21 replies to this topic

#1 Ramball

Ramball

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

Hey fellow Rose players,

I used to play before the skills were changed and still have a cleric with decent buffs. I have been playing for a couple of days now and I have seen and encountered some stuff that I would like to share. I'd say the new ROSE has a lot of advantages, but there are some leftover disadvantages. 

Even though the servers are relatively empty, every time I start a new character I find new other characters too to party with, new players do arive. After around level 40, this gets harder and harder. I think a lot of people stop ROSE somewhere between 40 and 100, the following reasons are key:

1. - There are many maps and locations where one can level, lowering the chance of encountering people and lowering the chance of reaching people through chat/shout. 

* I have seen ROSE clients that had a party search system, I would suggest this could greatly increase the endurance of new players/characters. Party's increase the experience and joy of the game greatly.

2. There is a huge gap between very high level players and very low level players. This is due to the fact that leveling used to be easy, and now takes longer. New players who do not have access to buffs have an even harder time getting to higher levels.

*I loved to hear about the buff a noob idea, though this is still mostly for players having higher characters. A possible solution would be to create spots where relatively weak buffs are constantly given. (Hard to balance, since clerics would become obsolete if buffs are too strong).

3. The economy is made up only of high level players. The amount of Zuly (or items worth zuly) is so much more efficient that all items are way too expensive for low level players. As a second note, there is a lack of low level item sales. New players are unable to buy/achieve strong items which keeps them relatively weak compared to their "High level, rich, new character" counterparts.

E.G. I do have a high level cleric, but no money. My main income is through refines (100k per type of essence). Level 50+ items (wings, masks, etc) are sold for over 50mil each. Gems like P2 are 2 mil already.

*Dealing with this would allow new players to have a more "playable" game, but it would go at the cost of the higher leveled players.

(a possible solution would be to take away a % of ALL zuly to level the field a bit)

I have no intention of blaming anyone or harming anyone. Let's discuss and perhaps we can be able to let this game grow a bit again. More players equals more fun equals more players!

PS: I do enjoy the idea of merging the servers, I hope to hear more about that too! :D

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:04 AM

I don't know which server you are playing, but your observations are quite acute! As for low level items, if you find yourself in need, feel free to pm me. I have artisans on both servers, and will do my best to supply you with what you need and at a reasonable price.

Edited by pdfisher, 09 January 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#3 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts
  • LocationOver there! *points to popcorn machine*
  • Server:Forums

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:19 AM

Moved to proposals and suggestions.

#4 Ramball

Ramball

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

@pdfisher I am talking about the Leonis server. I thank you for offering good sales, though my main intention is to increase the population a little. I will be fine since personally since I have a higher level cleric ;)

#5 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

I don't know which server you are playing, but your observations are quite acute! As for low level items, if you find yourself in need, feel free to pm me. I have artisans on both servers, and will do my best to supply you with what you need and at a reasonable price.

Noob001: hi pdfisher
pdfisher: hi Noob001

Noob001: I need help, can you please help me?
pdfisher: oh sure, what do you need?

Noob001: hm...perhaps you can give me some zulie or items?

:petting:

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:56 AM

Noob001: hi pdfisher
pdfisher: hi Noob001

Noob001: I need help, can you please help me?
pdfisher: oh sure, what do you need?

Noob001: hm...perhaps you can give me some zulie or items?

:petting:

I actually have given items recently to a noob. I rarely give zulies as I don't tend to have much myself. I don't mind giving things away if I can. Heck all it was doing was sitting in my inventory anyway. :P

#7 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:08 AM

I actually have given items recently to a noob. I rarely give zulies as I don't tend to have much myself. I don't mind giving things away if I can. Heck all it was doing was sitting in my inventory anyway. :P

i used to help lowbies with reinf gear too or unique weps when they shout for it and then i say: pay what you can afford to give XD.

but well that is what i used to do.

good job Pam

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:21 AM

You two ever hear the saying "give a man a fish, feed him a day. Teach him to fish, and he'll feed himself forever"? Well, you're doing that to the noobies, so stop. You give them everything, they're going to always expect it. why do you think we have such a lazy community in terms of dungeons, pvp, and farming... 

