Please help me how to build Paladin/RG - Hybrid PvM build? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please help me how to build Paladin/RG - Hybrid PvM build?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

I have read the guide but very confuse how to build it effectively.

My purpose for my Paladin/RG is to obtain Battle Chant skill, but the skill use too much skill points and lead character to be full support character that I don't want it to be.

I want to play this character for PvM and usually play it Solo, but also be useful for party in TI and some instances.

I have simulated skills but I don't know if it can survive or do enough DpS.

http://irowiki.org/~...HNjSqn2fafrdqx1

I have very low in budget please suggest the build that fit.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Explain me your logic behind that simulated skill build of yours.

Give me reasons why you've chosen these skills.

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

1) Get rid of rapid smiting
2) Get spear quicken (at least level 2 I would say)
3) Get Overbrand 5 if you want to have an AOE solo
4) You don't need a high level of earth drive for PVM
5) Sacrifice can also be level 3 or 4 if you are short on points
6) Exceed break is kind of bad in PVM
7) Get vanishing point 10
8) Shield press is also pretty bad in PVM

#4 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

Explain me your logic behind that simulated skill build of yours.

Give me reasons why you've chosen these skills.

1. I want BATTLE CHANT. This is my 1st priority.

2. Avoid using spear. I have low in zeny. I have no time to find the proper one either. I will end up finding some one or two proper cheap +9 shield. I already have some decent one-handed sword.

3. Require to be needed in the party but be able to solo.

4. I also plan to play Shadow Chaser that can Reproduce 3 RG skills: Earth Drive, Shield Press and Shield Spell. It is more interesting if I can obtain those skills as much points as possible.

5. Inspiration+ Genesis Ray are very interesting to play but because of lacking in points and feeling very pain to pay 1%exp to play, I have to rely on another skills.

6. I want to max out this character some day but not interest to use this character to MVP. This means I need enough DPS not maximized DPS. I know that all spear skills are very powerful after reading all descriptions but I want to know if there is possibility to play shield skills with enough DPS.

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

1. I want BATTLE CHANT. This is my 1st priority.

2. Avoid using spear. I have low in zeny. I have no time to find the proper one either. I will end up finding some one or two proper cheap +9 shield. I already have some decent one-handed sword.

3. Require to be needed in the party but be able to solo.

4. I also plan to play Shadow Chaser that can Reproduce 3 RG skills: Earth Drive, Shield Press and Shield Spell. It is more interesting if I can obtain those skills as much points as possible.

5. Inspiration+ Genesis Ray are very interesting to play but because of lacking in points and feeling very pain to pay 1%exp to play, I have to rely on another skills.

6. I want to max out this character some day but not interest to use this character to MVP. This means I need enough DPS not maximized DPS. I know that all spear skills are very powerful after reading all descriptions but I want to know if there is possibility to play shield skills with enough DPS.

If you want to solo as a Royal guad, as far as my knowledge is limited, I say that you need spear skills and +9 spears (ie. imperial spear, hunting spear, brooca, battle hook, long horn, etc). I have never see such a battle royal guard with shield skills that can deal good DPS. The closest build I've seen is a reflect-auto cast build which doesnt require anything but potting.

All those shield skills (Earth drive, Shield press, Shield boomerage) and Exceed break are horrible DPS. Exceed break is usable in mvp/pvm only when you achieve an almost instant class which, well, requires the god hammer. Thus, you can drop Exceed break. Earth drive has 2 seconds cooldown and it deal horrible damages, not to mention it breaks your shield at 5% at level 5. Shield press and Shield boomerage are just never mentioned because they are horrible since Renewal.

I think so far I can offer these 3 builds that I would go if I were you.

1. 1_zpsc336b4ce.png

Level 10 BC, Level 3 Sacrifice, Level 3 SS, and Level 5 Vanguard

This build focus on BC (as you want) with Level 3 Sacrifice, you will cover all the supportive Royal guard aspect (Good buffs from BC and Sacrifice). With Level 3 SS, you can get hard def buff and get tankier when you solo to grind your level. Level 5 Vanguard is pretty straightforward ... more HP.

2. 2_zps36c9b3d4.png

Level 10 BC, Level 3 Sacrifice, Level 1 SS, Level 5 Prestige

Very similar to the upper build. The difference is, you focus on offensive aspect with only Level 1 SS to get ATK buff. Prestige is there to substitute the loss of SS3. I always prefer Prestige over SS3 if you ask me because SS3 gives out one random buff out of 3 and sometimes during a crisis moment, it can be a pain in the ass.

3. 3_zpsa2d0e331.png

Level 8 BC (90% success rate), Level 3 Sacrifice, Level 3 SS, Level 5 Prestige

If you are not a perfectionist, I think this build is ideal for you. While lowering down BC to level 8, you on the other hand have both Level 3 SS and Level 5 Prestige. True that you do not have Level 5 Vanguard but to me, I think this skill is the least important skill among skills we're discussing here.

