How the "builds" works? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How the "builds" works?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GnomeEduardo

GnomeEduardo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

Hello guys! I'm newbie on Ragnarok and I need a little help, so, here we go...

I was looking the iRO Wiki and I found a page that describes the Crusader (http://irowiki.org/w...Crusader#Builds), but I don't understand a thing, the "builds" part, look this:

Stat Build:

You see that if I sum the attributes I'll have more than 200 points to allocate, and how this is possible if this class is 2-1? I can't understand how I'll get all of this attributes to put on my character, if someone can explain to me how this works I'll be very grateful. Thank you in advance! :D

PS.: Sorry for my english, is that I'm not speak english very good.

#2 Astralslayer

Astralslayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFar Far away~~
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

Two characters, even if they're the same job, they can pick different skills and also different stats, and it depends in what do you want or what are you planning to do with your character (in this case, Damage per second, sacrifice/support crusader, etc) and every selection of stats+skills is called a "build". For example, It's pretty hard for a crusader with 1 vit to use sacrifice in 5 persons compared to a crusader with 99 vit.

Now, the gap of stats (like vit 60-80) depends on your priorities and gears, for example that Grand Cross Build, If I see my character has a lack of VIT but has a good casting time, Instead of adding 60 points of DEX, i'd use these stats points to level up more my VIT. All these builds are planned for characters level 99, when you have enough S. points for a decent builds.

Anyways, I suggest to check "Royal Guard" builds instead of "Crusader" Builds, because that's the last job of the Crusader class, and a RG can be really different to a Crusader/Paladin

#3 GnomeEduardo

GnomeEduardo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

@Astralslayer, thank you very much for the explaination! xD

#4 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

those are just general stat ranges and usually means total (includes buffs/gear bonuses) stats

guides simply suggest to have your total stats fall within those ranges, but you don't have to necessarily follow that if you have gears to compensate for differences

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

Also, the builds on the wiki are of widely variable quality, and some are obsolete. The build guides on forums are often better, and at least you can see what people are saying about them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users