NH> Skill choice for RG for job 150 to 160 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

NH> Skill choice for RG for job 150 to 160

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

I am at 150 job and I mainly level with my Ranger and AB friends at Scaraba hall and Bifrost tower and do instance like ET and GH. I go with max OB, VP, Inspiration and Vanguard build. I have some choice of the new skills to for the additional 10 jobs points and i would like some advice. Thank you in advance

First choice is sacrifice, which will cost 5 points to max. This is useless for what I am doing now. With AB our ranger will never be in danger while leveling. For MVP I always tank. However now with new world spot light over biolab seems to be the best place to level, and without sacrifice RG won't find a party. But I am worried if I am going to die a lot when sacrificing in biolab. I am only at 60k hp fully buffed

Second option is to invest 8 points to max prestige which gives big def bonus and is pretty good against high physical damage MVP like Samurai spect, Cenia and Valkyrie. This seems to be my ideal choice in my opinion

Third option is to invest 7 points to max king's grace. I heard very different opinions on this skill. Some said it is very good. Some said it is gargage. I am interested in the description that it blocks damage. Is it really making party invincible for 5 sec? Is it good against EQ? Because now EQ is the biggest problem for us to farm MVP. If king's grace is 5 sec invincible then I will definitely consider it.

4th option is full throttle. Seems most ppl say it is bad so I am not really considering it. How is it compare to inspiration?

Also if you guys think other skills will be good in my situation, like battle chat/matyr/eb please also advice. Thank you

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:24 AM

You will not WoE right? Is it safe to assume that your final goal is to spend time with your friends to tun events and instances? I need to know more about what you want to do with your RG in the end.

#3 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

You will not WoE right? Is it safe to assume that your final goal is to spend time with your friends to tun events and instances? I need to know more about what you want to do with your RG in the end.

#4 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:45 AM

Yeah we will not do PVP and WOE. End goal is just be able to kill all kinds of MVPs and do all kinds of instance with my friends or a bigger party

#5 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

Sorry reply at wrong place. Refer to my previous post

#6 KudanSeishirou

KudanSeishirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:07 AM

if you being lazy you can add sacrifice. you can leave it at level 2 too, for sacing 2 people (the duration is short though). because some MVP still use deadly AOE attack that will kill your ranger and AB. also at lv 100 ET, you'll need to sac both of then to give them defending aura effect.

prestige is nice, you can get upto 1600 def, with SS3 prestige and muscle fool enchant. that's like 72% reduction.

i don't think you will use kings grace, the MVP will come at your party instead if you use Kings grace.

full throttle is cool, without the 50min. so it's up to you actually. but better not to get this with complex skill tree such as RG. -.-

#7 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

if you being lazy you can add sacrifice. you can leave it at level 2 too, for sacing 2 people (the duration is short though). because some MVP still use deadly AOE attack that will kill your ranger and AB. also at lv 100 ET, you'll need to sac both of then to give them defending aura effect.

prestige is nice, you can get upto 1600 def, with SS3 prestige and muscle fool enchant. that's like 72% reduction.

i don't think you will use kings grace, the MVP will come at your party instead if you use Kings grace.

full throttle is cool, without the 50min. so it's up to you actually. but better not to get this with complex skill tree such as RG. -.-

Thank you very much for your advice. It is very helpfu. Some questions:

1. Prestige seems very good, but I don't understand some expressions. What is SS3 mean and what is muscle fool enchant? How to get that

2. We can handle most AOEs without sac with elemental armor/pneuma/mercenaries against low damage EQ. For EQ from Ifrit and Valk we got wiped at the 1st stage damage anyway. How does sac work against EQ? My understanding is I took all the 1st stage damage and I die, then they will die to 2nd stage damage, right? And what is the skill of Naught at lv100? If it is ranged physical damage can it be blocked by pneuma?

3. So King's grace is just self-invincible? I thougt it was party invincible based on the skill description

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

Even if you dont like Sacrifice, at least get it level 3, so you can continuely sacrifice 2 people. I would suggest Sacrifce level 3 and Prestige lvl 4, preferably lvl 5 if you can get 1 skill point from somewhere else.

King's grace is probably the most useless 3rd class new skill or Its just me who have not found good ways to use it yet. All the status it cures can be cures by consumable items and AB's skills. Like someone has mentioned, since the AoE of the skill is 7x7 at lvl 5, only you will become immobiles and invincible for 5 seconds. This the MVP will likely to hange the target from you to the ranger.

Since you already have VP and OB maxed, you probably dont need any other offensive skills. Getting Prestige seems to be a way to go. The con is that, it lasts for a very short period of time and that it takes a long time to cast, hence when your Prestige runs out, you probably wont have time to recast.

No idea about Battle chant but I kmow that MR and EB skill is not for MVPing.

SS means shield spell.

#9 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

Even if you dont like Sacrifice, at least get it level 3, so you can continuely sacrifice 2 people. I would suggest Sacrifce level 3 and Prestige lvl 4, preferably lvl 5 if you can get 1 skill point from somewhere else.

King's grace is probably the most useless 3rd class new skill or Its just me who have not found good ways to use it yet. All the status it cures can be cures by consumable items and AB's skills. Like someone has mentioned, since the AoE of the skill is 7x7 at lvl 5, only you will become immobiles and invincible for 5 seconds. This the MVP will likely to hange the target from you to the ranger.

Since you already have VP and OB maxed, you probably dont need any other offensive skills. Getting Prestige seems to be a way to go. The con is that, it lasts for a very short period of time and that it takes a long time to cast, hence when your Prestige runs out, you probably wont have time to recast.

No idea about Battle chant but I kmow that MR and EB skill is not for MVPing.

SS means shield spell.

I see thank you very much for the advice. Yeah I will probably get rid of 1 point in Guard. I am now at lvl 6 and only lvl 5 is required for inspiration, and get lvl3 sac and lvl5 prestige. So sad that King's grace is not that good compared to other new skills. The name is really cool. Before the patch, with inspiration I can beat our ranger in damage when doing MVP. Now with the ridiculously good ranger new skill there's just no way. We can now even beat genes in MVP competition. 

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

You might want to try King's grace yourself and see if you can use it to assist you in any means. To really know the skill well, you just gotta try it yourself. No other people can help you with the finding.

Although the name of the skill is King's grace but the official name is actually G**'s grace :3

#11 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

Chakri, May I know how do you keep your SP up without using SP items? Or do you use SP items?

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:18 PM

+9 Vanargand helm and mob like crazy with Cannon spear and OB combo lol

Barely run out of SP. I use like less than 25 blue pots for sure, but most likely I use less than 15 blue pots each high TI run when I go solo. Yup this helm is very OP :p_err:

#13 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:51 AM

I thought you said Cannon Spear sucks without megs. I read your guide. Now I am confused.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

I thought you said Cannon Spear sucks without megs. I read your guide. Now I am confused.

Ha sorry if I've confused you

Ok here Cannon spear sucks without megs in WoE

Cannon spear is alright to use without megs in leveling if you have STR GH Boots

Edited by ChakriGuard, 01 February 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#15 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

Ohh makes sense! :)

Thank you Chakri

My stats are 80 str, 90 vit, 70 dex. Should I start adding Agi now?

#16 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

+9 Vanargand helm and mob like crazy with Cannon spear and OB combo lol

Barely run out of SP. I use like less than 25 blue pots for sure, but most likely I use less than 15 blue pots each high TI run when I go solo. Yup this helm is very OP :p_err:

How is +9 Rideword compared to +9 Vanargand? irowiki doesn't specify the odds of Hp and Sp restore for Vanargand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users