BSQ Time differences - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

BSQ Time differences

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

The battlesquare is broken for month now. The producer was not even aware of this issue since I told him last week.

Before nobody on here felt the need or the urge to even tell him about that issue, that's what I did last week. And I thought he knew about it and I just mentioned it without knowledge that wasn't aware. And he was like "What issue?".

The issues the last days (including the one going on now, which is not WarpPortal's fault) were and are very stressful. But he ensured me that it will be looked into and that they will see if there is something that can be done on WarpPortal's side.

And making reward and time changes is not like a blink of an eye. Doing such thing in DS is a very tough one.

Please give us a bit more time.

Thank you for your patience.

Sadly those bsq's have been bugged for longer than a month. Since the release of 81-85 bsq. 

#27 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:40 AM

Sadly those bsq's have been bugged for longer than a month. Since the release of 81-85 bsq. 

Yes I know. That's I wanted to say. I just forgot to use the plural of month ;) Only a typo.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 19 January 2015 - 03:40 AM.

#28 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

Yes I know. That's I wanted to say. I just forgot to use the plural of month ;) Only a typo.

Any updates on the situation?

#29 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

Any updates on the situation?

I haven't forgotten about this issue, but I sadly have no updates so far. Actually I've tried myself to reach the producer and gather some infos about this yesterday, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get him. I will do so as soon as I can reach him, but I can't promise that this issue can be fixed by WarpPortal in a shorter time scale. This problem could be more difficult to fix as it seems. However, I can ensure you that I will keep you updated.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 22 January 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#30 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:53 AM

In regards to BSQ rewards. I believe the easiest method would be to have an exchange for Signs of Heros (only usable with job changes) for other rewards via the vending machine such as insurance scrolls, soulcraft randomizers, card insurance scrolls, etc.

All at reasonable exchanges (I highly suggest 3 per sign of hero). This can only improve the game and bridge a lot of gaps.

The reasoning for this is to reward competitive, cooperative, and social game play while furthering self progress for an individual player as well as their continued advancement. This model has worked for a majority of successful online games and mmos.

For those interested in further reading:

http://www.digra.org...11310.20247.pdf

#31 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

In regards to BSQ rewards. I believe the easiest method would be to have an exchange for Signs of Heros (only usable with job changes) for other rewards via the vending machine such as insurance scrolls, soulcraft randomizers, card insurance scrolls, etc.

All at reasonable exchanges (I highly suggest 3 per sign of hero). This can only improve the game and bridge a lot of gaps.

The reasoning for this is to reward competitive, cooperative, and social game play while furthering self progress for an individual player as well as their continued advancement. This model has worked for a majority of successful online games and mmos.

@ article, tl;dr

but i got the gist of it. look at that game list at the end. looks good but let's keep our expectations low... extremely low. :heh:

#32 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

That sounds pretty reasonable and it allows the players to choose their rewards in a way instead of being given some specific items without overdoing the rewards.

#33 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

This sounds like a terrific idea. In the article, Game Reward Systems: Gaming

Experiences and Social Meanings, Wang and Sun make it clear that better rewards helps players establish status, attract attention, and build social connections. All of which is done through cooperative game play. Not only will better rewards trigger cooperative game play but a competitive one as well. This is not only beneficial to people who enjoy the pvp system but other players as well due to the fact that better rewards would encourage players to take risks, interact with other players, strategize, and maybe even think critically. People who haven't discovered the joys of pvp would be dumbfounded when in pursuit of better rewards they encounter a battle system that awakens the mind, body and spirit. In conclusion, I believe that better rewards in bsq would lead to a better gaming experience for everyone. 

Edited by stiffyliffyriffy, 24 January 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#34 signh

signh

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

yea,  the thought of being able to trade sign of hero for cash items seems remarkable at first but wouldn't that deter other players from wanting to buy cash items. What about the players more focused on farming the sign of heros and ignoring  pvp altogether?

I like the idea of trading in sign of hero's for cash rewards but  the thought of players not participating in bsq/pvp yet taking up space like seat fillers infuriates me to no extent.

#35 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

Hello,

I think I should say something now.

There will be no trading of Sign of Hero for cash items. 

I agree to the discussion about better rewards, but some of your examples are way over the top and seem very greedy.

At the moment the battlesquare times and bugs are subject of discussion.

Another discussion about possible changes to the rewards is going to happen next. Please don't expect results of this soon, because the bugs have the higher priority.

It has been already looked into the bug with the BSQ times for the lower levels, but it seems it's more complicated than expected. At the time being it is searched what causes this, because only BSQ times on starting on full hours are intended and can be found at the moment. These should be the working ones, whereas the others that start at times between the full hours can't even be found yet. I have been informed they actually tried to find those starting times and they will continue to search for a reason why this times are there.

I will inform you about the progess frequently, even if I have to tell you something negative.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 24 January 2015 - 12:09 PM.

#36 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

yea,  the thought of being able to trade sign of hero for cash items seems remarkable at first but wouldn't that deter other players from wanting to buy cash items. What about the players more focused on farming the sign of heros and ignoring  pvp altogether?

I like the idea of trading in sign of hero's for cash rewards but  the thought of players not participating in bsq/pvp yet taking up space like seat fillers infuriates me to no extent.

I like this input. Not only because it challenges the suggestion, but because it see's the the potential harmful effects of it.

But I ask you this; what idea has no pros and cons? Seemingly it seems that yes, players would go in and take advantage of it, but then again, we barely have enough players to get a full BSQ going in the first place.

There's an mmo game i'm currently playing on my phone in my free time. Pvp points accumulate for one week and get ranked and then cash prizes are distributed in regards to the players pvp points (rank). And by cash prizes I mean in-game items purchasable with real money.

