2 quick questions (Dex vs Str and Atk Speed) - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

2 quick questions (Dex vs Str and Atk Speed)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MartinCL

MartinCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

Hello!

I'm new to the server, right now I'm a Hawker Lv. 35 playing in Draconis :)

I've seen in the forums that for Dual Wield Hawker/Raiders Str will give more AP than Dex,

so as I want to deal high damage I put all my points into str and got some Ruby 7,

but then, just to see the difference I tried replacing the necklace with Ruby 7 for one with a Garnet 7 (same necklace),

and for my surprise I had more Attack with the Garnet, even considering my base dex was way lower than my base str (considering gems add +5%),

so I'm confused now.. does str really add more AP than dex?

And the other question;

is there a stat that increases attack speed?

Or just equipment, gems, skills?

Thanks! :D

Edited by MartinCL, 09 January 2015 - 08:55 AM.

#2 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

Dex gives more since the main skill update, where did you read that?

If it was a locked thread that would be the reason it was locked.

#3 MartinCL

MartinCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

Here: http://forums.warppo...at-bonus-chart/

And in almost every topic I found searching with google.

So, I reseted my stats from dex to str when dex was right.. great :/

Aaand all my equipment has str.

Maybe I'll have to start again >.<

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

Here: http://forums.warppo...at-bonus-chart/

And in almost every topic I found searching with google.

So, I reseted my stats from dex to str when dex was right.. great :/

Aaand all my equipment has str.

Maybe I'll have to start again >.<

Not a locked topic but it's from 2010.  A lot has changed since then. It's hard to keep up with all of the changes sometimes. I found a more current topic but it's also a year old. You might be able to use it for reference even tho it's for a pvp build  http://forums.warppo...uest/?p=1664857

You didn't mention what level you are. If you're still fairly low level it might be easier to make a new character. If not, remember that even if you have already used your 1 free reset from the mayor, you can always buy a Testimony of Retraining from the IM or a player's shop and reset the stats again.

I noticed that you're on Draconis. I am too so if I can help with buffs (or reinforced gear for training) just message me in-game. Ign's are HoneyBuns or Sulky

Don't get discouraged. We have all made mistakes on characters in the past.

#5 MartinCL

MartinCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

I'm Lv35, and yeah I just spend 5$ and bought one of those (even tho I'm still low level I just didn't wanted to start again hehe).

So I have all Dex now, and using those "Max Stat" clothes from vendings (bought all +20 dex, +50 critical) and I'm doing fine.

I would love your help, thanks :)

And in continue with the original topic,

what about the attack speed? :o

Edited by MartinCL, 09 January 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#6 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

Aw you should have waited until level 50, you get a free reset from the mayor in Junon. Next time I suppose~

Attack speed is only increased by equipment, skills, gems, buffs, and sub stats.

Edited by Zurn, 09 January 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#7 MartinCL

MartinCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

Aw you should have waited until level 50, you get a free reset from the mayor in Junon. Next time I suppose~

Attack speed is only increased by equipment, skills, gems, buffs, and sub stats.

And yet another fail hehe.

Well thank you both for your help :)

Hey may I ask another question,

in my characters stats I got 50% critical, and sen is not increasing anymore,

is 50% the cap? :)

#8 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

50% is, but as you level it scales and you will need more sen to increase/keep it at 50%.

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

The max for any stat is 400 (that is base, no weapon, armor, or anything else bonuses included).

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

As the self appointed dual Guru [lols] here's some tips for you.

DEX: Main AP + Dodge. Medium Priority.

STR: Secondary AP + Def + Max HP [also weight carry] Medium Priority.

CHA: Buff increase + Debuff increase + Healing increase. Medium Priority.

[by medium priority I mean they should all be close in value. if you have 130 dex at your level, having 100-130 str and 100-130 cha is recommended] 

Secondary considerations.

SEN: Critical Rate + 1/10 AP [10sen = 1 ap before passives]

If you're doing PvM this is a potent stat, if you get a 50% critical rate, you're effectively increased your DPS by 25%. Easily done in PvM.

