Choosing class and build for a Swordsman and an Archer - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Choosing class and build for a Swordsman and an Archer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Akitoru

Akitoru

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

I'm new here so hello everyone :D

Okay - so me and my friend are going to play Ragnarok. I want to be a Swordsman, she wants to be an Archer. We want to be the best at fighting solo (in duet also :p_laugh: ) with monsters. Can You help us with choosing the best classes of those (Knight or Crusader) and their builds?

Thank you very much :) 

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

Probably you as a crusader with a tank / sacrifice oriented build, and your friend as a hunter aiming for ranger with emphasis on AOE damage.

Actually for most duos I probably recommend one of the people being a priest / AB.

#3 Akitoru

Akitoru

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

Yeah, but we want to fight both directly.

This is Skill Tree that I want to use for my RG: http://irowiki.org/~...5GC1rfqAbqkAak1

Here are stats: STR > 9x~1xx

AGI > 90~1xx
VIT > 95~1xx
INT > 1x~7x
DEX > 9x~1xx
LUK > 2x~6x

But I completely don't know what build should my friend do for Hunter and then Ranger...

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

Hunter to sniper to ranger they just really need higher dex(90?) and agi(at least 60-75?) and then enough vit(get some please, like at least 30, up to like 50 depending on tastes) to not get smashed and enough int(25?) to not constantly run out of sp. Get dex first.

They really just need a hunting bow and hunting arrows(buy from someone vending they're pretty cheap) to be extremely effective up to low level 100s. So that'll last them a very long time.

#5 Akitoru

Akitoru

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

Oh, thanks. Do they need any special skills?

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

That RG skill tree can probably use a bit of refining (Inspiration is usually not worth it anymore, other tweaks) but it's good that you are already looking into that and doing your research.

I would recommend focusing on just getting to 99 for now and doing some experimentation on your builds and classes. The builds reset when you are 99 anyway so you'll already have an idea about how the classes work.

For newer players with less funds, go with an AGI build and/or traps build for a hunter.

For your sader, AGI build is fine too or a VIT build for recovering HP better if you are sitting to regenerate mostly. Definitely get Sacrifice to help with your friend, get Guard, and get a Peco. You can experiment with certain skills like Holy Cross (high damage low SP cost single target skill), Grand Cross (AOE but kind of costly), spear quicken if you are an AGI build.

#7 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

Oh, thanks. Do they need any special skills?

99ing sniper is probably the easiest class to level. You literally can max all your archer skills except you just get level 9 of arrow shower at job 50.

For hunter ... its just preference. Get ankle snare... you just level with auto attack and double strafe. You can kill things super fast especially duoing with someone tanky(like a crusader/pally)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users