#9 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:32 AM

You two ever hear the saying "give a man a fish, feed him a day. Teach him to fish, and he'll feed himself forever"? Well, you're doing that to the noobies, so stop. You give them everything, they're going to always expect it. why do you think we have such a lazy community in terms of dungeons, pvp, and farming... 

you cant expect a newbie to lvl a arti and craft stuff theirselves only to give their lowbie reinf gear.

thats why people like pam and myself just sell reinf stuff cheap to those.

i never give for free but for cheap so even newbies can pay it, so they still need to work for it.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

You missed the point. Give them the gift of knowledge on how to make money, to buy the gears at NORMAL prices. selling cheap, is nearly as damaging as giving. You think just because you joined last week, that I'm going to give you a "cheap" priest hat? No. Your lack of sense of value for those reinf gears is being inadvertently passed onto them. They'd feel much better about their own efforts, if they could earn their own cut instead of hearing "oh, you're new, here let me sell you this cheap". The just projects the sense that the item doesn't have any value, and they're spending all that effort, to be told inadvertently that their effort isn't worth normal prices. That their efforts are "cheap" and under valued. see what I mean? 

I coach newbies all the time, teach them, pass them knowledge so they can make it on their own steam, not off charity and "cheap" items. 

#11 Ramball

Ramball

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:21 PM

You guys are all completely missing the point of this topic. You guys didn't even slightly discuss any of the points I made. And no I have no intention to beg for items here >.>

So any more useful reactions?

#12 Holyfrost

Holyfrost

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationJunon Polis

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:04 AM

1. - There are many maps and locations where one can level, lowering the chance of encountering people and lowering the chance of reaching people through chat/shout. 

* I have seen ROSE clients that had a party search system, I would suggest this could greatly increase the endurance of new players/characters. Party's increase the experience and joy of the game greatly.

I agree with your statement. Some people may say that everyone who is anyone can go and skip through maps. But in my opinion, new players often are not aware of the forums, or the happenings in the game itself. I skipped through maps till 230 (I knew how, that's why) but when i'm wandering around Rose (when i'm extremely bored) I actually see players leveling through various maps with no parties.

2. There is a huge gap between very high level players and very low level players. This is due to the fact that leveling used to be easy, and now takes longer. New players who do not have access to buffs have an even harder time getting to higher levels.

*I loved to hear about the buff a noob idea, though this is still mostly for players having higher characters. A possible solution would be to create spots where relatively weak buffs are constantly given. (Hard to balance, since clerics would become obsolete if buffs are too strong).

I slightly disagree here. I don't really need cleric buffs when i'm leveling. I usually go sell the stuff that I usually pick up from mobs, and then buy the cheapest of buff potions (not the ones that cost over 100,000). 

Since our economy is rising, buying NPC food is not that hard anymore. You can survive with food and pots (some people sell low level pots around Junon). until 130 or so. After that, I go find parties.

3. The economy is made up only of high level players. The amount of Zuly (or items worth zuly) is so much more efficient that all items are way too expensive for low level players. As a second note, there is a lack of low level item sales. New players are unable to buy/achieve strong items which keeps them relatively weak compared to their "High level, rich, new character" counterparts.

I agree with this, because it's true. To catch up with the economy we'd have to spend real money to convert to IM Points, then sell them. Farming is pretty tough, and will take ages if you're new. I mean, I haven't even been able to buy a medal from players, especially with the prices right now. 100 IM for 700M. I guess I can only buy 50 IM or so,

*Dealing with this would allow new players to have a more "playable" game, but it would go at the cost of the higher leveled players.

(a possible solution would be to take away a % of ALL zuly to level the field a bit)

I 39.99% agree, 60.01% disagree.

It would really help low leveled players to catch up with the economy. But if the total zulie count in the game is reduced, then prices will go down too. Chems that are over 70k might revert to being 35k. The market is going to be the same, just prices lowered, zulie will still be hard to get.

Also, if a certain "%" is reduced from all the players, money and effort will all go to waste. I've been saving 500m for a month now, if 10% is taken away from it. I'd be sticking with 450m. Kinda wasted a few days there.

#13 Ramball

Ramball

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

Thank you for the reply.

I do have to agree on you that lowering the total zuly would have more disadvantages than advantages. 

I also did not know about the buff potions, that do is good news for low level players :)

I've heared of rumours that both servers will be merged. In my opinion it would be great if that happens. I would even hope for a new server. (Let's say: Draconis + Leonis = server 1, New server = server 2). Would enough people be interested in a restart? :X

Oh well just some more ideas :)

#14 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

Thank you for the reply.

I do have to agree on you that lowering the total zuly would have more disadvantages than advantages. 

I also did not know about the buff potions, that do is good news for low level players :)

I've heared of rumours that both servers will be merged. In my opinion it would be great if that happens. I would even hope for a new server. (Let's say: Draconis + Leonis = server 1, New server = server 2). Would enough people be interested in a restart? :X

if i lose my items or even levels then i am out, so no way not interested in a restart.

merge is to get more people in one server, so making a new one too would make no sense..