Attack Speed: In conjunction with Shattering Blows and a modest CHA build, you can stack def pierce, def downs and pierce defense items to get an unholy amount of defense mitigation. 1 build I'd worked out had the following

40% + 1009 def pierce. [Def pierce passives + Def pierce set + gems]

35% + 1400 def down.

This turns even knights into paper bags. If you have the critical advantage + a citrine, using bloody assault [340% + 160] with 80% critical damage. You're going to damage cap on any class [with exception to a blocked hit]. 

Accuracy: Duals have modest accuracy, in PvM this isn't an issue. For PvP you might want an accuracy set. 

I'd recommend you have approximately 2k accuracy [full buffed]. You can get this without the accuracy passives if you use an Exalted set with 20con / 75 accu sub-stats. This set is almost entirely geared towards fighting Katars / Duals. Scouts have near laughable dodge in most cases unless they've build for it and invested many gear slots / subs to dodge [most won't].

And Lastly, MoveSpeed:

Raiders in general have good movespeed. However nothing is more frustrating then being a melee and getting kited constantly by a ranged char. Give yourself some movespeed + make sure you get Enfeeblement. It doesn't last long, but it can work as a gap closer. Also, if your build allows for stealth, it can double as a get out / gap closer. Same can also be said for mystic knife.

Cheers, and goodluck. 

Edited by Feuer, 09 January 2015 - 06:27 PM.

#11 MartinCL

MartinCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

Apreciate all the tips, I'll for sure have them in consideration :)

#12 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

wait til you're max level to reset

#13 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

As the self appointed dual Guru [lols] here's some tips for you.

DEX: Main AP + Dodge. Medium Priority.

STR: Secondary AP + Def + Max HP [also weight carry] Medium Priority.

CHA: Buff increase + Debuff increase + Healing increase. Medium Priority.

[by medium priority I mean they should all be close in value. if you have 130 dex at your level, having 100-130 str and 100-130 cha is recommended] 

Secondary considerations.

SEN: Critical Rate + 1/10 AP [10sen = 1 ap before passives]

If you're doing PvM this is a potent stat, if you get a 50% critical rate, you're effectively increased your DPS by 25%. Easily done in PvM.

Attack Speed: In conjunction with Shattering Blows and a modest CHA build, you can stack def pierce, def downs and pierce defense items to get an unholy amount of defense mitigation. 1 build I'd worked out had the following

40% + 1009 def pierce. [Def pierce passives + Def pierce set + gems]

35% + 1400 def down.

This turns even knights into paper bags. If you have the critical advantage + a citrine, using bloody assault [340% + 160] with 80% critical damage. You're going to damage cap on any class [with exception to a blocked hit]. 

Accuracy: Duals have modest accuracy, in PvM this isn't an issue. For PvP you might want an accuracy set. 

I'd recommend you have approximately 2k accuracy [full buffed]. You can get this without the accuracy passives if you use an Exalted set with 20con / 75 accu sub-stats. This set is almost entirely geared towards fighting Katars / Duals. Scouts have near laughable dodge in most cases unless they've build for it and invested many gear slots / subs to dodge [most won't].

And Lastly, MoveSpeed:

Raiders in general have good movespeed. However nothing is more frustrating then being a melee and getting kited constantly by a ranged char. Give yourself some movespeed + make sure you get Enfeeblement. It doesn't last long, but it can work as a gap closer. Also, if your build allows for stealth, it can double as a get out / gap closer. Same can also be said for mystic knife.

Cheers, and goodluck. 

Believe it or not, you are one of the people that I had suggested Martin send a pm to, asking for some tips on a build for a dual raider. You saved him the trouble by posting this and also probably helped others who have questions like this.  Actually I'll be refering to this also when I get started on my next round of characters probably in a few months from now so thanks from me too. ^^

Would this advice hold true for someone who does not plan to pvp and if not, what changes would you suggest?

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

Yup all of it is class relevant. If you hit any snags or have other specific questions you can just post them or pm me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users