Notes

- All builds have Level 1 Peity. Trust me, you will need this skill but level 1 is enough. Level 1 Peity lasts 60 seconds.

- Spear quicken 2 to get 60 seconds of ASPD, Flee and CRIT. Because you mainly need ASPD from this skill, leaving it at level 2 is optimal. You will need to cast it frequently however. If I were you, I would only cast this in a party when I want to help killing monsters. Level 10 and Level 2 gives the same ASPD, only Flee and CRIT and skill duration vary.

- Level 3 Sacrifice is there to be able to sacrifice 2 members in your party. To me, level 3 Sacrifice is the minimum requirement for most Royal Guards.

- You can drop Level 5 Defender if you are not planning to run ET but once in a while you might need this skill in TI. Do not leave it between level 1 and level 5. Either max it out or not have it at all.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 16 January 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#6 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

Excuse me.....

The links you posted are the same as mine.  :p_ang:

edit: got pict....!

Edited by armourer84, 16 January 2015 - 11:01 PM.

#7 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:13 PM

If you want to solo as a Royal guad, as far as my knowledge is limited, I say that you need spear skills and +9 spears (ie. imperial spear, hunting spear, brooca, battle hook, long horn, etc). I have never see such a battle royal guard with shield skills that can deal good DPS. The closest build I've seen is a reflect-auto cast build which doesnt require anything but potting.

Very interest build for relect-autocast. Can you teach me which gear needed? and how to invest skill point to this build.

Thank you in advance.

#8 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:18 AM

I am confused... If you want solo a lot why would you want to get BC? Even if you want to support, sac is always more useful. BC is interesting skill but too many randomness. And your party can't move if they want to get buff. I have been playing for months and I think I never saw this skill being used in TI

#9 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

Very interest build for relect-autocast. Can you teach me which gear needed? and how to invest skill point to this build.

Thank you in advance.

Based on my understanding, reflect damage build has been nerfed a lot and is very inefficient for levelling. You can soon run out of sp and will require huge amount of pots.  That's why basically nobody is discussing this build right now.

Talking about shield skills, rapid smiting can be a good skill for DPS when you are in Paladin stage. Shield press is not bad when you are a low level RG if you are using a heavy shield as a relatively high damage skill with low SP. But when you reach like 110-120+, these skills will not be able to provide sufficient DPS.

If you want to solo leveling, Overbrand is a MUST. This is RG's main AOE damage skill. You just can't level efficiently without this skill. And it requires you to get a spear. Hunting Spear is the best spear for Overbrand and it is only 1 million. If you have low fund, then I suggest you refine it to level 4. Get a number of Hunting Spear and get different damage increase cards that based on RACE. Those cards are not really expensive. I think it will be an average of 5 million for each +4 Hunting Spear with a damage increase card. Also get a Long Horn and put a Santa Poring card for killing Shadow Property Monsters. That is even cheaper. Both long horn and Santa Poring card are less than 1 million

Another important skill is Sield Spell1 for the damage increase buff. Use Rosa Shields. They have high defense so that you get 130 damage boost from SS1. They are also very cheap stuff. You do the same thing, buy a bunch of Rosa shields and get all the damage reduction cards based on race. Choose your weapon and shield according to what monsters you decide to farm. Note that DO NOT refine a shield to +9 if you don't have fund. Use it to refine your weapon. A +9 weapon is cheaper to make and it is more useful than a +9 shield, unless +9 shield gives you additional advantage, which is not the case for most RG shields. Also in terms of solo leveling SS1 is more usefull than SS3. So don't refine your shield to +9 when you don't have fund. You first priority in terms of refining is your weapon.

You can find card information on IRO wiki card reference sector

Other skills you want to consider:

Spear Quicken Max: Level of Spear Quicken is in the formula for Overbrand Damage Calculation. Max it to have Max damage of Overbrand

Defending Aura Max: This is a great skill. Max it. Otherwise when you face a bunch of ranged attack monsters you can see how fast you dies.

Sacrifice: This is the skill that makes RG unique and the only reason why a party would invite an RG (No party cares about Battle Chant)

Prestige: Offers you great defense boost and ability to dodge spell

Vanguard Force: Another good spell that increase defense and Max HP

Piety: Pretty Good spell in some situation. You know how expensive Angeling Card is

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

I am confused... If you want solo a lot why would you want to get BC? Even if you want to support, sac is always more useful. BC is interesting skill but too many randomness. And your party can't move if they want to get buff. I have been playing for months and I think I never saw this skill being used in TI

The first effect of BC starts at the first second of activating BC. He can simply activate BC, giving random good buffs to the party, then de-activate. No one needs to stop. This is known as a flashing BC.

His TI party, especially low TI, might be camping.

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

Thank you in advance.

You will have to ask other people. I have, never in the history, tried this build lol

But as far as I know, you will need CD in mouth, and Ring of Resonance and Ring of Lord Flame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users