How did you choose your username? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How did you choose your username?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#26 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

Origenal name was Undying which I thought of because I don't/hate dying.

So then that account got banned on wp for myself being stupid... It was never rereleased or anything so I made a new account lol.

Came up with this account name by spelling Undying backwards and throwing a 1 in there.

#27 MillyBear

MillyBear

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1997 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

My forum name is what my girl calls me.. Most of my friends call me Milly anyway.. and im kind of build like a bear haha

My main account has all Godlik^e in it. It comes from my RO2 days. That is still my name on Dota2

And my alt account was my girl's. She stopped playing so i made chars with all the names i've ever had for her <3.. hehe ..

#28 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

i like to sleep a lot so the name is natural c:

#29 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:52 AM

the first name Legend213 i dont remember why the "213" but when i starded the game i wished to be a excelent swordman class :P then i decided change it to Rave Master because the name is cool and i watched the anime :pp

#30 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

Mine's a bit long.

I play Super Smash Bros. A LOT. 64, Melee, PM, Brawl and Sm4sh. Have played it since it first came out. I usually used Mario in all of them. Me and my pals would get together and practice, play and just have fun. One day, during a party, we were playing and discussing which was the worst character in Smash 64. We were noobs, young and ignorant, so we always said Jigglypuff, since she was the most unmanly one of the bunch. Since I LOVE pink pokemon (and pink in general), I tried to defend her, saying she wasn't the worse. Then, some guy dared me to try and win using only Jiggs. I did and BOY, I fell in love with her. I kicked so many butts and ended up maining her. I was called JigglyGuy from that day on.

Then, Melee came out. Naturally, I would still main Jiggs and did for many years using still my nickname, JigglyGuy. Some time after Brawl came out and the schism of Brawl vs Melee started, I stopped playing for a while. Then, the Melee scene returned to my school. Obviosuly I would jump in and continue my Jiggly dominance. By this time, some japanese dude was playing with us. This was a time where we discovered real competitive play and I was watching videos non-stop. I learned from them and pumped up my Jigglypuff, but most importantly: I learned gimping/edge-guarding. It is defined as the act of getting your opponent off screen and prevent its return. Jiggly was GODLY in that, so I abused of the fact. People didn't liked that XD They would stop playing with me because they didn't know how to prevent such a technique. They would call me "Pinche Jiggly mamona" which is spanish for "puppy*ing Jiggly son of a *****" and people called me "La Jiggly Malvada" ("The Evil Jiggly"). I liked how that sounded, but it needed to be shorter. The japanese guy suggested AkuJiggly ('Aku' meaning 'Evil'). I didn't sound well, but we quickly arranged to Akupuff.

And that's how I got my nickname. I use 'Aku' when 'Akupuff' is too long. 

#31 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

Forum username, i don't know. completely random?

Ingame names. I like farts and poop jokes. aka butt trumpet, colon cannonball, fart surprise

#32 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

ShinobiEX3 ill break it down.

Shin a Hebrew word taking the root in shinui to mean "change"

Obi another Hebrew word to meaning "strength"

EX3 from the most played game when i played after final fantasy Street Fighter EX3.

Some people say i get it from Japanese shinobie "ninja" but i didnt lol Nice brain tease eh :)

Shalom!

#33 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

Forum username, i don't know. completely random?

Ingame names. I like farts and poop jokes. aka butt trumpet, colon cannonball, fart surprise

If u like fart and but jokes Come to Raidcall I have plenty "Self proclaim fart king" Now taking challengers :)

#34 tsukinomori

tsukinomori

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

I've been using some variation of tsuki no mori for years on forums and as character names (I've got an RO mage by that name on a 2007 account that I can never seem to get activated again). It's the name of the male protagonist in, and title of, the first eroge I ever tried to translate from Japanese to English (not realizing at the time the game is set in Feudal Japan so the language wasn't ... um... very standard). At a glance, "tsuki no mori" would read as "Forest of the Moon" but, if you look at the kanji in my sig, you see that "mori" is actually a homophone meaning Guardian or Protector. So, Guardian of the Moon. My avatar is Hime from that game, the daughter of the moon that needs protecting.

I never did finish the translation, I moved on to Popotan instead. But I just like the sound of tsuki no mori and its subtle play on words.

Edited by tsukinomori, 20 January 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#35 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

2015-01-21015635_zpsc3929fe4.jpg

ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackSS.jpg

#36 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

LOL dafk....  :heh:

#37 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

If u like fart and but jokes Come to Raidcall I have plenty "Self proclaim fart king" Now taking challengers :)

I don't want to download something i don't think i'd ever use.

#38 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

On the old Ragnarok BBS I believe I posted alternately as GM Tokugawa and GM Nobunaga and decided to take Oda as a name when we switched to the first RO forum. Or maybe that was when I came back in '10. 

#39 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

my favourite star trek character is Zefram Cochrane, the inventor of warp ski...i mean, technology..thus my characters name, zeframc.

