Connection & Launcher Errors After Patch? - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Connection & Launcher Errors After Patch?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

So it seems that my previous post on players having connection and launcher errors was removed. 

I must have violated some forum rules (Being helpful gets your post removed) on getting a consensus if many other players were having the same problem.

On my previous post, the video showed that Ro2 launcher would come up, but the actual game would not boot up itself.

We've tried it client and steam version.  It might be having issues with either the patcher itself or hackshield launcher.

Anyone else having the same problem?  A few of my friends are not able to log on because of this issue after patch.

#2 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

._. Why did they delete it?

It only ever happened to me once, I had to restart my computer. But I haven't had it since :o 

#3 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

I was just looking at it 5 min ago.

http://forums.warppo...oblems-for-ro2/

Edited by donchan, 13 January 2015 - 10:30 PM.

#4 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:15 AM

Why was my post moved?  One of the most important topics that we can help get fixed, and it gets moved to the graveyard section of WP forums? 

Either my posts gets deleted or moved (to be hidden). 

Before anyone gives me a witty remark, there's plenty of other posts on the community chat that have yet to be moved to its "proper" place.

I've chosed this section of the forums, why? Because it gets the most traffic flow. 

The slower things get fixed or incorporated, the more players you lose. 

#5 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

So it seems that my previous post on players having connection and launcher errors was removed. 

I must have violated some forum rules (Being helpful gets your post removed) on getting a consensus if many other players were having the same problem.

On my previous post, the video showed that Ro2 launcher would come up, but the actual game would not boot up itself.

We've tried it client and steam version.  It might be having issues with either the patcher itself or hackshield launcher.

Anyone else having the same problem?  A few of my friends are not able to log on because of this issue after patch.

The launcher and the actual game are two different things and might therefore cause different issues. F.e. if I sit behind a certain proxy, I could still update the launcher, but the launcher itself crashes in an inappropriate manner. When I run a certain team communication software before I started the game, the launcher works fine, but the game crashes without further notice. I assume that HackShield has shut it down... and this might be the case in your example as well (the game crashes right after HackShield is started).

That aside, I think that community managers should feel intrigued to use the PM option more often. If a post/thread is deleted or moved, it wouldn't be that difficult to notify the creator.

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

You can set your forum notifications to tell you who moved/deleted your threads/posts. I'm guessing that's why they don't PM people about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users