will still get killed if there are more than 1 thunderstorms going off.

For later levels use insurance, it is stupid not too.

Lastly, if you have a good leader, they will ask you to call out when you use no limits (this is a must have skill for 1 minute of fun). You are very squishy in this state, so always keep moving. Fact is, your play style only slightly varies depending on the party, but for the most part keep yourself a top priority, others simply won't care if you die a lot :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users