#15 Ramball

Ramball

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

I did not intent a restart as in a reset: losing levels/items. I do intended a restart as in a new empty server. Your point is valid, however, in the new server players would be clustered together more. It would allow a healthy economy, new chances for every player and hopefully more total players because new players are willing to stay more often/longer.

#16 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

I did not intent a restart as in a reset: losing levels/items. I do intended a restart as in a new empty server. Your point is valid, however, in the new server players would be clustered together more. It would allow a healthy economy, new chances for every player and hopefully more total players because new players are willing to stay more often/longer.

merge: both servers info combies to a server with new name. so actually what you want so wait till server merge will come in the future!

#17 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

This is not a rumor, but a fact. It will happen, but we don't know when. We don't need two servers at the moment, there aren't enough on the two we have now. Let's get these two merged, and take it from there.

#18 Ramball

Ramball

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

Alright sounds good! Can't wait ;)

#19 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

Actually keeping hyper-inflation in check is critical to a healthy environment, as well as a competitive one. Economics would tell you that. 

Edited by Feuer, 15 January 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#20 DhsguiKch

DhsguiKch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

Alright sounds good! Can't wait ;)

don't wait for it because it will probably take forerver.. i waited so much time and stayed on the game just because of the stupid merge and it never happend even tough everyone keep said "soon" or "1 month" "3 month" .. i doubt if it will happen before summer or when this year will be over

#21 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

The logistics of a server merge are horrendous. This is going to take quite a bit of time I imagine. This is why Leo and Genesis keep saying there is no time line on this yet. So when someone comes on and says oh it is going to happen soon, or in x amount of time, you willl know that this isn't true. I am quite sure Leo and/or Genesis will give us a heads up before the merge happens.

#22 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

Hey fellow Rose players,

I used to play before the skills were changed and still have a cleric with decent buffs. I have been playing for a couple of days now and I have seen and encountered some stuff that I would like to share. I'd say the new ROSE has a lot of advantages, but there are some leftover disadvantages. 

Even though the servers are relatively empty, every time I start a new character I find new other characters too to party with, new players do arive. After around level 40, this gets harder and harder. I think a lot of people stop ROSE somewhere between 40 and 100, the following reasons are key:

E.G. I do have a high level cleric, but no money. My main income is through refines (100k per type of essence). Level 50+ items (wings, masks, etc) are sold for over 50mil each. Gems like P2 are 2 mil already.

I have no intention of blaming anyone or harming anyone. Let's discuss and perhaps we can be able to let this game grow a bit again. More players equals more fun equals more players!

PS: I do enjoy the idea of merging the servers, I hope to hear more about that too! :D

1) I came from as server that had the party search system and it might be helpful here but not if the party is botting because no one will be at the pc to reply when you ask them if you can join. We were able to choose not to have our party showing on the list and I think that would be important if this feature is ever added. I've got to say that anytime I am on a lower level map, I see people leveling- some with a cleric and some on their own. Maybe it isn't the throngs of people you might remember from the old days but this game is over 10 years old. Personally I'm encouraged to see activity on the low level maps when you consider how easy it is to level and the fact that people don't stay in those areas for very long.

2) The idea of an npc buffer is a good one, as long as the buffs are not as strong as a cleric's. You don't want to remove the incentive for players to make their own clerics or make clerics obsolete.

3) At least on Draconis, I can say for sure that many of the shops currently selling the low level items with good stats are newer players who decided to make an artisan in addition to a fighter and cleric. I know because I have been helping them with buffs, reinforced gear, and advice. Not every new player will be so ambitious but the fact that some are is pretty great imo. They didn't just whine about not having zulie- they found a way to make some. Not directed at you personally btw, just a general comment. In any game you are going to see a huge gap between the players who have been there for years and brand new players. It would certainly not be fair to remove anything from the players that earned it- whether it's zulie or items. That would be like saying that their years of playing were for nothing. Better to give newbies some ideas on how they can make zulie themselves. Most of the really high priced items are not necessities anyway, they are luxuries.  It's like window shopping - nice to see and something to work towards but not required.

The whole trade system that was implemented last July has made a big impact on the economy in a positive way. People are selling reinforced gear now at more reasonable prices. There are shops with backshields and wings. It's a big change from when I started here not so long ago. Selling IM is a lucrative way to make zulie but it isn't the only way unless you want to be "rich" right now and I think that feeding into that thinking defeats the purpose of working towards goals and feeling proud when you achieve them. No one appreciates something if it's just handed to them.

As Pam said, the server merge is an enormous task and will not happen instantly. I'm sure we will be updated on the progress once there is something to report.. It's way too soon to speculate on the details. That only creates misunderstandings and mis-information to be spread which then causes confusion but I am positive that this merge will NOT cause anyone to lose levels, characters, items or zulie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users