New player seeking advice~ - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New player seeking advice~

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Deathsaber

Deathsaber

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

Greetings, humans   :ani_meow:

I've recently took interest in start playing ragnarok ( after avoiding it a lot of times because other games would push me away   [ i've trying to to play ragnarok since.. 2010 so yeah.. ] )

So.. i have some questions!

Which class is  "beginner friendly"? I usually like to play ranged classes and got quite interested in gunslinger and ninja [ despite ninja not being a "ranged class" i think.. ] but i've heard that they're quite hard to gear up..

I've also heard that i need to create a merchant in order to make tons of zeny otherwise it will be hard to gear up, is that true?

There is no "main quest" right [or quests that tell you a little bit of history]?

What are the diference between the "classic" and "renewal" servers [ too lazy to search xD ]?

What is this "mvp" stuff ppl keep talking about [ again, too lazy ^^' ]?

there are pets in ragnarok right? how do i get one?

thx in advance  :ani_meow: 

Edited by Deathsaber, 17 January 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#2 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

try novice > archer > hunter > rebirth to high novice > high archer > sniper > ranger

this is the ranged (bow-arrow) class of the game, and also very beginner friendly;

rangers excel in player-vs-monster(PvM) situations (leveling and general item hunting);

always wanted by leveling parties due to high and wide area-of-effect(AoE) damage with ranger's arrow storm(AS);

the white wing set are 4 items that boost arrow storm damage a lot when worn together, and are fairly easy to acquire;

check the archer subforums for general info on stats/skills/gears/leveling guides;

gunslinger and ninja are in the extended classes group; usually played for fun or utility (soul linkers);

they are somewhat limited in things like attainable levels, job advancements, and wearable general gears, but they are quite unique in terms of their playstyles and equipment;

the merchant class have the unique vending skill where you can basically leave the game running until the items (usually hunted on another character) you assigned are sold out (bought by other players)

so in a way, they are the primary way to get the zeny flowing in;

should make a separate account for a merchant so you can play your main independently;

the merchant splits into two classes - each played either as a main/sub-main character for end game use (WoE/MvP) - or built and geared in a specific way for manufacture of items via skills unique to these classes;

this is a form of investment, since you need ingredients/materials for creation, that are usually bought in bulk from other players (as opposed to making zeny by hunting items from monsters to sell) so it can be hard if the creation success rates (dependent on stats, gears, and support buffs) are substandard;

the alchemist branch specialize in potion/consumable creation - many of which are in high demand as they are constantly consumed, but the high number of producers make up for this demand anyways, also large guilds have their own well-geared "potters" for their (usually) exclusive use;

the blacksmith branch, which forge specific weapons, are rather obsolete since there are many other better weapons to use in general;

so the main purpose of alt merchants is for vending; having a specialized one for item creation is optional as you can just get earnings for monster drops hunted by your main character; you can however try to make a potter once you have the capital to support it steadily;

ragnarok has a ton of quests - most can be done independently, but there are a quite a lot that are bundled into arc quests and have to be done in some order;

the arc quests in particular have most of the game's story content;

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Quests

renewal server (chaos) - renewal update mechanics and GUI, 3rd-class jobs; periodically gets game updates from kRO

classic server (loki) - server that maintains game mechanics before the renewal update (no 3rd jobs); generally played by veteran RO players for the nostalgia; gradually updates (until it hits the point where renewal would begin)

MvP - most valuable player; often used to refer to "boss monsters"; often competed over (in natural spawns) or fought in "instances" for their valuable drops (gears/cards);

note that there are boss-tagged/mini-boss monsters that have immunities similar to the free-for-all "real/MvP" boss monsters, but those mini-bosses are NOT open for kill-stealing;

http://irowiki.org/wiki/MVP

you either tame a monster (list of pets on link) with its specific taming item for a chance to get it's egg, or buy the egg directly from a vending player;

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Pet_System

Edited by ka10, 17 January 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#3 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

Greetings, humans   :ani_meow:

WE CALLED OURSELVES EARTHLINGS

I've recently took interest in start playing ragnarok ( after avoiding it a lot of times because other games would push me away   [ i've trying to to play ragnarok since.. 2010 so yeah.. ] )

So.. i have some questions!