#40 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

I love Japanese lolita fashion. Such as:

http://innocent-w.jp/

http://www.angelicpretty.com/en/

I discovered back in 2008-ish. It was so classy (the appropriate way its worn) and feminine. I just fell in love and use it for a lot of things online. Unfortunately, my name often gets confused for other things... like lollipops. Yes, we'll go with that.

Anita Cigarette was just me be cheeky. 

#41 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

i was typing anything then i got my first nickname : Disandian

disandian is ugly,so i tried again and made isiz (sound like easy and issis),i changed a little bit to Hissis :v

#42 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

wordplay

#43 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

My username came from my Steam account. reason i picked it was... hmm no idea actually lol. just seems unique and short.

It has nothing to do with Playboy itself :p_laugh: . even though my RO char names / guild & guild emblem says otherwise :p_love:

#44 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

the first name Legend213 i dont remember why the "213" but when i starded the game i wished to be a excelent swordman class :P then i decided change it to Rave Master because the name is cool and i watched the anime :pp

Rave Master was awesome. It's a really good name! Did you ever play Special Attack Force on the GBA?

Mine's a bit long.

I play Super Smash Bros. A LOT. 64, Melee, PM, Brawl and Sm4sh. Have played it since it first came out. I usually used Mario in all of them. Me and my pals would get together and practice, play and just have fun. One day, during a party, we were playing and discussing which was the worst character in Smash 64. We were noobs, young and ignorant, so we always said Jigglypuff, since she was the most unmanly one of the bunch. Since I LOVE pink pokemon (and pink in general), I tried to defend her, saying she wasn't the worse. Then, some guy dared me to try and win using only Jiggs. I did and BOY, I fell in love with her. I kicked so many butts and ended up maining her. I was called JigglyGuy from that day on.

Then, Melee came out. Naturally, I would still main Jiggs and did for many years using still my nickname, JigglyGuy. Some time after Brawl came out and the schism of Brawl vs Melee started, I stopped playing for a while. Then, the Melee scene returned to my school. Obviosuly I would jump in and continue my Jiggly dominance. By this time, some japanese dude was playing with us. This was a time where we discovered real competitive play and I was watching videos non-stop. I learned from them and pumped up my Jigglypuff, but most importantly: I learned gimping/edge-guarding. It is defined as the act of getting your opponent off screen and prevent its return. Jiggly was GODLY in that, so I abused of the fact. People didn't liked that XD They would stop playing with me because they didn't know how to prevent such a technique. They would call me "Pinche Jiggly mamona" which is spanish for "puppy*ing Jiggly son of a *****" and people called me "La Jiggly Malvada" ("The Evil Jiggly"). I liked how that sounded, but it needed to be shorter. The japanese guy suggested AkuJiggly ('Aku' meaning 'Evil'). I didn't sound well, but we quickly arranged to Akupuff.

And that's how I got my nickname. I use 'Aku' when 'Akupuff' is too long. 

Always thought it was from Samurai Jack tbh XD

On the old Ragnarok BBS I believe I posted alternately as GM Tokugawa and GM Nobunaga and decided to take Oda as a name when we switched to the first RO forum. Or maybe that was when I came back in '10. 

Always wondered why you never chose Hideyoshi Toyotomi :3

Did you intend to bring about peace through force?

my favourite star trek character is Zefram Cochrane, the inventor of warp ski...i mean, technology..thus my characters name, zeframc.

ilu

i was typing anything then i got my first nickname : Disandian

disandian is ugly,so i tried again and made isiz (sound like easy and issis),i changed a little bit to Hissis :v

I actually really like Disandian :v

#45 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

First MMO I ever played is where I created all my usernames.....I just made them all up lol

#46 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

The first time I played Ragnarok (which is my first MMORPG by the way), I used my actual name (e.g. John D.) on my first character. Then I realized that it's not how it works in the online world so I created a new character and deleted that old one.

It's fine... it was an Archer with STR and LUK anyway... on pre-renewal mechanics.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

So many good stories! It's fun hearing how everyone came up with their names ^^

Except for Xellie's cryptic cuteness which only like 5 people on this forum will understand  :p_devil:

Let's hear more~

Hey, I'm not being cryptic, it really is a secret :p_idea:

#48 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

Sarek

I swear on my own grave I made that name up.  Only to find out later its some character from star wars (or star trek?) i get those mixed.

o wait......wrong forum 

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

Sarek

I swear on my own grave I made that name up.  Only to find out later its some character from star wars (or star trek?) i get those mixed.

o wait......wrong forum 

Yeah, it's Luke's father's name.  Or something

Oh well, we'll know when Oda comes and posts here and corrects this information....

#50 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

The "technowitch" is the title of a character concept printed in White Wolf's Werewolf: the Apocalypse supplement, Tribebook: Black Furies (Revised Ed.).  I thought it was pretty awesome, so I started using it for forum names an the like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users