49 replies to this topic

#1 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

Some players are having trouble attending bsq's due to a difference in time zones. I suggest having bsq's held more frequently.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

Thank you, noxis.

I think you're right and I will forward your suggestion to the producer.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 12 January 2015 - 06:05 PM.

#3 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

Sounds like a fantastic idea.

I support this.

Make it happen Popcorn

#4 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

Ranking mode got changed from 2 hours to lasting 12 hours to accommodate the international players. This should be do-able. However, do make sure BSQ is not bugged...

#5 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

aside from some of the BSQ's being bugged, it is a simple matter to change bsq times. i believe storm has suggested this before. still, should be a positive change. 

*improved bsq rewards. no one wants to bsq for 20 minutes for 7 gold and .10% exp potion.

i suggest 7 blue ins, 7 reins, 7 soul box, 2 star fragments for winning team in addition to normal prizes

tissue consolation prize (ff7), 2 blue ins, 2 reins, 1 soul box for losing team 

Edited by sean718, 12 January 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#6 rockstar999

rockstar999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

Yes, this is a great idea. Fix the bsq bugs and make them more frequent so that all players all around the world would have a chance to participate in bsq.

#7 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

aside from some of the BSQ's being bugged, it is a simple matter to change bsq times. i believe storm has suggested this before. still, should be a positive change. 

*improved bsq rewards. no one wants to bsq for 20 minutes for 7 gold and .10% exp potion.

i suggest 7 blue ins, 7 reins, 7 soul box for winning team in addition to normal prizes

Which brings me to my second point. the current prizes are horrible, they need a revamp aside from signs of hero which are necessary for job change. Those are solid suggestions and I believe before ShazamO left, he said that the goal was to make this game less pay to win. 

#8 rockstar999

rockstar999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Which brings me to my second point. the current prizes are horrible, they need a revamp aside from signs of hero which are necessary for job change. Those are solid suggestions and I believe before ShazamO left, he said that the goal was to make this game less pay to win. 

Better prizes sounds like a marvelous idea. I think they should implement better prizes for participating in bsq which would encourage more players to participate. MORE  PEOPLE = MORE FUN

#9 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

Those prizes are too good which may lead to people rigging BSQ for auto-win to get those insurance scrolls. What about star fragments as prizes on top of what is awarded? Not everyone would need them and whoever do win star fragments could make some nice gold, especially the lower level players.

#10 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

Those prizes are too good which may lead to people rigging BSQ for auto-win to get those insurance scrolls. What about star fragments as prizes on top of what is awarded? Not everyone would need them and whoever do win star fragments could make some nice gold, especially the lower level players

i don't agree with the rigging bsq. a lot of stacked players are competitive against other stacked players. but my suggestion is merely just that, a suggestion. star frags as a reward is cool.

#11 JustGreat

JustGreat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:45 PM

Can battle square be every hour 

#12 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

I hope the developers would make these changes.  This would provide a better gaming experience to all players. Bsq is really competitive and by providing these extravagant prizes this would revitalize the spirit of PVP! 

Lets do it.

Edited by stiffyliffyriffy, 12 January 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#13 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:24 AM

I agree with you completely.

i suggest 7 blue ins, 7 reins, 7 soul box, 2 star fragments for winning team in addition to normal prizes

This is a bit too much. But we well think about better prices. Don't forget not everyone plays PvP and this high valued prices are unfair to PvE players. But I defenitely agree that there must be done something regarding the rewards.

Can battle square be every hour 

I will see what can be done.

I will forward all your complains and suggestions to the producer when I see him.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 13 January 2015 - 02:25 AM.

#14 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:55 AM

Battlesquare itself is a somewhat flawed system. Reward improvements are nice but it's too easy to afk rewards but any suggestions of "Point minimum for better rewards" gets shut down by the fact that typically, 1 person will be the flag-carrying tank, usually a Priest or Sorcerer, and few people will get points until they actually die.

Time-zone differences are an issue. Aside from bugged Battlesquares as well. The entire idea needs a bit of a rework.

I recall an old topic discussing possible Battlesquare reworks. But it went from good rework ideas to "Why Invoker needs a nerf in Battlesquare." from what I've read on it.

Topic: http://forums.warppo...tiondiscussion/

Don't revive it as it's 13 pages down the General Discussion topic list. But use it as a sort of base for any ideas to rework Battlesquare.

#15 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:24 AM

Thank you, Coolsam, for the info.

I will have a closer look over the topic you linked and see what useful infos and ideas I can get out of it and forward to the producer.

#16 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

Battlesquare itself is a somewhat flawed system. Reward improvements are nice but it's too easy to afk rewards but any suggestions of "Point minimum for better rewards" gets shut down by the fact that typically, 1 person will be the flag-carrying tank, usually a Priest or Sorcerer, and few people will get points until they actually die.

Time-zone differences are an issue. Aside from bugged Battlesquares as well. The entire idea needs a bit of a rework.

I recall an old topic discussing possible Battlesquare reworks. But it went from good rework ideas to "Why Invoker needs a nerf in Battlesquare." from what I've read on it.