Which class is  "beginner friendly"? I usually like to play ranged classes and got quite interested in gunslinger and ninja [ despite ninja not being a "ranged class" i think.. ] but i've heard that they're quite hard to gear up..

THIS PHOTO WILL VISIT YOU IN DREAM-land

and it will turn into nightmare.

ruler_zps9b946007.png

I've also heard that i need to create a merchant in order to make tons of zeny otherwise it will be hard to gear up, is that true?

I have merchant but its only level 10 I used this in Vending only.

well because I have a back-up high level 157 to loot stuff (a major class not merchant & expanded class ) & I also purchase promo stuff like:

VIP(31days)+ free 1,500WP (instant 200m zeny if you familiar in certain stuff Kafra shop) 

Item Price Guide   http://ragial.com/

if you ever try to sell stuff in kafra shop

There is no "main quest" right [or quests that tell you a little bit of history]?

yup there's a lot but you need to use Warportal forum, Google and YouTube as guide to FIND&FINISH certain quest & job change.

What are the diference between the "classic" and "renewal" servers [ too lazy to search xD ]?

Its the market & population

-if you need to buy stuff quickly there's a 90% a player vending it in renewal.

compare in classic you need to check in ragial if some is online and selling by chance.

classic_zpsb8fcfe5c.png

thx in advance  :ani_meow: 

Edited by Ward20th, 18 January 2015 - 04:12 AM.

#4 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

There is no "main quest" right [or quests that tell you a little bit of history?

There are lots story based quests in this game. The quests in this game are kind of like puzzle pieces, in that you have to kind of do the most of them seperately to piece the lore together. I am gonna see if I can order them in the manner that flows the best in my opinion. If I ever do a "lore run" for video content, I'll probably do these quests in these order. You should at least be level 140 if you want to do every one of these quests. You can be low level and still do some of these quests, but not all.

Rune-Midgarts + Nifflheim

Schwartzvald and Arunafeltz

New World

Quests that involve the original comic book series cast

reference:

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Quests

This post is an ongoing work. This will continue to be edited and updated.

Edited by seaechiowai, 12 December 2015 - 02:45 AM.

#5 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:41 AM

Nya nya! (I'll kill you while you sleep!)

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:03 AM

There are lots story based quests in this game. The quests in this game are kind of like puzzle pieces, in that you have to kind of do the most of them seperately to piece the lore together. I am gonna see if I can order them in the manner that flows the best in my opinion. If I ever do a "lore run" for video content, I'll probably do these quests in these order. You should at least be level 140 if you want to do every one of these quests. You can be low level and still do some of these quests, but not all.

Rune-Midgarts + Nifflheim

nice compilation.  Just wanted to add some notes:

Doomed Sword Quest is broken if you want to create executioner, as the npc you need to speak to prior to talking to the weaponsmith is missing in izlude.  You will need GM assistance for that bit.

The Lost Spirits/Lion's Roar questline is a fan-made one that was originally supposed to explain the origins of Glast Heim, amongst other things.  Then kRO came out with OGH and that sort of blew it up.  It's still being worked on though, and I'm looking forward to the next installments :D

One of these days I will need to fully explore the eclage quests.  I've only completed the oliver wolf quest and started some others.

#7 HMP0824

HMP0824

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

if you want range class & beginner friendly try ranger.
- Cheap Equips
- Easy to use 
- Recommended on all parties
- etc.

(recommended) buy VIP [30days w/ Free 1500kp], only 15$ for 30days of pleasure.
- this will boost up your character faster.
- buy and sell KP items to buy equips.

ask people in the forums for tip & tricks
- this will help you to avoid wasting time & zeny loss.

buy what you need not what you want..
- buy equips that boost your character to go further.
- main equips now, costume later.

Edited by HMP0824, 21 January 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#8 MillyBear

MillyBear

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1997 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:39 AM

if you want range class & beginner friendly try ranger.

- main equips now, costume later.

I agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users