This didn't hurt the game financially at all. The player base went up. The Pvp rooms were constantly being filled, and ultimately the more users = the more money since players were now able to taste or get a sample of cash benefits . So as far as I see it, the pros would outweigh the cons immensely. 

@popcornkernel

i don't recall anyone suggesting vending machine trade-ins for spiritual boxes and gold coins etc. hopefully that gets removed since majority of players find it redundant.

Edited by noxis, 24 January 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#37 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

This didn't hurt the game financially at all. The player base went up. The Pvp rooms were constantly being filled, and ultimately the more users = the more money since players were now able to taste or get a sample of cash benefits . So as far as I see it, the pros would outweigh the cons immensely. 

@popcornkernal

i don't recall anyone suggesting vending machine trade-ins for spiritual boxes and gold coins etc. hopefully that gets removed since majority of players find it redundant.

The PvP players like to forget that this game is not only PvP based. Such type of rewards would make the game more Pay2Win than ever, the PvE aspect would die. 

As for your event comment:

First of all this discussion is about the BSQ and not about the running events. But to clarify the situation: The event is a community request (yes I am also in-game often), and PvP players may find it redundant, but the community does not only consist of PvP players. The event is running very good by the way and is appreciated by many that personally told me about it.

However, please go to topic and keep my last post in mind:

There will be no trade of Sign of Hero for Cash Items and there won't be BSQ cash item rewards in that amount. 

Like I said, I agree on reworking of the reward system, but the two things I just told you above are no point of discussion.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 24 January 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#38 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

I agree to the discussion about better rewards, but some of your examples are way over the top and seem very greedy.

let me rephrase that for you. "i don't currently agree with the suggestions being given. However, it is not in my power to decide such matters but rather forward them to the appropriate parties who ultimately decide the outcome of such suggestions." i hope you're learning here  :heh:

I like this input. Not only because it challenges the suggestion, but because it see's the the potential harmful effects of it.

But I ask you this; what idea has no pros and cons? Seemingly it seems that yes, players would go in and take advantage of it, but then again, we barely have enough players to get a full BSQ going in the first place.

There's an mmo game i'm currently playing on my phone in my free time. Pvp points accumulate for one week and get ranked and then cash prizes are distributed in regards to the players pvp points (rank). And by cash prizes I mean in-game items purchasable with real money.

@popcornkernel

nt. i don't think bringing facts and data work on this company. 

#39 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

let me rephrase that for you. "i don't currently agree with the suggestions being given. However, it is not in my power to decide such matters but rather forward them to the appropriate parties who ultimately decide the outcome of such suggestions." i hope you're learning here  :heh:

Feel free to rephrase things how they come to your mind. That does not mean that they are correct.  :heh:

#40 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

The PvP players like to forget that this game is not only PvP based. Such type of rewards would make the game more Pay2Win than ever, the PvE aspect would die. 

As for your event comment:

First of all this discussion is about the BSQ and not about the running events. But to clarify the situation: The event is a community request (yes I am also in-game often), and PvP players may find it redundant, but the community does not only consist of PvP players. The event is running very good by the way and is appreciated by many that personally told me about it.

However, please go to topic and keep my last post in mind:

There will be no trade of Sign of Hero for Cash Items and there won't be BSQ cash item rewards in that amount. 

Like I said, I agree on reworking of the reward system, but the two things I just told you above are no point of discussion.

unfortunately, BSQ is the topic and as it stands it is appropriate in this discussion. Please be mindful of the rules regarding moderating this forum as other players are less lenient in the subjugation of their free speech as I am.

Edited by noxis, 24 January 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#41 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

getting back on topic. i don't believe its fair for players in other parts of the world to stay up just to bsq because of time zone differences. hopefully this taken into account since we are now pretty much an international server.

#42 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:14 PM

getting back on topic. i don't believe its fair for players in other parts of the world to stay up just to bsq because of time zone differences. hopefully this taken into account since we are now pretty much an international server.

I already discussed this with the producer and I will continue doing this after this week's server maintenance. I think everyone agrees that this is not fair for other timezones the way it is at the moment. Besides this I told him about the bugged BSQ times at half hours and it has already been looked into, but unfortunately without success so far. The investigation regarding this surely goes on.

#43 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

I already discussed this with the producer and I will continue doing this after this week's server maintenance. I think everyone agrees that this is not fair for other timezones the way it is at the moment. Besides this I told him about the bugged BSQ times at half hours and it has already been looked into, but unfortunately without success so far. The investigation regarding this surely goes on.

Glad to hear updates regarding this issue. I hope in the near future that the warpportal team will find a way to fix this mess. In the meantime please keep us posted.

#44 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

Any updates?

#45 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

Sadly not yet

#46 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

Are they even working to fix bsq yet?

#47 Looneyjooney93

Looneyjooney93

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

Are they even working to fix bsq yet?

I am a level 59 mage trying to do BSQ to earn a Sign of Hero, however not only there are no participants, there are no spiders spawning for me to kill for flags. The BSQ is still bugged! How am I gonna change job when the BSQ is not working?! PLease fix this. You're losing lots of old players of dragonica because of bugs unfix! TQ

#48 Prockzone

Prockzone

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:20 AM

How am I gonna change job when the BSQ is not working?!

How about doing the "real" jobchange (pve mode) and actually work for your progress? :p_smile:

#49 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

How about doing the "real" jobchange (pve mode) and actually work for your progress? :p_smile:

As easy as people make the Achievement Point req seem why doesn't he just farm the gold to buy SoH and save him a week or two.

#50 CharmanderIAH

CharmanderIAH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

any update on this ? it's been a while and there have been other forum topics on this subject.  bsq lv 60 and below is more important since SoH is needed to jc.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users