Topic: http://forums.warppo...tiondiscussion/

Don't revive it as it's 13 pages down the General Discussion topic list. But use it as a sort of base for any ideas to rework Battlesquare.

I have merely suggested time changes simply because it's what can be done at the point in time. We all know bsq and pvp itself needs some rework, but that is not at all possible as we are now. The more realistic your expectations, the less your disappointment.

As far as the whole debate between priests and sorcerers, well, you need more pvp experience before you can make that claim.

they should, however, revert evade, block rate, and remove cd caps for certain classes.

Edited by noxis, 13 January 2015 - 07:11 AM.

#17 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

While they're at it, they should fix the 40-50, 51-60 and 81-85 bsq bug.

#18 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

This is a bit too much. But we well think about better prices. Don't forget not everyone plays PvP and this high valued prices are unfair to PvE players. But I defenitely agree that there must be done something regarding the rewards.

As I see it many events have been provided for PVE the population, you could even say catered (drop coin events, silver coin events, etc.). Which is fine, but at the same time you will hardly see anything towards the average PVP nut who waits exactly at the time BSQ starts just so they can play.

They simply upgrade their gear to just participate in a lowly BSQ that may or may not have any participants for meager prizes, while farmers who don't mind farming can farm wholeheartedly for drop events, etc. You can argue that PVPers can farm if they wanted to for the prizes, but that argument also goes for PVEer's, they can pvp for prizes as well.

So, if you are going to separate PVPers from PVEers, then do so in an even fashion.

In conclusion, there needs to be more incentive to participate in BSQ that much is a fact.

#19 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

As I see it many events have been provided for PVE the population, you could even say catered (drop coin events, silver coin events, etc.). Which is fine, but at the same time you will hardly see anything towards the average PVP nut who waits exactly at the time BSQ starts just so they can play.

They simply upgrade their gear to just participate in a lowly BSQ that may or may not have any participants for meager prizes, while farmers who don't mind farming can farm wholeheartedly for drop events, etc. You can argue that PVPers can farm if they wanted to for the prizes, but that argument also goes for PVEer's, they can pvp for prizes as well.

So, if you are going to separate PVPers from PVEers, then do so in an even fashion.

In conclusion, there needs to be more incentive to participate in BSQ that much is a fact.

point taken. but the question lies in what prizes would be deemed acceptable by the producer if he even considers it. maybe we should just hope he reads forums and does something to surprise us.

maintenance is upon us! i hope something changes this week :pif:

#20 Brian26

Brian26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

I do think this is a good idea, but itd drop the price of sign of heroes. I personally dont mind the price drop but i think its at a good price at the moment. I think that job advancement is a big thing in the game and should be more difficult to do. Just my opinion though

I do think this is a good idea, but itd drop the price of sign of heroes. I personally dont mind the price drop but i think its at a good price at the moment. I think that job advancement is a big thing in the game and should be more difficult to do. Just my opinion though

#21 rockstar999

rockstar999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

What a disappointing maintenance. Battle-square is still broken for levels 41-50 and 51-60. No reward or time changes have been made.

Is nothing being done???

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

What a disappointing maintenance. Battle-square is still broken for levels 41-50 and 51-60. No reward or time changes have been made.

Is nothing being done???

The battlesquare is broken for month now. The producer was not even aware of this issue since I told him last week.

Before nobody on here felt the need or the urge to even tell him about that issue, that's what I did last week. And I thought he knew about it and I just mentioned it without knowledge that wasn't aware. And he was like "What issue?".

The issues the last days (including the one going on now, which is not WarpPortal's fault) were and are very stressful. But he ensured me that it will be looked into and that they will see if there is something that can be done on WarpPortal's side.

And making reward and time changes is not like a blink of an eye. Doing such thing in DS is a very tough one.

Please give us a bit more time.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 15 January 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#23 rockstar999

rockstar999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

The battlesquare is broken for month now. The producer was not even aware of this issue since I told him last week.

Before nobody on here felt the need or the urge to even tell him about that issue, that's what I did last week. And I thought he knew about it and I just mentioned it without knowledge that wasn't aware. And he was like "What issue?".

The issues the last days (including the one going on now, which is not WarpPortal's fault) were and are very stressful. But he ensured me that it will be looked into and that they will see if there is something that can be done on WarpPortal's side.

And making reward and time changes is not like a blink of an eye. Doing such thing in DS is a very tough one.

Good to hear updates on the matter. 

Please keep us informed.

#24 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

Good to hear updates on the matter. 

Please keep us informed.

I always keep you guys informed - as soon as I get new infos myself.  :p_smile:

Edited by VModPopcorn, 15 January 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#25 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

Your efforts are much appreciated. I am quite puzzled as to why the producer wasn't aware of the bsq bug. This has been going on for the majority of 2014 along with inquiries on the matter, even ShazamO knew about it. It just goes to show that more care and greater efforts are needed in maintaining this game, and in this case, more hands as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users