4 replies to this topic

#1 enonymous

enonymous

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

Sorry if this has been asked a million times... I did try to do some searching around but I have been getting confused by acronyms and how outdated or current things are.

I'm trying to make a MvP Geneticist.  I'm not interested in WoE.  I have been thinking I would be going with the Acid Bomb and Expert Archer enchanted Fallen Angel Wings build.  I'm not familiar with Cart Cannon.  Is it superior to Acid Bomb in anyway?  I'm probably going to be trying to solo low-mid MvPs for the most part.

I'm really not sure what skills I should get.  Besides Acid Bomb and the Homun skills, what other skills should I be looking at?  Aid Potion, Aid Condensed Potion, Prepare Potion, Full Chemical Protect, Blood Sucker, Cart Boost?  Should I still get Cart Cannon for leveling purposes?

What homunculus s is best for MvPing?  I'm getting split information between Sera and Deiter.  Right now I have a lvl 91 Amistr; should I have gone with a Vanilmirth instead?

Sorry for all the questions I really appreciate any help I can get.  A lot of these things are new to me, I'm an old player coming back.

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

Amistr is the best in my opinion. If you set Bulwark lvl 3 in your AI. It will give you a boost in vit and def. Vanil is not very good after renewal in my personal opinion.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

Cart cannon is what you level with, kill normal monsters with, and kill ghost (and some shadow/holy) MVPs with.

We're fortunate enough that CC and AB both depend on the same stats - but not in the same ratios. Int is better than str for CC, but the reverse is true for AB, and AB also gets more out of luk.

Ami -> Sera, for sure. Painkiller is really great - you're pretty much invincible until facing monsters level 140+. Against the biggest of MVPs, some argue for granitic armor + pyro. Unless you want to pot with Twilight/Prepare Potion, in which case you want a vani.

Biochem skills are pretty simple, as your class defining skills leave little to choice - and for gen skills, once you get the first 15, there's little urgency in spending the points. Did you read my genetic build info thread?

Skills (these apply to any genetic build):[/size]
Merchant:[/size]
IWL10, Cart 10 Mammo 10 (optional), whatever else you need for merchanty duties. [/size]

Biochem:[/size]
AB, FCP, and all prereqs, and level 1 of all homun skills, then pick 2 of these 5 options:[/size]
1) Potion Research to 10 - for the regen. [/size]
2) Aid Potion 5[/size]
3) Summon Flora - for hell plant builds (ie, woe builds)[/size]
4) Homun Res 5 instead of 1[/size]
5) Axe Mastery 5 (1 choice) or 10 (both choices) for small increase in CC damage. [/size]

Genetic:[/size]
Cart Cannon, Boost, Remodeling 5[/size]
Sword Mastery 5 (for added CC damage - debatable in some builds)[/size]

29 skill points left. [/size]

#4 enonymous

enonymous

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Azzy- I did read your guide and read through a couple pages of the discussion.  Just a couple questions:

1. FCP is Full Chemical Protection right?

2. How useful is Aid Potion?  I used it pretty often as an alchemist but I have heard that a lot of Geneticists just res their homun if they die and don't bother trying to aid potion them.  That would probably require lvl 5 homun resurrection though, right?

3. What about Aid Condensed Potion?

4. Is Axe Mastery useful at all?  I was under the impression that my main weapon would be RTE.

5. Is Cultivate Plant used for anything?  I don't get the point of it but I have seen people use it before.

EDIT-  two more questions

Castlings seems really useful but I cannot seem to get it to work.  The monsters never change target to my Amistr.  Is there a trick that I am missing to get this to work more effectively?

Any suggestions for good MvPs to start out with when I am a Genetic?

Edited by enonymous, 10 January 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

1. Well, I don't see any other skills on the skill tree that could be abbreviated "FCP" so....

2. Only useful for healing/SPing homun. Sure, we'd love to get AP5 or HR5, but we don't always have that luxury. It is acceptable (though annoying) to have no AP and HR1 (that's what my male gen has)

3. Insanely long fixed cast time makes the skill completely and utterly worthless. Besides, it's 15 points to get, but you don';t have that many points after getting the class-defining skills (skills that you have to get, otherwise you are unable to fulfil the role of your class). 

4. It effects swords too, but the damage added per level is lousy. You don't have the points for it anyway. 

5. Incredibly useful for testing, and has application in exotic use cases, but not particularly useful for most. 

6. No trick, the target changing just doesn't work that well. 

7. Start with easy ones that nobody's comping. The old ones on boring maps that nobody gets excited about now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users